Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#602558 - Sun Mar 06 2011 03:30 PM Need a better category for my quiz
celicadriver Offline
Participant

Loc: Salt Lake City Utah USA       
Hello, all,

I have just finished the rough draft for my quiz "Special Characters and Symbols in Writing." As of now, it's in the Literary Terms & Quotes category, because that's where I found a series of similar quizzes by another author. However, I don't really agree with that category, since my questions have very little to do with literature. The characters and symbols I describe come from a wide variety of disciplines, including math, music, currency, phonetics, and others.

Is there a better place for this quiz? I'm thinking maybe a subcategory of General or World. Also, I'm not sure how to change my quiz's category now that I seem to be locked into Literary Terms & Quotes.

To give more of an idea what my quiz is about, here's my tentative intro:

"Be sure to set your browsers to 'stun,' so you can view the exotic typographical and written symbols I have described here. Each question is preceded by a category of knowledge where that symbol may be seen in use. Good luck!"

Thanks for your input!

-cd

#602607 - Sun Mar 06 2011 04:19 PM Re: Need a better category for my quiz
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
My suggestion would be Humanities - English - Grammatical and Lexical Items.

#602619 - Sun Mar 06 2011 04:34 PM Re: Need a better category for my quiz
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
Moving the quiz to a different category is easier than it sounds in typed "instructions" lol so bear with me.
When you open the edit screen on your quiz, the current category is in a little window which has a drop down menu. Look for Humanities (it says ROOT:HUMANITIES I think) and click on that, then save the quiz. If you get a big red message telling you it's a root category and you can't put a quiz there, don't panic. Re-open the template and go to the drop down again, and all the Humanities sub categories will be there. You might have to save it in English first, then Grammatical and Lexical Terms, or it might let you go straight to Grammatical and...
Once you save it again, it's moved. laugh
It sounds daunting, but when you have the screen in front of you, you'll see what I mean and it's easy to do, just a bit "fiddly".

#603156 - Tue Mar 08 2011 12:58 PM Re: Need a better category for my quiz
celicadriver Offline
Participant

Loc: Salt Lake City Utah USA       
Thank you both for your help. I have successfully moved my draft to the Grammatical and Lexical Items subcategory, and will be ready to submit in a few days.

#626403 - Wed May 18 2011 01:22 AM Re: Need a better category for my quiz
rubytops Offline
Participant

Loc: Colchester Essex England UK   
I have had the same problem and found the instructions given helpful. I have now been able to move my quiz to a more appropriate catergory.
Thank you.

Moderator:  agony