Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#61981 - Tue Sep 05 2000 02:24 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Poor Mama...the place to check your PMs is at the bottom of the Fun Trivia Community Forums page...go look!

[This message has been edited by Fortunata (edited 09-05-2000).]

#61982 - Tue Sep 05 2000 03:19 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
Congradulations BridLady!! Welcome back GT!! Oh, GT..... I think you entry 'Red-crescent Scrub-Hairstreak' was a dup' of
ren32's entry yesterday.

#61983 - Wed Sep 06 2000 01:25 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

I'm not sure which letter to play from...according to the snake rules, you cannot end an entry with "'Butterfly, Moth or Skipper' ....so Thunder's entry would be "Long Tailed", which doesn't really make sense, maybe in this sort of case ending the name with Skipper would be more correct...or should it be "long Tail"?..who knows..Sypher, Thunder i will hold out on my post until the last minute. If u are both oblivious to this snake-drama I will post of the letter D in anticipation taht Sypher will edit the entry to read "Long Tailed"..

does any of that make sense?

#61984 - Wed Sep 06 2000 02:20 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
Yes it does......but maybe you are going insane like the rest of us....Muhahahahaha

------------------
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!!

#61985 - Wed Sep 06 2000 03:37 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
ren32 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fanling Hong Kong
Well I thought this might be rather apt. http://www.justsaywow.com/wholenewlightp.htm

------------------

I had a boring office job—I cleaned the windows in the envelopes. —Rita Rudner

#61986 - Wed Sep 06 2000 03:47 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
hiya JJ, it's good to catch up with everyone again, and hello Mr Snakemaster .. if these two entries are the same then I'll be a monkey's uncle. I know nothing precisely zilch about lepidoptera but I betcha a Big Mac and a small fries they're different

aunty ren posted on 04-Sep-2000 at 7:17am ..
Red-crescent Scrub-Hairstreak
Northern Mexico - butterfly
.. aka strymon rufofusca

and this was posted by gt on 05-Sep-2000 at 8:41am ..
Red-lined Scrub-Hairstreak
strymon bebrycia
North America above Mexico

what'd you reckon? they look different to me, and I've tried two pairs of glasses looking at this

#61987 - Wed Sep 06 2000 04:01 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
Well...I hated being the only one who had an invalid entry , so I thought I needed some company and you were it...obviously this was a bad decision....boo hoo

You can have your points gtho4 !! lol

------------------
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!!

#61988 - Wed Sep 06 2000 07:22 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
ren32 Offline
Multiloquent

Well SAID George!!! I wasgoing to speak up for you then I knew you could do it!!! (but I would have eventually... honest!!)

------------------

#61989 - Wed Sep 06 2000 07:50 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

his next task, aunty ren, is to get a calculator and check his additions! lol

#61990 - Wed Sep 06 2000 11:03 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Had to go to traffic court and sit forever to handle a ticket - I'm back now - can I squeeze in please???
I'm so sorry - I'll try to get back on a tighter schedule!

------------------
Don't tease the alligator till you've crossed the bridge, and then only if you never have to cross that bridge again.

#61991 - Wed Sep 06 2000 01:16 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Partsdude Offline
Prolific

Loc: Michigan USA
I hope you beat the rap Mama!!

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#61992 - Wed Sep 06 2000 02:54 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
I'm so sorry GT. Maybe I should wear my glasses once in awhile. Thank you for being such a good sport about it. Please let me know when I can take this dunce cap off.

#61993 - Wed Sep 06 2000 03:15 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

No, Partsdude, didn't beat the rap, and had to pay the full fine - we all stood in line forever and decided which parts of the city hall we had paid for based on the tickets we got from the stormtroopers who have been trying to meet their quotas!
But on a good note, it reaffirmed why I don't do that for a living any more. Yech!!!

------------------
Don't tease the alligator till you've crossed the bridge, and then only if you never have to cross that bridge again.

#61994 - Wed Sep 06 2000 05:36 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

no worries JJ, Sypher went along with you too.
btw that thing on your head is not a cap, it's a crown, to match your sparkling personality and good looks (sometimes, that gets me lots of brownie points around home too!)

#61995 - Thu Sep 07 2000 06:35 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
ren32 Offline
Multiloquent

How does it go now???
Oh yes, I remember.....:
OOOPPPSS!!!!!

------------------

#61996 - Thu Sep 07 2000 08:51 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
val9000 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Louisville
Kentucky USA
(this message is duplicated in the 'urgent timeslot' thread)

ACK! Just got told I'll be out doing a meet and greet this evening and won't be able to post in my time-slot!
About the time I should be posting, we'll be giving one lucky person a ride in the heli. (Sorry... must be present to win!)

Would anyone mind if I post in between Smiley and UfasN8me2, from 13:00 to 13:30?

Valerie

#61997 - Thu Sep 07 2000 10:24 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

AHEM, MISS BAGLADY!!!! Just because I was late twice, does not mean I forfeited my time slot. So I come back, having researched my entry, only to find that you have posted something in my place. DA NOIVE OF SOME PEOPLE!!! (I am just kiddin, sweetheart, but my post will be a little late - found something and then realized it ended in a forbidden leter that I'd sooner avoid!)

[This message has been edited by Mamaja (edited 09-07-2000).]

#61998 - Thu Sep 07 2000 10:58 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
BagLady Offline
Prolific

Loc: Shangri-La USA
I'm sorry, Mama.......I knew I had a quick meeting at 11:00 this morning, so I posted a message in "Urgent Time Announcements" yesterday. I should have posted it in Snake Talk, too....maybe we have TOO many places to put messages! lol

BTW, if it'll make you feel any better, I really didn't want a "Y".....hope the letter I left you was better.

------------------
Women are like tea bags; put them in hot water and they get stronger.

[This message has been edited by BagLady (edited 09-07-2000).]

....[i]Thomas Szasz</I]

#61999 - Thu Sep 07 2000 11:48 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Absolutely not a problem. However, now that I waited, someone else posted the very entry I had been considering - and I haven't even thought about an "X" entry - ???
I usually check ten ways from Sunday to see who's posting early or late or whatever, but I didn't today - so, moving right along!!!

------------------

#62000 - Thu Sep 07 2000 12:03 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
val9000 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Louisville
Kentucky USA
Mama... does this mean you are posting in the 1:00 FT time timeslot?
I'm confused...

I've got an "x" if you can't find one... I posted in this thread and the Urgent thread, but no one acknowledged...

I'll wait till as close to 1:30 as I can for your reply... if you post, can I have the 1:30 to 2:00 slot?
Anyone?

#62001 - Thu Sep 07 2000 06:40 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Pinhead Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon...
Sorry Ren, I think your entry is a repeat of Fortunata's entry on Tuesday..

------------------
"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.".............
Dan Quayle

#62002 - Thu Sep 07 2000 08:03 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Pinhead Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon...

.............MOTH EXTERMINATOR

The lovers passionately embraced on her bed, their bodies fused together as they gyrated to their own tattoo.

The woman cocked her ear, "Quick! My husband's coming through the front door! Hide in the bathroom!" she cried.

The lover ran into the bathroom as she hid his clothes under the bed and as she turned back, her husband came through the bedroom door. "What are you doing lying on the bed naked?" he asked.

"Darling, I heard you coming up the drive and got ready to receive you," she replied with a knowing smile.

"Great," he said, "I'll just step into the bathroom and I'll be with you in two shakes." Before she could stop him, he was into the bathroom where he found a man clapping his hands together in mid-air.

"Who the devil are you!" the husband demanded.

"I'm from the exterminator company. Your wife called me in to get rid of these pesky moths," the lover replied.

"But.. but you've got no clothes on?" stammered the husband.

The lover looked down and jumped backwards in surprise and said, "The little b*stards!"

------------------
"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.".............
Dan Quayle

#62003 - Thu Sep 07 2000 10:55 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
BagLady Offline
Prolific

Loc: Shangri-La USA
Ah, Pindead......I'm really starting to love Thursdays, and what you'll come up with next! That was terrific!

BL

------------------
Women are like tea bags; put them in hot water and they get stronger.

....[i]Thomas Szasz</I]

#62004 - Fri Sep 08 2000 09:16 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Excellent, Pinhead. Love it!
Partsdude, baby, I knew nothing about anything with wings before last week, so I know I'm no expert, but isn't a tufted titmouse a bird? I thought I almost used it one day last week?

------------------

#62005 - Fri Sep 08 2000 09:39 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 39 - Watch out for that Net !!
Partsdude Offline
Prolific

Loc: Michigan USA
Duh!!!! Your absolutely right. This has been a hectic day so far. I must have been stuck in the bird mode. Well, this will just solidify my hold on last place!!

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002