Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62159 - Sat Sep 09 2000 07:05 AM Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
Well...A BIG congrats to gtho4 on a successful comeback...

By now you have all read what this week's topic is and I'm sure you are all going to have questions.

First of all....If I can't find the city when I check the distance I will use the country or a city nearby to your entry. Apart from that there are no favors !!

Oh....Before I forget...Let's give a BIG welcome back to Amlet !!

------------------
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!!

#62160 - Sat Sep 09 2000 08:53 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
ren32 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fanling Hong Kong
Well done George!!!Sypher, please remind me how I know a city is a city and not a town.Otherwise thank you for a nice clear explanation. I understood perfectly at the first reading!!

------------------

I had a boring office job—I cleaned the windows in the envelopes. —Rita Rudner

#62161 - Sat Sep 09 2000 12:42 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Great job George! Sypher, I WILL be playing this week since I have got back into my schedhule of waking up early in the morning. Great subject, too!

------------------
IndianPainter
Love Is Something Too Many People Look For Instead Of Giving

#62162 - Sat Sep 09 2000 08:25 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Sypher Offline

England UK    
City / Town.....not fussed....it is the distance that counts this time...

------------------
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!!

#62163 - Sun Sep 10 2000 02:57 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Caerr Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Huntly NZ
Well done gtho4!

------------------
We have learnt to fly the air like birds and swim the sea like fish,
but we have not learned the simple art of living together.

#62164 - Sun Sep 10 2000 04:09 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

wtg gtho4..great effort first up after a spell..gg to linkay49 and baglady also...ok now what constitutes a city, as opposed to a town...

#62165 - Sun Sep 10 2000 04:38 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
ren32 Offline
Multiloquent

Just cast your eyes upwards a little, Karma and you will get your answer.......

------------------

I had a boring office job—I cleaned the windows in the envelopes. —Rita Rudner

#62166 - Sun Sep 10 2000 05:11 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
thanks ya'all - kl, the horse I've got with 4 mates came back from a spell last week, and the mongrel ran 9th

gt
(fewer keystrokes, less chance of typos, hiya ren! and they're my initials anyway)

------------------
the Ford Falcon GT-HO Phase 4 is an oz car from the 70s that still howls

#62167 - Sun Sep 10 2000 06:28 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Caerr Offline
Mainstay

gtho4 the ford's might howl, but the holden's roar!!

------------------
We have learnt to fly the air like birds and swim the sea like fish,
but we have not learned the simple art of living together.

#62168 - Sun Sep 10 2000 07:11 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
heya! the GMH lion, nice one Caer
and before anyone jumps in ..
Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Rubbsih Dump

#62169 - Sun Sep 10 2000 11:59 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Good going, GT, and congratulations!

Ooooh, getting a headache already thinking about all that mileage...numbers have a way of driving me nuts! LOL And is there really any way to prepare for this week? Uh-oh...

[This message has been edited by Fortunata (edited 09-11-2000).]

#62170 - Mon Sep 11 2000 01:41 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Sypher Offline

England UK    
No, there is no way you can prepare for this week....Even if you had a list of 30 pointer cities....Whose to say that they are anywhere near the last entry...

Therefore everyone is in the same boat and it will be quite interesting !!

------------------

#62171 - Mon Sep 11 2000 03:06 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Amlet* Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: In the abyss trying to determi...
Sypher!! GOPT A PROBLEM. I may not be able to play on a couple of nights this week. At work my two fulltimers (actually 1 Fulltime other Part time) that I workl with are off!! one sick then going away for 4 weeks the other has just had a baby and returned to work and is only working 3 days per week. I will particpate when I can, but I have been flooded with work at the moment. I should get home in time though. I am just warning you!!

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/amlet4411

#62172 - Mon Sep 11 2000 03:25 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Sypher Offline

England UK    
You do know if you can't post in your time-slot you could ask to post at another time for that day and just ask the person you would be posting in front off to find out if it is alright !!

why not post now before Sage ?

------------------

#62173 - Mon Sep 11 2000 03:26 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

unable to post in my spot at 2:00 am - 2:30 am (FT TIme) as systems here at work down for the last three hours!!!...
Sypher, if I can be slotted in somewhere else today fine..if not then C'est La Vie....

#62174 - Mon Sep 11 2000 05:49 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
ren32 Offline
Multiloquent

Hi ... Not playing this week. Busy.

#62175 - Mon Sep 11 2000 06:06 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Sypher Offline

England UK    
Karma...just inform the person in front of when you are going to post and ask them.

------------------

#62176 - Mon Sep 11 2000 07:12 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Caerr Offline
Mainstay

Sorry gtho4 the FT clock is 10 minutes faster than by my clock.

#62177 - Mon Sep 11 2000 02:57 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
Congradulations gtho4. Sypher, I will not be able to play this week but I will back next week.

#62178 - Mon Sep 11 2000 03:21 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
val9000 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Louisville
Kentucky USA
Okay... here's a question:
Both of the people in front of me have posted that they will not be playing this week.
I don't see anywhere anyone asking to post in either of those slots...
Does this mean it is okay for me to post early or do I need to go ahead and wait?
Just wondering...

#62179 - Mon Sep 11 2000 04:12 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Pinhead Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon...
Hi Val, I think it's safe to say, go ahead and post early. That's if no one asks for an empty slot. But today, I think Baglady might post in Sue's spot.

Congratulations G4!!

------------------
"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.".............
Dan Quayle

#62180 - Mon Sep 11 2000 07:30 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Sypher~ I´m having major problems with my Windows, so I didn´t have enough time to include the mileage in my post. If it´s o.k., I´m putting it here.
My entry was Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Canada (the official name for the town of Valleyfield)...unfortunately, the search I´ve been doing to get the miles to it from Pinhead´s city has turned up nothing. Since Montreal is close to my city, I did the search using that and found that it´s only 957 miles, so Salaberry-de-Valleyfield should not be that much farther. In any case, it´s well within the 6000-mile limit! LOL

Sorry for any confusion.

#62181 - Mon Sep 11 2000 07:48 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
BagLady Offline
Prolific

Loc: Shangri-La USA
Hi Sypher....We just got back from our trip about an hour ago, and I'd like to post after BoyScout if that's o.k. Thanks.

BL

------------------
Women are like tea bags; put them in hot water and they get stronger.

....[i]Thomas Szasz</I]

#62182 - Tue Sep 12 2000 01:02 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Nice entry today, GT!

Hey Snakeman (sounds like an X-Men character), do we absolutely have to include the mileage? Because as some of us found out, it´s impossible to find the distance to/from some of these places (as the crow flies). Can we just give an educated estimate at best?

#62183 - Tue Sep 12 2000 05:36 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 40 - As the Crow Flies !!
Sypher Offline

England UK    
I did mention that if I can't find the town I would go via the nearest town or even country....depending if the country isn't too big.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002