Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#631962 - Mon Jun 06 2011 06:57 AM Category name: Campaigns and Elections
lorance79 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Canberra A.C.T. Australia     
This category came up in the Who's the Expert game recently. Every single question was about US elections, as has been the case every other time the category came up that I could remember.

I know the questions are heavily US-based because we have so many American contributors, so I thought I'd write a few quizzes about campaigns and elections in other countries to expand the question pool, since it's a topic I like.

However, when I looked for the place to put new quizzes, I found that "campaigns and elections" is a subcategory of US Government. So it's not possible to write questions for this category except for US elections.

Ideally I'd like there to be a global "campaigns and elections" category but I assume moving the topic out from under US Government is too hard. If that's the case, could the category at least be renamed "US campaigns and elections" so that we know what to expect when it comes up?

Thanks.

lorance79

#631967 - Mon Jun 06 2011 07:45 AM Re: Category name: Campaigns and Elections [Re: lorance79]
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Lorance79 you have already posted this (word for word, or very nearly) in the 'questions and answers' section, and have been given various replies. I'm not sure why you have raised it again in this section.

#631968 - Mon Jun 06 2011 07:52 AM Re: Category name: Campaigns and Elections [Re: rossian]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
This isn't the forum for it anyway so it is being moved.

#632238 - Mon Jun 06 2011 11:52 PM Re: Category name: Campaigns and Elections [Re: sue943]
lorance79 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Canberra A.C.T. Australia     
@rossian

I've been having problems with the forum login for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to see the boards properly. I couldn't see my earlier question on the board I posted it, so I assumed it hadn't submitted correctly. That's why I raised it again. Now that I know it exists elsewhere I'll go hunt it down.

If someone can close this thread that would be grand.

Edited by lorance79 (Tue Jun 07 2011 12:02 AM)

Moderator:  agony