Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 68 of 100 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 99 100 >
Topic Options
#1019086 - Mon Nov 04 2013 07:23 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
" I went and played the new crossword of the week and won the mini-badge, but I think those who had 4 of 5 last night, and gained the final part, and subsequently lost the other at the same time should get credit for the badge. "

Terry edit:

oops wasn't paying attention and edited this post instead of quoting it.

It would be nice in theory, but the system has no record of last week's plays. Players can play the new CW though to get their final credit. They better do it fast though, as credit will stop this evening.

Edited by Terry (Mon Nov 04 2013 12:09 PM)

#1019117 - Mon Nov 04 2013 12:05 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Yep, I'll close it this evening.

#1019131 - Mon Nov 04 2013 12:23 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
All: Remember to not post too much public info about the tasks until it's officially closed.

#1019174 - Tue Nov 05 2013 12:28 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mesa AZ
The announcement between the Quizzes box and the Daily Games/Hourly Games box could be removed now.

"This week only! Work with members of your team to solve our special Halloween Challenge."

#1019187 - Tue Nov 05 2013 02:23 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
For those still wondering, here are the official requirements of the challenge:

Jack o'lantern: Play this quiz which conveniently went online during the first hours of the week. Score didn't matter.
Devil: Score exactly 666 in quiz game mode on any quiz of your choice. This could be a mixed homepage quiz as well.
Grave with cross: Play the crossword of the week. It happened to be this one - unless you played very early when it was a randomly chosen Sci/Tech game.
Ghost: Send any player a PM with "Boo" in the subject or body of the message.
Zombie: Earn at least one brain during the week (i.e. be among the top 500 scorers on one of the days).

#1019201 - Tue Nov 05 2013 03:42 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
The only problem with scoring 666 in one of the mixed quizzes is that they fall off the system, as I discovered when I went to claim my badgelet! And I got the Sci/Tech crossword as well. Sometimes, patience pays off.

#1019229 - Tue Nov 05 2013 06:01 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Terry-- please check your messages regarding a badgelet issue! smile

#1019258 - Tue Nov 05 2013 09:53 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: ssabreman]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: ssabreman
The announcement between the Quizzes box and the Daily Games/Hourly Games box could be removed now.

"This week only! Work with members of your team to solve our special Halloween Challenge."

thanks, had forgotten about that!

#1019846 - Fri Nov 08 2013 02:40 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Some people have suggested a minibadge for certain sets of expert categories won -- I'd like to suggest that this is done as an alphabetical challenge, for winning at least one category starting with every letter of the alphabet. (This assumes that there is a selectable Y category though; I can't think of one offhand.)

#1019847 - Fri Nov 08 2013 02:47 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
There's Yemen in Geography, though I don't know if it ever turns up as an expert category.

#1019852 - Fri Nov 08 2013 04:14 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I know there was mention of something along the lines of a badge in relation to specialized expert categories.
Maybe something like winning a number (15 or 20 or something along those lines) of specialized expert categories. Or maybe a combination: something like 150 categories with 20 of them being specialized categories.

#1019860 - Fri Nov 08 2013 05:39 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Yeah, I'd like to expand expert to at least another mini or maybe two.

#1019864 - Fri Nov 08 2013 06:11 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
MiraJane Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Maybe a badge for a certain number of Championship wins?

And to change the subject from badge/lets to Championship Expert wins ... Is there any way that they can listed separately in a person's profile and the original info on the subject win not disappear?

#1019985 - Sat Nov 09 2013 11:13 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
We have a badgelet of honor for reaching level 100 -- how about one for reaching level 150?

#1020519 - Tue Nov 12 2013 09:20 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Good idea for Championship wins to be rewarded but they are out of my league (like the new Global badges) - I hope new badges/minis for the expert game might also include something for the likes of me. smile

#1020538 - Tue Nov 12 2013 11:29 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Perth Western Australia       
I have no hope of any of the new Global badges.

I find it amazing that I've asked a few times for a type of 'endurance' global game where you get a badge for playing in every set of a challenge but get knocked back because people say it's too hard - it may be hard but it's doable by anyone who wants to put the effort in unlike the new 'top score' games which are impossible for most people that I know off.

Anything that requires any level of endurance or 'number of plays' no matter how hard are still in the realms of possibility for anyone.

#1020541 - Tue Nov 12 2013 11:43 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Anything that requires any level of endurance or 'number of plays' no matter how hard are still in the realms of possibility for anyone.

My only concern with the endurance ones is the tedium. I'm playing every daily every day-- it'll still be over a year before I get my Who Am I Mastery? badge, and because I don't really like that game I've always considered it a daily chore.

A lot of online role-playing games have dailies as well, completed by a niche fanbase looking for justified rewards at the end. Of course, due to constant reinvention and expansion, those rewards are usually trumped by bigger, better things which always made me ponder the 'why?' of the whole thing.

FunTrivia's not really like that. We don't retire too many badges; you play, as normal, and win. The thing with the dailies, however, is that I don't feel I have a choice but to play certain games I don't care for (WAI being my main example, but some days that Pot of Gold irks me) making it more of an obligation to get my badge. I understand the point of 'if you don't want to do it, don't do it', but the badge is, fortunately, more of a draw.

I played GC and got those badges (which, haha, I have to revisit to get the new badgelets); I've given up completely on Word Marathon; I've grown to loathe that Crystal Ball. I am waaaay more in favour of rewards that don't come from playing and playing and playing every. single. day. for years. It's a feat to say you've done it, sure, but surely we can think of more options than simply sticking with a game for a long time to signify 'trivia prowess'.

#1020543 - Tue Nov 12 2013 12:57 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
wwe84 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hill Top NSW Australia     0 
Can there be a badge if you reach 500 days or 1000 days on The Bus Ride i play The Bus Ride every day & i'm up to 483 days after been playing for the last 3 & half years

#1020587 - Tue Nov 12 2013 06:04 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: NYC New York USA              
So as of today, an accepted single question of mine has been in the queue for two months. I'm not one to complain about wait times, but clearly, something needs to be done to increase the number of New Game Question plays!

I put forward two ideas a couple weeks back on this thread that seemed to get a lot of support:

1. A Level Perk which allows you to play one more New Question game every week, similar to the Monster Quiz level perk

2. Adding the New Question Game to the Games dropdown menu at the top of every FunTrivia page
(this second one is actually more of a bug that needs to be fixed than a suggestion....)

Now, I'm of the mindset that the best way to get more NQG plays is to give the game another badge, or at least minibadge (my ideas were: 1. A badge for the winner across all sets, 2. A badge for having rated some higher amount of questions, maybe 5000, and 3. A monthly badge, similar to the hourlies) but that's just me.
Its true that some of Winston Churchill's actions were praiseworthy. But personally, his treatment of India during and before WWII will always make me think of him primarily as an evil, powerhungry, racist murderer.

#1020588 - Tue Nov 12 2013 06:41 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: portgleep]
CmdrK Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Nevada USA
Earlier this year, in some thread (maybe this one), I believe Terry said he was going to recycle some old questions that hadn't gotten many plays because we were running out of questions by current members. I've got questions that have been in the queue for several weeks but I see questions in the game by people who don't come around FT anymore, including a teammate of mine who hasn't signed on since Dec., 2012. Maybe it's time to close off the old questions.

#1020617 - Tue Nov 12 2013 11:51 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

I'm not so much talking about the ones that take years (although they are at least still attainable) but ones like the playing every set of the GC which would be a commitment of about 4 months and something for those of us that like to play it to aim for - I love playing the GC but I have Immortal and Hardcore and no hope of the new ones.

I guess that's what irks me - the idea of getting a badge for playing every set is shot down as 'way too hard' but then we get new ones which only the usual elite are going to get and that's considered okay.

P.S. Don't get me started on the Crystal Ball - how that got another badge when it has nothing to do with trivia I have no idea LOL

#1020618 - Tue Nov 12 2013 11:55 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: portgleep]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Something has to be done about the NQ game, it takes so long to get them played that I cant be bothered writing them anymore - I've had the daily challenge to write them for the last two days and actually not bothered (and I play all of them everyday usually)

I'm getting questions that I know are recycled from months ago (which I've already rated) while people have questions sitting in the queue for months waiting to be played.

#1020619 - Wed Nov 13 2013 12:02 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Midget40]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Midget40
Something has to be done about the NQ game, it takes so long to get them played that I cant be bothered writing them anymore - I've had the daily challenge to write them for the last two days and actually not bothered (and I play all of them everyday usually)

I'm getting questions that I know are recycled from months ago (which I've already rated) while people have questions sitting in the queue for months waiting to be played.

Hmm looks like there was a slight bug in there that was causing old questions to recycle and new ones to not go in. I've fixed that, and done a full flush of the question sets, so all questions in there starting today should be 100% new. I'll put it on a fairly quick rotation so that we get through the backlog in good time.

#1020658 - Wed Nov 13 2013 05:22 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks Terry.

That'll be great

#1020971 - Thu Nov 14 2013 09:10 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: NYC New York USA              
Terry, what do you think of my two suggestions earlier? (Adding the NQ game to the Games dropdown menu and having a Level Perk for another New Question game each week)
Its true that some of Winston Churchill's actions were praiseworthy. But personally, his treatment of India during and before WWII will always make me think of him primarily as an evil, powerhungry, racist murderer.

Page 68 of 100 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 99 100 >

Moderator:  Terry