Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 105 < 1 2 3 4 ... 104 105 >
Topic Options
#639042 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:13 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: postcards2go]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Not even I have the first badge there yet. wink

#639043 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:20 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: postcards2go]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
I have an idea for a game. I don't know if it's feasible but here goes. It would involve a lot of writing as I don't think you couldn't the current quizzes. New quizzes in this format would have to be written but the II could be eliminated and therefore cut down on the time. I'd call the game “Countdown”. There are ten clues given one by one and in flash format it would be fine as you couldn't go back to the first clue after you've already bypassed it.

There would be 10 questions. Answer correctly on the first question and get maximum pts. Answer correctly on the 2nd q and receive 90% of the pts and so on. If you fluke the answer on the first go, bravo to you! The subject could be almost anything – people, plants, animals, minerals, rivers, mountains, mountain ranges, tv shows, movies. I'd limit the animal and plant answers to a generic answer such as “sheep” or “rose” rather than “merino” or “Peace”. It would be possible to write more than one quiz on each subject. It could be timed or untimed. Not everyone would like this game as there would be times when you'd score NO pts. Hey, it's only a game and no one lives or dies by the number of points you score. I'd get a laugh from scoring zero as I know I would on a few subjects. I'd arrange the questions from hardest to easiest of course.

Here's an example with the question first and the guessed answer in inverted commas.

I am a country in the northern hemisphere. "Canada"
My national holiday is celebrated in July. "USA"
My area is 551,500 square km with another 92,000 sq kms in overseas territories. "Spain"
My population was 62 million in 2009 "Germany"
I am a republic "Portugal"
My dominant religion is catholicism "Mexico"
I am divided into departments "Switzerland"
One of my major rivers is the lorraine. “Belgium”
My tallest mountain is mont blanc. “Italy”
Paris is my capital. “France”

Bingo.. I get 10% of the available pts (and time bonues or how ever it would be arranged). If I had answered “France” on the 3rd guess I'd get 80% of the points.

Well, that's one idea that I had to get out of my head. I've been longing to mention this for months and now seems like the time. I don't know if anyone else likes it but I feel better for mentioning it. Cheers wink

Wes, love the idea for team contribution in the daily games too as I play most if not all the games laugh

#639044 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:35 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Tizzabelle]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Wes's idea for the team games is a very good one! smile

#639046 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:42 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: reeshy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Great job again as usual on the descriptions Wesley smile

The team game badges are an interesting idea. The big problem (and it's a pretty big one) is that such cumulative data simply isn't being stored, and I'm not really sure I want to go to the effort to store cumulative data like that and cycle it out and keep it trimmed down, etc etc all for a couple of badges. So, I think this one probably won't go anywhere for now.

#639048 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:54 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York City
Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
Not even I have the first badge there yet. wink

That says a lot, Kyle. What hope is there for the rest of us? grin

#639049 - Tue Jul 05 2011 05:02 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: postcards2go]
Forum Champion

I usually find that my ideas flesh out into quizzes more often than not. I'm tryin' though. It takes a certain type of question to meet these criteria, but once you lock into it it's not that bad. wink
The only way to get it is to try.

#639058 - Tue Jul 05 2011 06:00 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York City
I know... I should at least *try*. tongue

#639077 - Tue Jul 05 2011 09:27 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: postcards2go]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Yippee! And I'm on vacation. What a great gift.

#639089 - Wed Jul 06 2011 12:21 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: shuehorn]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
As Wesley has mentioned that the badge for Word Alchemy has already been used may I suggest maybe a test tube or two pouring out liquid and forming letters.

#639090 - Wed Jul 06 2011 01:17 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Starlord]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I notice a change of values in the Question Quests. The original badge is for 55-95% correct while Question Quest Challenge II cites a range of 55-90% (Difference is in the top end figures). Is that change intended or a typo?

In checking this data, I found that the blurbs on the challenge pages say 90% for both levels. The header in the single question home page says 95%. Why isn't even topped out at 100%? If someone gets a 97% correct response to a question, isn't that a good question, worthy of consideration?

Edited by mehaul (Wed Jul 06 2011 01:26 AM)

#639091 - Wed Jul 06 2011 01:27 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: mehaul]
Forum Champion

I figure if it's between 95%-100%, it's way too obvious to be posting in the first place; no need to have a giveaway answer.

#639093 - Wed Jul 06 2011 01:41 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
The funny thing is that I can look at a question with 24% correct and one with 97% correct, and not be able to figure out why the success rates are so different. It's what makes this a real challenge!

#639100 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:35 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: looney_tunes]
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
Can I just stick my head up and *cough*invertebrates*cough* ask Terry if he will PLEASE consider doing the "thingy" for the quizzes in the new badgelets (and existing ones) that he did for the Bus Ride quizzes, to stop them taking a dive in the ratings? I know I've harped on about it, but I have tried to be good and not mentioned it for quite a while now, and well, while you're down in the Badge Vault in your hard hat and overalls Terry... laugh pretty please with a pillow made of lucky ducky feathers on top? laugh

#639101 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:44 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Kyle, the challenge page blurbs say 90% in both cases, not the 95% of the Single Question submission page. I've always believed it to be and your reply seems to agree with 95% also. I only said 97% to get above talking about a response of 93% which brings up a different debate: What have the previous badges been issued for? Have Single Questions with 94% correct not been accepted?

#639102 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:56 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: mehaul]
Forum Champion

To my knowledge it reaches the 95% and counts.

#639110 - Wed Jul 06 2011 05:24 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
fredsixties Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Staten Island
New York USA 
I would like to some more monthly badges

#639112 - Wed Jul 06 2011 05:33 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Dagny1]
Creedy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Coffs Harbour NSW Australia  
Well I found all these today and have picked up a couple of those mini ones - great fun!

Is the Setlist Badge one of those tricky ones where you have to work out clues? I have a sinking feeling it is. I did the first five sets and nothing happened (said the actress to the bishop)

#639130 - Wed Jul 06 2011 08:23 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Creedy]
rossian Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
It's just numbers, Creedy. You have to take 45/50 of the quizzes on the lists, but first you have to find them.

P.S. I took part in the challenge, and I still struggled to find them all. If I'd known a badge would be involved I'd have taken them all as they came on line!

Edited by rossian (Wed Jul 06 2011 08:24 AM)

#639132 - Wed Jul 06 2011 08:37 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: rossian]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Quote:
I'd have taken them all as they came on line!

Different badgelet, but that's how I've managed to get the Picture It one so quickly. I'd already played most of the ones needed to qualify, as they came online.

#639133 - Wed Jul 06 2011 08:42 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: spanishliz]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

I haven't even started looking yet. That is tomorrow's job.

#639136 - Wed Jul 06 2011 09:29 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: spanishliz]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Originally Posted By: spanishliz
Quote:
I'd have taken them all as they came on line!

Different badgelet, but that's how I've managed to get the Picture It one so quickly. I'd already played most of the ones needed to qualify, as they came online.

spanishliz, that's what I'm finding with the photo one as well. I've taken a bunch of them, so it will be easier to earn.

Sue

#639137 - Wed Jul 06 2011 09:34 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: postcards2go]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Continuing on from the Word Alchemy theme, my next suggestion for a mini word wizard badge is the Word Safari badge here you have to visit the various continents collecting animals as you go. Here is the list: -

Africa - Zebra
North America - Moose
Central America - Sloth
South America - Llama
Asia - Tiger
Australia - Dingo
Europe - Otter

This is somewhat harder than the previous Alchemy challenge so might justify a full badge if accepted.

#639138 - Wed Jul 06 2011 09:53 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Starlord]
surdoux Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Nottinghamshire England UK    
I cant believe I'm actually praying for a 'Z'

#639140 - Wed Jul 06 2011 10:10 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: surdoux]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
That's enough for Word Wizard right now.

Any other games that are badly in need of some new milestones or mini challenges?

I think we could certainly use some in some of the GM specific games like the geo game.

#639141 - Wed Jul 06 2011 10:16 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Matthew_07 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Malaysia
A series of quiz similar to the Pot of Gold game? Pot of Gold offers 7 badgelets and 1 badge. Perhaps something similar can be done for each of the 7 continents and then 1 badge for it?

Page 2 of 105 < 1 2 3 4 ... 104 105 >

Moderator:  Terry