Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 ... 87 88 >
Topic Options
#639001 - Tue Jul 05 2011 12:45 PM New round of badge additions!
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Hope you all had a good July 4th / Canada Day / weekend etc smile

Are you still around Wes?

I'll be adding some new badges and badglets over the next few days.

Added: "Party"

A simple little minibadge scavenger hunt, from one of our author challenges.

#639002 - Tue Jul 05 2011 12:57 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Looks like fun, but there's a bit of confusion as to whether one has to complete 10 or 11 of the listed quizzes.

Quote:
Requirements:

Awarded to a player who completes 10 of the following quizzes, all related to parties.

Progress..

Play 11 of the following 13 quizzes:

#639003 - Tue Jul 05 2011 12:59 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: spanishliz]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
I noticed that as well, Liz. Although, I haven't played any of them as of yet!

#639004 - Tue Jul 05 2011 01:02 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: dg_dave]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Fixed, it's 10.

Also added "Picture It": our first photo quiz badgelet!

#639009 - Tue Jul 05 2011 01:27 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Added mini-challenge "Word Alchemy" -- as suggested by Starlord.

#639011 - Tue Jul 05 2011 01:51 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Added badge "Word Marathon" -- for 5000 points in the WW mini game.

#639017 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:09 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
Yippee! More badgelets for me laugh I love having something to work for on FT and badges do it for me.. in part at least. I have three major goals here to achieve by Christmas *fingers crossed* and then I'll have to set myself new ones. These badgelets will be a nice way to help me get to at least one of those goals. smile

#639018 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:13 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Tizzabelle]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Yay, this is great news! I'm excited to have a go at them smile

#639019 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:31 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: reeshy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Added "The Great Setlist Hunt", which incorporates the Author's Lounge entire "setlist" set of challenges. This one is a regular badge due to its size!

#639021 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:42 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama USA
Hooray! Thank you, Terry! Another Bee and I were just wondering what to do. Problem solved.

#639022 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:49 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Dagny1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Lots of work to do smile

#639023 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:51 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Dagny1]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
Just a minor point, but in the badgelets section of the team info for both the Picture It and Party badgelets, it refers to completing some of the 'following quizzes', but of course, there is no following list. The same applies when you hover over the badgelets on the profile page.

#639024 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:58 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: dippo]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Added "Question Quest Challenge II", which I've been meaning to add for a while:

Awarded to a player who creates 100 rated question quest questions that were rated 0.2 or better in the New Question game and where 55% to 90% of players answered correctly. We can use these questions in many hourly/daily games and thus those few authors able to write these questions deserve special recognition!

#639025 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:00 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Yikeses! Yes, more than one Yikes :)))

#639026 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:06 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
surdoux Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Nottinghamshire England UK    
It's like waiting for a bus. You stand there for ages and then they all come at once and unfortunately you can't catch them all at the same time.

#639027 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:07 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: surdoux]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

When he's getting started, there's no stopping. More levels, more badges, more fun!

#639029 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:19 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

I'm done for today, but I'll get back at it tomorrow smile

Are there any important additions that I'm missing?

I'd like to add some new... innovative... challenges.

In particular, I'd like to add some new challenges around the new timed flash interface, because it gives us an interesting way of tracking scores now.

#639030 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:35 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Well, I'd definitely like to see a "990" challenge (playing any one Flash robot game with a 990 or higher score). Emerald Badgelet (worth 990 pts, not the usual 250)

Next, "24 carat Sterling" would be a good one - play 24 Flash games with scores of 925 or higher. Could be a full one at Sapphire if it has to be done in a day (my preference), otherwise a Garnet badgelet.

Along a different line, I'd like to propose "Overachiever" - meeting the score for any five different achievement badges in half the listed time (e.g. 20 secs for easy, 150 for mind melt, etc.) . Probably a level badge for the 50s or 75s.

Plus, a repost from an older thread:

TEAM CONTRIBUTOR - Topaz badgelet

Awarded to a player who has posted at least one qualifying top 200 score in at least seven of the nine games providing these scores.

(Note: I made this 7 of 9 so that non-GMs can get it as well since World and Pot of Gold are not accessible to them.)

TEAM REGULAR - Sapphire badge

Awarded to a player who, over the course of one calendar month, has posted at least 100 qualifying top 200 scores over the nine games.

(Note: This evaluates to just over 3 per day. Since several of these games rarely fill up their lists, this shouldn't be that difficult to do if you put in the time to play 4-5 games each day.)

TEAM LEGEND - Level 125 badge

Awarded to a player who, over the course of one calendar month, has obtained at least 25,000 total points for their top 200 rankings in the nine games.

(Note: This works out to an average of just under 100 points if you play all nine games every day. You need some consistently good scores for this and while you can technically get it as a non-GM, it'll be very difficult, requiring a 130 point average, with only seven games available)

#639031 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:37 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
How about a badgelet for heading a team quiz? We currently have no challenges towards team quiz-writing in any aspect.

#639035 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:53 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Kyle, I'd rather see this for contributing 2 questions to a team quiz - otherwise larger teams might get into major fights for who is allowed to head.

Since this would be only a badgelet, it probably wouldn't be too abusable to let a quiz leader compile and submit the contributor list along with the quiz - the editor putting the quiz online would always be able to see it and make sure there's no obvious discrepancy.

#639037 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:55 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Terry - there's an image problem with "Word Alchemy". That icon has already been used for Achievement: Mixed game.

#639038 - Tue Jul 05 2011 03:55 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Will there be any new challenges for non-Gold Members?

#639039 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:07 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: postcards2go]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Right now, Question Quest Challenge 2 is open to everyone. I am sure there will be some more.

#639040 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:11 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Well, I don't mind the idea of a badgelet for heading a team quiz. And while there may be some major scrambling in the beginning to get it, I can't see anyone from the same team actually "fighting" about it lol. And it will probably encourage more team quiz writing (just imagine if you have 50 members on your team and every one of them wants the badgelet.. that's got to be a good thing in the long run!)

I am sure that most team quizzes do rather well in the ratings game, but in case one didn't, a badgelet might help take the "sting" out of the "struggle". But otherwise, the "leader" is (sort of) getting a small reward anyway, since essentially the quiz, the points and the ratings all belong to him/her and not actually the team members who contributed.

I LOVE the idea of some sort of reward for contributors, too - since sometimes folks will say they're all for a certain topic and then the leader ends up writing half the questions themselves, or alternatively, that the quiz takes several months to be completed.

I'm guessing that the team quiz template would have to be revised somehow (?) to give the ability to insert usernames so that the badgelet gets awarded. But perhaps some sort of ongoing POINT reward system would be even better than a badgelet? Sure, folks will want to contribute at first to get it, but what about after they already have it? And if the template was to be revised anyway...

I honestly don't know how it would work, or how hard it would be to set up, but if it can be, I think it would be a very positive thing in getting more folks to participate in getting more great quizzes out there to play.

#639041 - Tue Jul 05 2011 04:12 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Thanks, Wes. I didn't notice that one, since I've only written 3 questions LOL

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 ... 87 88 >

Moderator:  Terry