Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 121 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 120 121 >
Topic Options
#639142 - Wed Jul 06 2011 10:18 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
More hidden types of badgelets.

Have the badgelet randomly appear if certain tough but not impossible criterias are met somewhere on the page when checking how one did on the quiz. Or even have it be totally random for the badgelet to show up once an hour or something. So people would always have to keep their eyes open.

Maybe even have it hidden in the pull down of the ratings menu. Excellent, Good, BADGE, Average etc.

#639144 - Wed Jul 06 2011 10:20 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: BxBarracuda]
Matthew_07 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Malaysia
I would like to see some Monster Quiz badgelets. I have got both Monster badges, so it would be fun to add something new to the Monster Quiz.

#639149 - Wed Jul 06 2011 11:34 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Terry

Any other games that are badly in need of some new milestones or mini challenges?

Well, since you asked, maybe now is a good time to request the milestone badges that I've mentioned before.
Brains - 20 000 or 25 000 would be a good idea. Monster Quiz of 20 000 may be another badge for the old-timers.

Edited by ssabreman (Wed Jul 06 2011 11:35 AM)

#639151 - Wed Jul 06 2011 11:49 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: ssabreman]
flopsymopsy Offline

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I've asked for this before (can't blame me for trying) but could the World (Geo) Quiz have a badge for the overall winner on any given day? The Daily Game has one so it would make a nice set. smile

#639152 - Wed Jul 06 2011 11:59 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: flopsymopsy]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Terry, check your mailbox when you get a chance- I have a badgelet idea I'd rather not divulge on the boards. wink

#639154 - Wed Jul 06 2011 12:09 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Added "Quick Quiz", a mini-badge for our newbies!

#639156 - Wed Jul 06 2011 12:32 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
flopsymopsy Offline

Terry, when you've got a minute could you tidy up the Profile code? My badgelets are about to fall off the edge, lol.

#639157 - Wed Jul 06 2011 01:01 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: flopsymopsy]
mutchisman Offline
Explorer

Loc: Birmingham UK
Agree with Flopsy about a badge for the overall daily winner in the World Game (although I'm pretty sure I've never finished top overall).

Say Flopsy if you're running out of space for your badgelets I could let you rent some of my space for a peppercorn rent - lets say a one off payment of your duck, I will look after it, promise...

#639161 - Wed Jul 06 2011 01:29 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: mutchisman]
AlexxSchneider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Perth Scotland UK             
I agree with Flopsy about the overall World Game winner badge too.

#639162 - Wed Jul 06 2011 01:37 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: AlexxSchneider]
flopsymopsy Offline

My Duck is under lock and key! Perhaps we should have a duckling badgelet for a challenge on bird quizzes, you should get that easily, Mutchisman, given that you wrote most of them. wink

#639168 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:02 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: flopsymopsy]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Well, if we are throwing out ultimate wish list items, I would love to see FMI included as a team scoring game. I see it in the same category as Piece of Cake -- it has an added element not strictly trivia (with typing required versus pure speed), yet for some reason is not incuded with the other games.

#639170 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:03 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: flopsymopsy]
surdoux Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Nottinghamshire England UK    
I think that I should be given Flopsy's duck, as it is obviously being kept under duress, but perhaps there could be a swan badge given perhaps once a week or month - just a bit harder to obtain than a mere duck.

#639172 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:09 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: surdoux]
mutchisman Offline
Explorer

Loc: Birmingham UK
"I think that I should be given Flopsy's duck, as it is obviously being kept under duress,"

Oi! Get in the queue

I like your badge idea though - nice swan (sorry couldn't resist)

#639173 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:17 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: mutchisman]
flopsymopsy Offline

My duck is in a nice airy field, with a lovely pond, plenty of duckweed, and a good supply of yesterday's bread... however, the gate is kept firmly locked because there are more duck thieves on Funtrivia than I can shake a feather at. tongue

My profile is very tidy now, thank you Terry. smile

#639174 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:22 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: flopsymopsy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Added "Author Challenges" badge, for those who author 10 authors challenges. Available to all players.

#639177 - Wed Jul 06 2011 02:27 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Originally Posted By: Terry
Added "Author Challenges" badge, for those who author 10 authors challenges. Available to all players.

Love it! smile

#639185 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:06 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Love the new additions, managed to pick up two already, but plenty more to go.
Maybe we could have a dog badgelet, as we already have one for cats.

#639187 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:15 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: szabs]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

We're waiting on one more Dog quiz for the set to be complete and I've been told it'll be in the queue tonight. smile

#639188 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:17 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: rossian]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I love it when my diligent playing of all the quizzes in the Author Lounge challenges as they come online pays off - I only had to retake a couple on which I had scored too low to count. laugh

Since the link quizzes give both the title and the author of the relevant quiz, you should be able to find them after carefully reading the extra information, and searching either by title or by author. Not fast, but it took me over a year to get them one at a time as they came on!

#639189 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:20 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
The new question Quest Author Badge blurb contradicts this offering from the Question status page. Here, it even cites 60% as the low end %correct level to get the badgelet.

"Recently Rated in the New Question Game

This chart displays questions of yours that have appeared in the New Question game. It details how difficult your question is, how many times it has been played, and how players rated it on the question, "is this a good / interesting question?"
Note that this page is constantly updating as more players play. Results are fairly meaningless until over 50 players have played.

Difficulty: Our goal difficulty rating is 60 to 95% correctness. User Rating: Numbers above 0 indicate more people rated it "good" than "poor". A score of "0" represents equal good and poors. The higher the number, the greater the goodness."

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#639192 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:25 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: looney_tunes]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

LT: Actually, the setlist quizzes only mention the person who originally submitted the title in their info sections. You'd need to do extra digging to find out who actually wrote the quizzes. wink

#639195 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:34 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Now that we have the author challenges, why not also one for doing 10 commissions ? smile

Edit: And yes, I'll get to work soon. Just let me at least sit down first... just been to a Women's World Cup game.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Wed Jul 06 2011 03:35 PM)

#639197 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:37 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:
why not also one for doing 10 commissions

Rest assured, I've been badgering Terry for a Commission badge(let) for over a year. The thing is, there's no designation built into the system for them- I'd be assigning them manually (not that I mind). Ah well, always a hope. wink

#639198 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:44 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Quote:
...just been to a Women's World Cup game.

I'm jealous! Now get writing smile

#639199 - Wed Jul 06 2011 03:45 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Finding the setlist quizzes I hadn't already taken was a challenge, not to mention that SOME people had written video games quizzes (you know who you are). It has prompted me to try and make sure I take all the quizzes I can as they arrive on the lists in the Author Lounge.

Page 3 of 121 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 120 121 >

Moderator:  Terry