Rules
Terms of Use

Page 58 of 121 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 120 121 >
Topic Options
#1007336 - Wed Aug 28 2013 03:00 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
I like that one, Chavs, and am glad that there is only one partridge! smile

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#1008480 - Tue Sep 03 2013 02:59 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
I have an idea for a new badge, one for regular players, not just gold members. How about a Decathlete badge, for the best combined score on the day from the following games:

Hourlies: Smartest, Mixed, Cake, Word Wizard, Fill Me In

Dailies: Daily, Mind Melt, New Question, Who Am I, Team Heroes

It would have to take the highest score on the day from the hourlies, but the Team Scores system does that already, so it should be available. Each person only gets one score a day on the others. Combine all 10 as is or divide Daily by 2, Mind Melt by 3, etc., to get scores less than 1,000 for each game and then combine them.

Since only one person a day could get the badge, this would be TOUGH.

#1011109 - Wed Sep 18 2013 04:59 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: kyleisalive]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
300 seems so soon after 200. Maybe a mega at 1000 each. Most regulars can get 300 in jut over (or under) a year depending. The other megas take longer.

300 is soon. I have 258 (I think) on Easy, yet haven't broke 200 yet on Medium or Difficult. Though I'm close on Medium.

-Nam

#1011110 - Wed Sep 18 2013 05:03 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: salami_swami]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Originally Posted By: eyhung
Hear hear. Nothing sucks more to get a triple flag again (which has happened to me twice).

At least you're getting epics. wink I'd rather get a third flag again than nothing. :P

I'd rather get a 3rd flag.

wink

-Nam

#1012301 - Wed Sep 25 2013 11:19 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Well our next round of additions is fast approaching. Feel free to post your favorites, and starting in a week and a half from now we'll get underway with some new badges and minis.

Edited by Terry (Wed Sep 25 2013 11:19 AM)

#1012304 - Wed Sep 25 2013 11:28 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Might I ask for a set of 6 new level challenges, one for each tier? I'll come up with some ideas if that's a go.

#1012307 - Wed Sep 25 2013 11:40 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Sure, sounds like a good idea to me.

We can make them a little more visible too -- let people know what new things await them if only they get those 3 extra levels...

#1012313 - Wed Sep 25 2013 11:59 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
I admit to not having read the previous 48 pages so I'm sure these may have come up previously:

1. Another badge or even Champion badge for getting more than 25 correct In The Crystal Ball.
100? 250? 500? Big flashing dictionary for Hurricane Bill? Whatever number others think is the best.

2. A badglet or badge for being #1 in the Team vs. Team game after.. 10? 25? times.

3. Being the team Hero for a certain number of times. Ether among the heroes or, again, #1.

#1012321 - Wed Sep 25 2013 12:28 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
An idea...

Any badge I can win that Rossian cannot. I will NEVER catch up if we give her MORE badges. wink

No, but really, how about an upgrade to the point God badge? The 10,000,000 Point Almighty.

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#1012326 - Wed Sep 25 2013 01:10 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
How about more badges that I can win and Salami can't - just to wind him up? Note - they don't GIVE me badges - I do have to win them.

How about a badge for the Top All Rounder (one for normal, one for hardcore) for each completed Global Challenge set. I think this would be a tough one to win, and should only be given out to the player who finishes at number one - not to the highest ranked player who has never won it before.

#1012327 - Wed Sep 25 2013 01:16 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Barbarini Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta Canada
Since there are 8 daily and 3 hourly team games, may I suggest a badge for a team member who has the highest score in at least 7 of those games in a day?

And I like salami's suggestion too. :-)

Thanks T!

#1012328 - Wed Sep 25 2013 01:40 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: Barbarini
Since there are 8 daily and 3 hourly team games, may I suggest a badge for a team member who has the highest score in at least 7 of those games in a day?

That's going to be very difficult for someone in a large team, but easy for anyone in a very small team.

Originally Posted By: rossian
How about a badge for the Top All Rounder (one for normal, one for hardcore) for each completed Global Challenge set. I think this would be a tough one to win, and should only be given out to the player who finishes at number one - not to the highest ranked player who has never won it before.

I think this would make a nice badge - there don't seem to be that many available for the Global Challenge.

~(_8(I)

#1012332 - Wed Sep 25 2013 02:10 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Originally Posted By: AdamM7

I think this would make a nice badge - there don't seem to be that many available for the Global Challenge.

There are 4 badges and 2 mini-badges for Global Challenge. I wouldn't call that "not many".

Personally, I think that's too difficult--too high of a score. I think that these badges should be achievable by quite a few people, not just a handful.
Another thing to consider is whether these will be mini-badges or regular badges. I know that there has been talk of limiting the total number of badges, and some of these wouldn't work for well for mini-badges, which are suppose to be somewhat easier than badges (although I am aware there are some difficult mini-badges like some of the Daily Challenge epics and the Pot of Gold ones).
I guess one thing I'd like to avoid if possible is something like what happened with the monster quiz, where you have to answer more questions but it's only a mini-badge instead of a regular badge (because of the limiting the number of badges thing).

As for my ideas:
It's probably going to be said, so I'll say it: more of the "24 Hours of..." mini-badges (perhaps even finish the set, I don't think anybody would mind). Perhaps either taking quizzes based off commissions or challenges or a scavenger hunt type (like where you have to play quizzes with a certain word or words in the title).

Edited by Buddy1 (Wed Sep 25 2013 02:11 PM)

#1012333 - Wed Sep 25 2013 02:20 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

On the Global Challenge, how about a mini-badge for one who plays 800 or 900 games (minus brain twist, of course).

-Nam

#1012335 - Wed Sep 25 2013 02:29 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Buddy1]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: Buddy1
There are 4 badges and 2 mini-badges for Global Challenge. I wouldn't call that "not many".

Word Wizard is just an hourly and it has 7 badges and 2 minis. Don't get me wrong, Word Wizard is great, but it's only one game and the Global Challenge has 6 games which offer less badges than just that one.

It's probably going to be said, so I'll say it: more of the "24 Hours of..." mini-badges (perhaps even finish the set, I don't think anybody would mind).

Another dozen minibadges is probably too many, but having said that, I don't think it's fair to have 24 Hours of some categories but not others. Possibly a mini where you have to combine categories - score x points (probably a bit under 3000) in each of x categories (3/4) - e.g. in a 24 hour period, score 2000 points in each of the following categories: hobbies, humanities, literature, television.

~(_8(I)

#1012337 - Wed Sep 25 2013 02:58 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Buddy1]
Chavs Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ireland

Personally, I think that's too difficult--too high of a score. I think that these badges should be achievable by quite a few people, not just a handful.
Another thing to consider is whether these will be mini-badges or regular badges. I know that there has been talk of limiting the total number of badges, and some of these wouldn't work for well for mini-badges, which are suppose to be somewhat easier than badges (although I am aware there are some difficult mini-badges like some of the Daily Challenge epics and the Pot of Gold ones).
I guess one thing I'd like to avoid if possible is something like what happened with the monster quiz, where you have to answer more questions but it's only a mini-badge instead of a regular badge (because of the limiting the number of badges thing).

As for my ideas:
It's probably going to be said, so I'll say it: more of the "24 Hours of..." mini-badges (perhaps even finish the set, I don't think anybody would mind). Perhaps either taking quizzes based off commissions or challenges or a scavenger hunt type (like where you have to play quizzes with a certain word or words in the title).

Seconded. smile

#1012338 - Wed Sep 25 2013 03:00 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: AdamM7]
Barbarini Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta Canada
[quote=Barbarini]Since there are 8 daily and 3 hourly team games, may I suggest a badge for a team member who has the highest score in at least 7 of those games in a day?

That's going to be very difficult for someone in a large team, but easy for anyone in a very small team.

There are other challenges on FT that aren't that easy which is as it should be. Ultimately up to Terry.

Edited to fix quotes...

Edited by Barbarini (Wed Sep 25 2013 03:01 PM)

#1012349 - Wed Sep 25 2013 04:46 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Are there any current recognition awards for Brain Twist participation?

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#1012366 - Wed Sep 25 2013 05:46 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Are there any current recognition awards for Brain Twist participation?

Brain Twist ties into GC. Progress in Brain Twist and you earn more from GC.

Badge/Badgelet rewards for Brain Twist would be equivalent to receiving badges/badgelets for completing any series of quizzes from the Brain Teasers category.

Edited by kyleisalive (Wed Sep 25 2013 05:48 PM)

#1012368 - Wed Sep 25 2013 06:00 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Brain Twists are played between GC rounds and don't count for anything then (but helping get a Level 9 badge). And of all the competitions with multiple awards, GC has Immortal, HC and Level 9. That's way under representation for a key FT activity. And, as you dance around saying, there is NO individual Brain Twist award..

#1012369 - Wed Sep 25 2013 06:13 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
And, as you dance around saying, there is NO individual Brain Twist award..

I never danced around anything-- Brain Twist was made for the GC, regardless of whether or not it's played separately now. Its points contribute to your GC score. You win other badges from GC.

I also reasoned why I felt it wasn't necessary to have a Brain Twist-specific reward, in my opinion-- it's a reward in itself to get the point boost in GC. It would be more beneficial for plays for our Brain Teaser quizzes to have a 24-Hrs badgelet for the category rather than having players not get the points reward/give the ratings for/get counted as having played the title from Brain Twist. I wouldn't be surprised if players looked up the quiz they have for the Brain Twist, since it's not timed, and get the answers through other means to ensure their success in the game (but don't let that become a topic of discussion in this thread.)

#1012381 - Wed Sep 25 2013 08:27 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Brain Twists play into the Do The Twist badgelet, which probably everybody has by now.

I'd like to suggest a "slow and steady" style badge for completing 500 My Daily Quizzes and banking 10,000 single questions.

Also, a "winning streak" badge/badgelet for completing a certain number of daily challenges in a row without any failures in between (20? 100?).

Also, not a badge but an opportunity -- to win certain animals that are at the time being unwinnable. One thing I don't think we have enough of is team (or pair) style challenges where two or more people work towards a goal. Perhaps two people with different animals can work together to clone each other's.

#1012382 - Wed Sep 25 2013 08:29 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Brain Twist (edit: Teasers) is a category that stands with all the other categories in the Quizzyland Home Page Left Hand Column. Just about every other topic there is covered in the Challenges award menu. Just about all those other topic awards can be won using untimed play.
If this is a brainstorming session to help Terry decide on new badges, the first rule of brainstorming is you don't poo-poo on any idea. You let them all be presented without demerit. Just new ideas are voiced. Later the moderator decides to seek pros and cons on certain of those ideas to further discuss towards a final decision.

Edited by mehaul (Wed Sep 25 2013 09:47 PM)

#1012383 - Wed Sep 25 2013 08:37 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
I would like to second nautilator's Slow and Steady badge idea.

I'd also like to see a badge that involves playing a certain number of quizzes by some of the more prolific authors on the site. Maybe a perk to authors with over 100 quizzes online to make a list of their 10 or 15 favourite to play as a challenge.

#1012394 - Wed Sep 25 2013 10:22 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Or slow, steady prolonged FT activity to accumulate 10 000, 20 000, 30 000, or 40 000 Brains. Kickaha...you get a special lifetime achievement award.

Page 58 of 121 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 120 121 >

Moderator:  Terry