Pyonir: Another great photo. I have a few questions about it:
1) did you use an auto setting on your camera, or manually leave your aperature open (and no, I'm not trying to be forward lol)
2) did you use a tripod?
3) did you get drenched?
4) is that the same location as the other (and is that place still standing??)
1) This is from my old camera, a Canon G3. So I was using 15 second intervals (the shutter speed was set to 15 seconds). As soon as there was a flash, I ended the exposure (using a remote). So this exposure was 1/1.3 seconds at F2.2.
2) Yep, I was using a tripod
3) Nope, I was on a patio of an apartment complex with a roof overhead. :P it was barely raining where I was anyway...most Arizona storms are very isolated and usually lightning and wind heavy.
4) No, this was just outside of Phoenix, Arizona. The lights you see on the horizon on the right side is actually downtown Phoenix. The water you see at the bottom of the pic is part of the Phoenix area canal system. The other shot was about 30 miles east, looking over Florence, Arizona.
Really like your pic by the way. Easily one of my favorite cloud formations.