Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#394151 - Wed Oct 21 2009 06:35 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: Santana2002]
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Perhaps they should supply a list of items you will need when you sign up. Sounds like a good excuse to sell you more 'stuff'.

#394152 - Wed Oct 21 2009 06:48 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: lady1]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
I borrowed some things from women at the same table but felt guilty after a few bits. In future I will know what to take and for good measure I have ordered a nice wheelable craft tote to take it in, not from them.

#394153 - Sun Nov 01 2009 11:26 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I went to a 'workshop' on Saturday afternoon. This time I took some equipment only to find that they had it all this time and the object of the afternoon was to make as many cards as we wanted using the equipment which some will not have access to at home. The makings of cards were there for all to use but I found that the work space allocated to each person wasn't to my liking, plus being sandwiched between two women meant they spread partly across my already limited space and it would have seemed bitchy to push their stuff over.

I ended up just stamping so that I could so something with them when I got home. My preference is to use 'quality' card blanks and the card supplied was too flimsy for my liking. Another time I will know what to take in the way of equipment and will also know to take some of my own card blanks, just using their papers and trimmings.

Today I started a blog for my cards, anyone wanting the url can send me a PM.

#394154 - Wed Mar 03 2010 10:22 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I am SO excited, well I lead a sheltered life so it doesn't take much. So what, I hear you ask, has got her in a tizzy. The man who runs the local branch of the charity where I help out is today returning from America where he appears to have spend much of his time being transported to a variety of craft stores shopping for me! He has been to Archivers, Michaels, Walmart, Hobby Lobby and Target and from what I can gather he has made purchases in the lot of them! These are gifts for me, not just shopping on my behalf. I know there are paper flowers, butterflies, 'stickers' and punches so it will be better than Christmas.

I will be collecting some of it tomorrow but one of his cases is currently on a world tour, well at least it is taking the scenic route from Chicago having not got having got itself onto the BA plane after a domestic flight from Appleton. I think it is going via Washington thence to Heathrow then to Gatwick then home to Jersey.

The poor man ended up missing his Gatwick to Jersey flight as he was trying to find out what happened to his bag on arrival at Heathrow. It is times like this that it pays to be flying Business as they do look after you better than when you travel steerage.

#394155 - Wed Mar 03 2010 01:35 PM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: sue943]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Sounds like you are in for a fun time opening goodies, Sue! Enjoy!

#394156 - Thu Mar 04 2010 01:34 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: Santana2002]
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
It is going to be like Christmas in March for you Sue!

*..Sounds like Sue may have an admirer...*

#394157 - Thu Mar 04 2010 12:27 PM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: lady1]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
ohhhhhh that sounds good. You're probably like me and read on forums about what shops there are in the US and the prices in them ... sounds like a great haul!

#394158 - Thu Mar 04 2010 12:39 PM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: Copago]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

He is a very happily married man, he is also very generous. His wife knows what he has given me, she came in with her Christmas cards for me to recycle today so it really was a wonderful day.

#394159 - Wed Apr 14 2010 04:18 PM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe what I am in the middle of doing, re-organising my craft store room! This is a tiny room off my kitchen, about nine feet by five feet approximately.

Against the back wall is my sewing machine cabinet which is used as a sort of table, heaped with junk right now but intended to be a sort of craft table. Fat chance, no room. then there is a metal office cupboard, six feet high by three feet wide which meant there was dead space in the corner between the cupboard and the cabinet. Then there is an old metal filing cabinet inside the door with more dead space between that and the cupboard. I had two shelf units on the wall opposite the cupboard, each with three shelves.

Then I had a brainwave the other day, if I moved the cupboard to the garage in some dead space there and got rid of the old filing cabinet I could have shelves in their place, shelves which could go right to the far wall by the side of the cabinet. I can have forty feet of shelving plus the floor under the bottom shelf! This would replace the floor and four three foot shelves in the cupboard and I will still have the cupboard in the garage.

I have now emptied out the room to make room for the items to be removed, I have bought shelving and had it cut to size. Now I need to call in the 'hump and dump' people to move the cupboard and take the filing cabinet away then I can slap some wallpaper on the wall where the filing cabinet was, it isn't papered behind or to the side of it but I have half a roll left from that room. Then I can attack the wall with my electric drill and stick the shelves up, or get someone to do it for me.

At the moment I cannot get into my kitchen or move much in here, it is amazing what you can fit into a small room such as that.

#641372 - Sat Jul 16 2011 08:08 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I thought that I moved a post by mehaul but it appears to have been lost.

#641468 - Sat Jul 16 2011 06:13 PM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: sue943]
Copago Offline

I had a good clean out recently. Our floorboards were being done so absolutely everything had to come out of the house inclusing the craftroom. It was so good to get rid of stuff that I hadn't used for so long and really thin out all the stuff. I just need time to use it all now!

#1027740 - Fri Dec 27 2013 03:19 PM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: Copago]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Bumping.

#1027820 - Sat Dec 28 2013 05:20 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: Copago]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Gosh, I've been browsing these old threads that you've bumped up for us, Sue, and realized just how little crafting I do nowadays!

I did try to eliminate lots of stash that I wasn't using, and sold off some bits'n'pieces for a pittance. What a relief to see them gone and having a nice, clear space instead.

I stil have a fair stash of paper, but have reduced to at least a half of what I had before. The trouble is that I keep buying two or three sheets here, and three or four there, as it's not terribly expensive. I just need to use the stuff and that is proving difficult these days.

Oh well, in some ways it must be a good complaint as it means my time is gainfully employed elsewhere? (or else I've just become more lazy and spend more time reading or watching TV rather than playing around with paper and glue) grin

#1027836 - Sat Dec 28 2013 08:16 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: Copago]
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Morrisville North Carolina USA
I was just lamenting about not being more crafty myself! Since I moved into a smaller space, I haven't set up my craft area. I *really* need to do that so I can get more involved in here. smile

#1027881 - Sun Dec 29 2013 02:05 AM Re: Craft Circle - General chat [Re: Copago]
Copago Offline

*sigh* me too.
I did have a spurt just before Christmas making some presents, some papercraft, some cooking but now that's all done I am not missing it. I got some metal icebuckets given too me so I turned them into hampers with some chocolate sauce, salt scrubs, soap, card packs, cordial, lip balm and a couple other things. Looked really cool (if I do say so myself wink ) but was a lot of work. smile i have a couple more to give out so will take a photo.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong