Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1050317 - Thu Jun 26 2014 06:35 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Stll no "Dealing with Tomorrow " to buy as a real book. I want to start at the beginning

#1050505 - Fri Jun 27 2014 09:33 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
That's really odd Ren because it is available here. But it has to be ordered from Amazon.com because it's print on demand.
If you still have problems, let me know.

'Dealing with Tomorrow' and 'Missing My Mark' (plus the new one that I am working on) are a series and 'Twin Harvest' and 'Dance for Fools' are a second series that is totally unrelated so can be read separately.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#1050506 - Fri Jun 27 2014 09:34 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Originally Posted By: golfmom08
I have downloaded three of her books. I started "Dealing With Tomorrow" and I'm enjoying it.

Thank you!

And ClaraSue, thank you as well!

Edited by skunkee (Fri Jun 27 2014 09:34 PM)

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#1050509 - Fri Jun 27 2014 09:55 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
ren33 Offline

Yay! Thanks Lynn. I was at the wrong Amazon (.UK)
All three books are on the way.

#1051328 - Thu Jul 03 2014 09:06 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Thank you Ren - I am humbled by you guys.

#1052197 - Thu Jul 10 2014 08:20 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
ren33 Offline

A most exciting thing! I live right out in the mountains near to the China border as I think some of you know.
Anyway I usually order books to be sent to my place of work in town, as postmen get a bit confused. But, as we are moving office, I had to put my home address, for my order of all three of Skunkee's books. Of course they did not arrive and I was on the look out for one of those cards which means a painful trek to the GPO.
No sign of that either.
So I checked the Amazon site and found that a courier had my precious parcel and had been to the house 2 or 3 times. So I emailed them and said I was here and where were they?
This evening at 9.30 the phone rang and a most friendly elderly Chinese gentleman asked me if I was me and would I like my books in ten minutes? Wow yes please. Turns out he was the i-courier man for my area and he lived about 5 minutes walk away!! You would understand my amazement if you knew just how remote we are. It was like a story from Country Tales from the Himalayas or something!
Anyway, they look amazing, and don't contact me for ages as I will be immersed. Thanks Lynn and thanks Mr Wong from Ma Mei Ha Village, Fanling NT.!

#1052631 - Sun Jul 13 2014 07:03 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
I just finished "Dealing With Tomorrow". I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting the humor that came through on almost every page. I am now invested in the life of Carly Kitchings and want more! Thank you for the enjoyable read, I left feedback on Amazon!

Edited by golfmom08 (Sun Jul 13 2014 07:04 AM)

#1052795 - Sun Jul 13 2014 04:36 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Thanks so much golfmom. I loved your feedback smilee

'Missing My Mark' is also a Carly Kitchings book but 'Twin Harvest' and 'Dance for Fools' are not.
I am writing the third Carly Kitchings mystery though. It's titled "Enter Purring".

Edited by skunkee (Sun Jul 13 2014 04:36 PM)

#1055441 - Sun Jul 27 2014 02:48 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I just finished "Dealing With Tomorrow" and promptly bought the other three books. A great read Lynn.

#1056394 - Sat Aug 02 2014 11:36 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed them. laugh

#1061938 - Thu Aug 28 2014 07:08 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
I just finished "Twin Harvest" and was not disappointed . This was a very enjoyable, fast paced mystery and I hope there will be more stories with Detective Connie! I think I'll go look for "Dance for Fools" now!,

#1067934 - Mon Oct 06 2014 10:34 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Originally Posted By: golfmom08
I just finished "Twin Harvest" and was not disappointed . This was a very enjoyable, fast paced mystery and I hope there will be more stories with Detective Connie! I think I'll go look for "Dance for Fools" now!,

Thank you so much!

#1068233 - Thu Oct 09 2014 12:33 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
whee Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Castle Rock Colorado USA   
I just read "Dealing with Tomorrow". Got it on my Kindle Unlimited subscription and started it at 11pm at night, finished around 4pm the next day. Yes - it was that good. Spent all of a flight reading instead of working smile

A little different from the type of book I normally read - slower paced. I'd guess this style is typically more popular with the female reader than the male, but the slow pace didn't bother me at all, because I was enjoying the journey so much. I'd guess the author put a lot of personal experiences and a melange of friends / acquaintances into this. The main character was very authentic - while certainly quirky the oddness had me nodding my head knowingly or snickering rather than heading into the realm of falseness.

The whole book was written very professionally - not a single jarring moment which is really rare.

I've put this author on my favorites list which is a real compliment - I reckon less than 1 in 50 of the authors I read make it there.

If I had any constructive feedback it would be.

1) The references to London threw me a bit early in the book. I thought it was London England, not London Canada for quite a while and some things were just a little "off". Once i realized it was Canada, it made sense again.
2) While the main character was wonderfully developed, the other characters were not. When they were in peril - I didn't really find myself caring that much. This could just be a natural result of the way the book is written in the 1st person, but I think a little more could have been done here.

Again - really impressive. Thanks for an enjoyable read.
Whee

#1068405 - Fri Oct 10 2014 07:59 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Whee thank you so much for the review. You are correct in assuming that there is a lot of me in the character. People who know me have recognised large portions of me in the character, although some of it is fiction.
I understand what you said about developing the other characters and have tried to address that in the next book, Missing My Mark, and the one I am currently writing.

I would be even more grateful if you could take the time to post a review on Amazon as they do make a big difference with people who have no association with me at all. Edited to add - I see that you have already done so. Thank you again!

I am very flattered at being placed on your favourite authors list.
Cheers,
Lynn

Edited to add - that is actually my husband seen on the cover of the book, but he is very much alive!

Edited by skunkee (Fri Oct 10 2014 08:24 AM)

#1082295 - Mon Jan 26 2015 07:55 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
whee Offline
Forum Adept

A very delayed review posted for "Missing My Mark" on Amazon. The other characters were indeed much better developed then in the first book.

Honestly, I read this second book expecting to be disappointed. I was betting that you'd used up most of your good ideas/stories in the first book. I was very happy to be proved wrong smile I enjoyed it thoroughly. Enough ideas left for a third book?

Only item of constructive feedback I have is that on a Kindle Paperwhite it's really hard to tell what order to read your books in - the book 1 and book 2 gets cut off. That goes for both series. Not sure how to fix. Maybe add Book 1 and Book 2 to the cover art?

Edited by whee (Mon Jan 26 2015 07:56 PM)

#1082296 - Mon Jan 26 2015 08:04 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
whee Offline
Forum Adept

I also posted a review for Twin Harvest. In general, excellently written and I enjoyed reading it, but I wasn't quite convinced by the "special" connection between the twins and how easily accepted it was by the police without it going much higher in the organization.

#1082481 - Wed Jan 28 2015 04:39 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Thanks again Whee.
Hmm, don't know how to fix that problem. Changing the cover art means removing it from Kindle and resubmitting it. Not sure what the ramifications for that would be!

Working on a book to follow "Missing My Mark" - hope it doesn't disappoint either!

Edited by skunkee (Wed Jan 28 2015 04:41 PM)

#1082597 - Thu Jan 29 2015 01:20 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
LoveAnimals555 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in Heaven, India
Great job- keep it up! :-)

#1087324 - Sun Mar 15 2015 12:20 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Excited to say that I have finished by fifth book, "Enter Purring". It should be available in a couple of weeks.

#1087362 - Sun Mar 15 2015 06:02 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
ren33 Offline

Good news! It should arrive here before you do!

#1087422 - Mon Mar 16 2015 09:34 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Hmmm, maybe not that soon. A few hoops need to be jumped through yet.
Can't wait to meet you though!

#1096531 - Wed May 27 2015 09:10 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

So the third book in my Carly Kitchings series should be ready to be released soon.

In a bit of marketing strategy, we are trying to get it on Amazon's bestseller list for one day by asking anyone who intends to buy it to do so on the same day.
In preparation for this, the electronic version of the first book in the series Dealing With Tomorrow will be offered for free starting Monday, June 1st, 2015.
The electronic version of the second book in the series Missing My Mark will be offered for free starting Monday, June 8th, 2015.
Unfortunately paperback versions cannot be offered for free as that would end up costing me a small fortune!

The third book, Enter Purring will be available in both electronic and paperback format on Monday, June 15th and that is the day we are hoping everyone will purchase it.

Thanking you in advance for helping out, if you choose to do so! smilee

Edited by skunkee (Wed May 27 2015 09:11 AM)

#1096555 - Wed May 27 2015 11:12 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Many congratulations Lynn. I hope that many will be able to support you on 15th June, I certainly will be buying your new book as I enjoyed the other two.

Is there a particular time zone in which the book need be bought?

#1096562 - Wed May 27 2015 12:10 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

I never thought of that Sue! Probably not but I will ask!
Thanks

#1096584 - Wed May 27 2015 03:25 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published!
ren33 Offline

I am going for it Lynn Good luck

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  LeoDaVinci, ren33, TabbyTom