Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#70628 - Thu Aug 01 2002 02:03 PM Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Hi, if you've made this your first stop, Copago and I myself, Bruyere, would like to welcome you.
I know that some of you have found your way in via Quizzyland and the links that send you directly here. It's almost like a Star Trek transporter!

But nevertheless, Copago and I have a thread up in the Welcome Center for new members of the forums for the rules and regulations of the forums.

Here are some specific ones for this section though:
1. Please post things that encourage discussions of various music genres or musicians here, but don't do the chain games, we have another place down a bit further in the forums.

2. Try to follow the guidelines for clear easy-to-read English without too many abbreviations and things that not everyone understands.

3. No language that can't be used on the evening news in English.

4. Let's see, what else Copago? Oh yes, as loads of people are passionate about their favorite groups they often put a link or something in here. If that link is advertising, we don't allow that without permission of the webmaster.
We've had a lot of people make their first stop here, first post and give us an advertisement for their group or concert.
Please tell us about it without the link, and we reserve the right to delete anything that constitutes spam or advertising here.
If the moderators here anywhere see something that sounds like an ad, then we'll ask you not to or delete it.
If you have a site to recommend for finding lyrics, or something like that, then it probably is alright.
Use the links to other sites wisely, and get to know us better before stopping in and sticking one in.
We can discuss any music subject on the face of the earth here so just propose something and you'll probably find someone who knows about it or wants to learn.

Thanks, if I've forgotten anything, Copago my co hostess will probably remember it!

We also have elves in this section too who come in and give our minds a jolt...

#70629 - Wed May 15 2002 12:26 PM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
aballinshadow Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Canada
This should always stay at the top. I wonder if Terry could arrange something so that some topics, like this one, posted by moderators and made for the new members, could always stay at the top, no matter how many other topics gets a new message... Wouldn't it be a good idea? Bruyere?
Edited by aballinshadow (Fri Mar 25 2005 04:52 PM)

#70630 - Fri May 17 2002 12:34 AM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
tanzen Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Melbourne
VIC Australia
...And tanzen says hello too!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] (The music cellar: I wouldn't say I spend a lot of time here, but I haven't seen natural light since I joined up here!) [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#70631 - Mon Jun 03 2002 08:50 AM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

"Up up and away, in my beautiful balloon"

#70632 - Sun Jun 16 2002 10:02 AM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
aballinshadow Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Canada
Up. Bring it up.

(Ok I know I'm not THE one who should do that but I saw the topic very far from the top so...)
Edited by aballinshadow (Fri Mar 25 2005 04:52 PM)

#70633 - Sun Jun 16 2002 11:51 PM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

That's fine, during the switchover, you're welcome to bring that up to the top! I wasn't getting on as easily there for a while.
Welcome to the music section if this is your first visit or a return visit!

#70634 - Sat Jul 20 2002 02:22 PM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
meshkenet Offline
Participant

Loc: South of the North Pole
Well I'll say hi to everyone!
I have been virtually harassed and pressured to come here by a moderator whose name I shall not write in fear for my own life...let's juste say she was convincing...
Just joking, I'll stop by for a few minutes here and there, hoping for stimulating and entertaining "conversation"
Anyone else from Canada here? just checking.

#70635 - Sun Jul 21 2002 04:05 AM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Now who could that possibly be?
Guys, we've got to prove that we do have what it takes to discuss music, with people around the whole world, and remain civil and polite, even when we think that Britney is for the birds...or that Wagner is hard to listen to, or that I don't know.
THis is the only place I can think of where you can discuss any kind of music.

Copago my co editor is coming back in and I'm thrilled! What a trip! Now we've got to get her son Conor into some kind of music...let's see..."Tie me kangaroo down boy".

#70636 - Thu Aug 01 2002 02:03 PM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Hi one and all, any newcomers welcome to our little section.

Pull-ease don't spam us...
If I see another "newbie" with a first post about some fantastic band and a link they just happen to put in here...I'll get Conor after you...
He's my co mod's son...

#70637 - Sun Aug 01 2004 10:27 PM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
Monarch Offline
Participant

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums! My name is Mariah, but I go by Monarch. Don't know how I got that kind of nickname, but just call me Monarch

#70638 - Sun Sep 19 2004 08:13 AM Re: Welcome to the music section! Newbies stop in!
andrean Offline
Participant

Loc: Birmingham,England
My first visit to the music section.
My special fave is all things 80's

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher