Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#774189 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:27 PM About a quiz I just submitted...
seadancer Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York USA
I submitted a single question quiz a few minutes ago. I made a slight error in a date which should be corrected. The date should be 1949 and not 1944. How can I report that and have it changed? Can you change it?

#774198 - Tue Feb 28 2012 02:45 PM Re: About a quiz I just submitted... [Re: seadancer]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Either send a correction note to yourself on it, or ask an editor in the category to make the change.

#774223 - Tue Feb 28 2012 03:32 PM Re: About a quiz I just submitted... [Re: dg_dave]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
If it hasn't been approved or rejected yet, you can't send a correction note on it yet. You can go with contacting an editor in the category but depending on the category you submitted to and the number of editors, there's no guarantee that another editor won't action it before the one you send a note to gets around to seeing it (and I don't really think it's good practice to send a note to each of the category's editors... if there's only two of them, that's one thing, but some categories have six or seven).

Anyway, don't worry about it too much. Watch for the question to be accepted (or rejected) and then check out if the error is still there. If it's something an editor familiar with the subject matter might catch, then it might be fixed already. If not, at that point you can submit a correction note on it detailing the correction that needs to be made.

#774337 - Tue Feb 28 2012 06:02 PM Re: About a quiz I just submitted... [Re: guitargoddess]
seadancer Offline
Enthusiast

I don't know how to submit a correction note.
Where would I go to do that?

#774343 - Tue Feb 28 2012 06:16 PM Re: About a quiz I just submitted... [Re: seadancer]
guitargoddess Offline

When your question is accepted, go here: http://www.funtrivia.com/questionpost_me3.cfm

It's the link called All Accepted Submissions on the question submission page.

There will be an option to "I see an error. Submit a correction" for each accepted question. If the question is rejected, you'll be able to edit it yourself, through the Not Yet Rated link on the question submission page.

#774372 - Tue Feb 28 2012 09:06 PM Re: About a quiz I just submitted... [Re: guitargoddess]
seadancer Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: guitargoddess
When your question is accepted, go here: http://www.funtrivia.com/questionpost_me3.cfm

It's the link called All Accepted Submissions on the question submission page.

There will be an option to "I see an error. Submit a correction" for each accepted question. If the question is rejected, you'll be able to edit it yourself, through the Not Yet Rated link on the question submission page.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help.
Seadancer

#774477 - Wed Feb 29 2012 10:25 AM Re: About a quiz I just submitted... [Re: seadancer]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Make a note somewhere. All this isn't likely to come about for a month since there is a queue in front of you. Though some cats are quicker on the acceptance side and any accompanying author/editor fixing at acceptance, waiting for the Question Quest New Question Game chance to make the fix would take the longest time (near two months. cat depending).

Edited by mehaul (Wed Feb 29 2012 02:59 PM)

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#774556 - Wed Feb 29 2012 03:08 PM Re: About a quiz I just submitted... [Re: mehaul]
guitargoddess Offline

It doesn't take a month to have questions accepted (unless under extemely unusual circumstances), and you don't need to wait until it's in the game being played to submit a correction on your own question, you can as soon as it's accepted. So it really shouldn't take very long to get a mistake corrected in your own question. As noted, it takes awhile for the questions to go to the New Question game, so there is plenty of time to have fixes made while the question is just sitting there.

Moderator:  agony