Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#774537 - Wed Feb 29 2012 12:49 PM Davy Jones, of the Monkees, dead at 66
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Morrisville North Carolina USA
(Reuters) - Davy Jones, former lead singer of the 1960s made-for-television pop band The Monkees, died on Wednesday at a hospital in Florida, according to an official from the local medical examiner's office.

http://news.yahoo.com/former-monkee-davy-jones-dies-age-66-florida-182538429.html

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/29/davy-jones-dead-monkees/#.T05zDHl0SVo

Edited by SilverMoonsong (Wed Feb 29 2012 03:18 PM)

#774539 - Wed Feb 29 2012 01:01 PM Re: Davey Jones, of the Monkees, dead at 66 [Re: SilverMoonsong]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
My sister just told me about this! He was my favorite teen idol! RIP Davy.

#774540 - Wed Feb 29 2012 01:09 PM Re: Davey Jones, of the Monkees, dead at 66 [Re: SilverMoonsong]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
The location of Martin County, Florida, is on the East Coast of Florida, between Lake Okeechobee and the coast, just north of West Palm Beach, approximately 150 mi north of Miami.

#774547 - Wed Feb 29 2012 02:32 PM Re: Davey Jones, of the Monkees, dead at 66 [Re: mehaul]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Dallas TX USA                 
He was also the youngest of the group.

May he rest in peace.

#774585 - Wed Feb 29 2012 06:41 PM Re: Davey Jones, of the Monkees, dead at 66 [Re: dg_dave]
mountaingoat Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Mountains NSW Australia
I am suddenly feeling veeery old. RIP Davy.

#774618 - Wed Feb 29 2012 09:45 PM Re: Davey Jones, of the Monkees, dead at 66 [Re: mountaingoat]
fredsixties Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Staten Island
New York USA 
The scary part is that they said he was in perfect health. He was a vegetarian, ate right, exercised, didn't smoke and what good did it do him? Tragic.

#774677 - Thu Mar 01 2012 04:05 AM Re: Davy Jones, of the Monkees, dead at 66 [Re: fredsixties]
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Morrisville North Carolina USA
I wanted to share this, because I was quite moved by it. This is the tribute left by Mike Nesmith:

Quote:
"While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don't exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity. That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won't abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane. David's spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us. I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels."

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher