Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#775062 - Fri Mar 02 2012 02:51 AM strange noises from the sky
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Northern Ontario Canada  
My wife writing this for me..ty..yak

I have read about and heard about very loud "reverberating" noises that seem to come from the sky earlier this year, end of January.
These reports have come from all over the world and many places in Canada.
Hoaxes aside, which always become present with these types of reports, has any FT members heard these loud "sounds from the sky"?
I have heard nothing myself in our area of the world, nor my family, but I'm curious to know if any of our many members have heard them?

#775088 - Fri Mar 02 2012 04:55 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mayneeyak]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
We hear it occasionally, and we even have a name for it. We call it 'thunder'.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#775124 - Fri Mar 02 2012 09:36 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: ozzz2002]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Then there is aircraft noise.

#775133 - Fri Mar 02 2012 10:11 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: sue943]
flopsymopsy Offline

Loc: Northampton England UK      
In January I discovered there were squirrels in my loft, have you any idea how heavy-footed squirrels are? Thud, thud, thud!

#775139 - Fri Mar 02 2012 10:46 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: flopsymopsy]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England UK           
Is it the thumping of wind turbines?
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#775141 - Fri Mar 02 2012 10:57 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: lesley153]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Maybe the gods have picked up on the farmers' fake crop cicles and are making thunderous circles in the skies?

Or maybe they're just playing ten pins again. It has been a few hundred years since last they did.

#775253 - Fri Mar 02 2012 04:40 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mehaul]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

I actually am serious but I love the possibilities you all suggested. LOL
Has anyone even heard any news reports about them from there corner of the globe?
Thanks for the funny ideas but I really am serious. I've heard and read about this happening and want to dispel them as rumours or hear facts of truth about it.

I'm curious about this. Thank you.

#775327 - Fri Mar 02 2012 10:05 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mayneeyak]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Great and funny responses, but all kidding aside, would this be helpful?

The Hum

The Taos Hum

#775393 - Sat Mar 03 2012 07:16 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: ClaraSue]
george48 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ottawa
  Ontario Canada   
I listened to the two recordings of the HUM and couldn't hear anything except what i could perceive to be ambient background noise. I guess i am one of the majority whose hearing is not attuned to that frequency.

#775441 - Sat Mar 03 2012 11:19 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mayneeyak]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: mayneeyak
Thanks for the funny ideas but I really am serious.
So was I. There's nothing funny about the noise of wind turbines.

I thought the first Taos hum sounded like a washing machine. The second one was like the sound I hear at night in an otherwise quiet area. I've been hearing it for two or three years, and no, I haven't got tinnitus. As sitting up in bed in the small hours and screaming obscenities didn't seem to make it stop, I've learnt to shut it out. But I'd be happy if it just went away.
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#775492 - Sat Mar 03 2012 01:22 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: lesley153]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
(Sorry yakster, can't resist the urge to post this teehee)

I have heard sounds in the sky. At first they were random, low frequency booms. then they increased in pitch and began echoing. They started to sound like "Stockup...Stockup...Stockup" Then they became very clear and were urging me to purchase Kendecky's Orange Marmalade. So it turns out that it was just some corporation spamming the Ionisphere.

#775525 - Sat Mar 03 2012 05:35 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mehaul]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

I'm glad to see all the funnies being posted. It tells me that the whole thing may be a hoax, but again,these loud hums and rumblings were supposedly heard by many people in many areas of the world and due to my interest in prophecy, I do a little of my own research on things regarding it so this caught my eye.
They've purportedly been heard in Czeck Republic, several places in Canada such as Montreal and Edmonton and conklin, Costa Rica,Ukraine, Amarillo TX., Pennsylvania, Glasgow, Germany, etc and were supposedly heard on or about Jan 17, 18 of this year. Even some mainstream news networks and local stations did some reports on it.

I personally thing it's99% baloney but stranger things have happened on this crazy world. If nobody reports sharing the experience on this post then I'll be satisfied with considering the whole situation debunked.

As they say, "Curiosity killed the cat...but for a while I was a suspect." laugh

#775555 - Sat Mar 03 2012 09:24 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mayneeyak]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: mayneeyak
If nobody reports sharing the experience on this post

I have reported hearing a hum. Does mine count?

#775951 - Sun Mar 04 2012 10:35 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: lesley153]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

Yes it does. Was it around January 17, 18, or 19th of this year?

#776531 - Tue Mar 06 2012 04:05 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mayneeyak]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

Well, I do believe that if these "sounds" were really heard as often as "reported", there would have been several responses in this thread stating so.
FT has members all over the world and to not have at least two or three come forward tells me that someone is up to no good for the most part. Not surprising with the way people can be today.
Thanks to those who did contact me. I'll follow up on the information you shared.

Next subject: UFOs!...which stands for "Ukrainians From Ontario"...stay tuned crazy

#776554 - Tue Mar 06 2012 05:21 PM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: mayneeyak]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

"Was it around January 17, 18, or 19th of this year?"

It's been non-stop for about three years.

#780631 - Thu Mar 22 2012 01:09 AM Re: strange noises from the sky [Re: lesley153]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

Thanks for all your input Lesley. Interesting, yet not what I was looking for. I now believe that the noises I was speaking about were a part of a fear-mongering hoax by a bunch of bored and immature thrillseekers. tongue

Thanks everybody.

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943