MLB 2012 Tipping Comp
The MLB 2012 season will begin soon.
The rules are as follows:
1. One point for a correct tip. You may tip home or away (there are NO ties in baseball - games go into extra innings to determine a winner, even if they play 18+ total innings - there was one a few years ago that went 20 before a winner was decided).
Note: suspended games from Friday are not included in Saturday counts.
2. Deadlines are Thursday midnight FT (6am* London, 10:30am India, 3pm* Sydney, 5pm* NZ) with a two hour period of grace. The final week's deadline will be Tuesday midnight FT, since that week will be Wednesday
games. Stars are noted by places that DO observe daylight saving time.
3. There will be a one point deduction if tips are posted after the grace period. Default will be the higher of six points or Wooden Spoon score (new for 2012), and will be your score if you tip after the first game starts, which will be about 36 hours after deadline.
4. If you default for four (4) straight weeks, you will be considered an inactive tipper (you will not
be dropped from the league) and will score default until you return. If an inactive tipper's score is the lowest and tips, their score will jump to the lowest active tipper's score.
Note: We will tip the Saturday games each week, excluding the final day of the season (Wed). The season will not
begin on Sunday as it has in years past, nor will it end on a Sunday. We will not
tip the opening games on Wednesday or Thursday; it will start with the first Saturday games.Bonus points
1. One bonus point for picking a result solo, or one of two (12 minimum tippers to apply).
2. One bonus point if no more than two games are missed (one game may be postponed (games may be postponed due to weather (rain or snow) in baseball
) to earn this point). In the case of two games postponed, one miss will earn a bonus. Three postponements or more do not earn a bonus. (i.e., 12+/13, 12+/14, 13+/15)
3. Tips of all homes or all homes bar one are in
eligible for any bonus points.
In case of Friday postponements, the FIRST of the Saturday games will be the one counted for our comp, as per MLB rule 4.13f.
Sign up here if you are interested.The logos which appear on this page and in each sub-category in MLB Teams are owned by the relevant Major League Baseball entity, and have been downloaded and reproduced with the kind permission of MLB Pressbox.