Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#785467 - Wed Apr 11 2012 12:46 AM Who would/did you go crazy for?
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
One Direction is in AUstralia and I am of a sufficient age now that I can say that I had barely heard of them until a week ago.
The scenes of teenage girls crying and going crazy have been compared to Beatlemania in the 60s.
One girl said she had the week off school when she couldn't get tickets because she was so upset. A week!?! For me to get a week off school it would have had to involved a hospital stay or the death of a close family member.

(I think that teenagers should be locked up until they turn 20 for their own good .. but that's another thread!)

SO who did you (or would've you had you had the opportunity) go nuts for when you were a teenager?

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/musi...0406-1wh2v.html

#785650 - Wed Apr 11 2012 06:08 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Copago]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
HongKong
James Dean
Marlon Brando
The bedroom was absolutely plastered with photos and I had scrapbooks full. I saw On the Waterfront 5 times in one week.

#785691 - Wed Apr 11 2012 10:25 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: ren33]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: FloridaUSA
I still go crazy for Donny Osmond. As a teen, I had all of the Osmond's on my bedroom walls. I believe they were there until I got married at age 19!

#785861 - Thu Apr 12 2012 03:18 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: golfmom08]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
I believe golfmom08 and I would get along just fine. laugh I was just so in love with Donnie Osmond, then a few years later it was Peter Frampton!

#785902 - Thu Apr 12 2012 04:47 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: ClaraSue]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
HongKong
I just realised this is about music! Oops! Right, Then it was Elvis. Also Gene Vincent, Bill Haley. Later on Dave Brubeck.

#824307 - Mon Sep 17 2012 10:24 AM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: ren33]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: PennsylvaniaUSA
Do I really want to admit this?

It would have been a toss-up betweenNSYNC, O. Town and the Backstreet Boys (I can't separate the three in my mind for the first few years, as I gobbled up their music. Never went to a concert, though it doesn't matter.

Years after that, it was Justin Bieber (though, with his newer songs out, I no longer like him).

As for "One Direction," I only really like one song, and don't see that changing.

#824319 - Mon Sep 17 2012 11:30 AM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Jazmee27]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
When I was a teen...not much. As an elementary school kid...it's a different story. Aaron Carter was HUGE when I was a kid. Never cared at all about McCartney or Bieber, they were just Aaron Carter's replacements....N'Sync was also HUGE at my school, and if you liked N'Sync, then you weren't allowed to like the Backstreet Boys. Everyone liked N'Sync because of Justin Timberlake, and Lance (who crushed a lot of girls' dreams when he announced he was gay). A*Teens was also popular, and I enjoy the music. It's basically just a revival of ABBA for my generation.

#998808 - Sat Jul 27 2013 01:08 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Copago]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Interesting. Call me eclectic, but I've never been a "die-hard" fan of anyone, musically or otherwise. The only posters on my wall as a teenager (IF my very strict mother approved lol) were about peace and love and all that other hippie crap or biblical stuff. When we built our own house, nothing was put on the walls other than sports achievements and watercolour paintings (done by me). This is not bragging, we have VERY limited wall space as we have a VERY small house (so we have, like, 3 things hanging on walls) and most of them are taken up by windows LOL. Sure, there are folks I really like a lot (and have purchased many albums re) but I've never understood the "gagagoogoo" part of "fandom" (not even with the Beatles and yes, I'm old enough to have lived through that "mania").

#1033519 - Sat Feb 08 2014 05:13 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Copago]
MadameGuvnor Offline
Participant

Embarrassment time.

My teenage crush was Derek Longmuir from the Bay City Rollers. Now I can't understand what I ever saw in him.

My current 'crush' is Swedish rock musician Tomas Ledin whom I have loved since 1980. He's awesome in every way. But he has the talent to back up his looks.

#1033527 - Sat Feb 08 2014 07:17 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Copago]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Bobby Sherman, and David Cassidy. I still have vinyl albums from both grin

#1047910 - Tue Jun 03 2014 12:33 AM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Copago]
live4trivia Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canada
Backstreet Boys were my favourite (wuvvle you Kevin!). I was a fan of O-Town (<3 Jacob Underwood), 98, NSYNC back in the day. Around the age of 16 my taste changed. I was heavily into Davey Havok (AFI) & M. Shadows (Avenged Sevenfold) - I still am too. :P

Edited by live4trivia (Tue Jun 03 2014 12:34 AM)

#1052190 - Thu Jul 10 2014 07:42 AM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Copago]
MadameGuvnor Offline
Participant

I also like Australian musician John Farnham.

Edited by MadameGuvnor (Thu Jul 10 2014 07:43 AM)

#1062647 - Mon Sep 01 2014 07:16 PM Re: Who would/did you go crazy for? [Re: Copago]
TriviaFan22 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Texas USA
Music wise, it'd be Killswitch Engage

but off topic, who really makes me lose it is Bill Clinton giving a speech. He's the most captivating campaigner I think that ever lived.

oh and what's so funny about that is i'm a far right wing extremist!

Edited by TriviaFan22 (Mon Sep 01 2014 07:16 PM)

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher