Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#795842 - Sun May 20 2012 04:45 PM Robin Gibb
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
It has just been announced that Robin Gibb has died, loosing his long running battle with cancer. He was 62.

RIP Robin, thank you for the music.

#795853 - Sun May 20 2012 05:16 PM Re: Robin Gibb [Re: Christinap]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
And from me. He seemed like the most interesting one of group, not to mention his wife. Another group I grew up with. The nearest I got to them was when I was in the car with my ex around 1997 and they said they were on that night in Wembley and she rang up and got a ticket. I wasn't into concerts so dropped her and picked her up afterwards, and a couple of days later the live cassette was released of it which we bought as well.

UN IPCC

#795861 - Sun May 20 2012 05:56 PM Re: Robin Gibb [Re: satguru]
dg_dave Online   content
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
There is a thread somewhere here on this forum that told what the #1 song was the day you were born. He (as well as his brothers) held that spot on that day.

He will be missed.

#795972 - Mon May 21 2012 07:18 AM Re: Robin Gibb [Re: dg_dave]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Torquay Devon England UK      
Farewell then, Robin Gibb. It's a funny thing, but since he died, I've been hearing Bee Gees music everywhere.
Late last night, as I walked past the vegetable rack, I even thought I heard the onions singing......but it was just the chives talking.

RIP Robin

#796237 - Mon May 21 2012 09:27 PM Re: Robin Gibb [Re: sisterseagull]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I hope Robin heard that, (he must have?), it's a good one. I just heard on the radio the Wembley concert my ex went to was their biggest one ever, it can hold 60,000 people before you include the pitch which is usually used for concerts as well as the seats. It's certainly one of the biggest venues in Britain but must be bigger ones elsewhere, so we've done pretty well here.

UN IPCC

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher