Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#800167 - Wed Jun 06 2012 02:44 PM FunTrivia Treasure
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
This might be better suited in the feedback forum, but I'll try here first.

Is it possible to have an automatic message system that says something like "Congratulations, someone has found the FunTrivia treasure, and your quiz *insert name here* contained the treasure!"

I'd be awfully curious if ever my own quiz contained the treasure. smile

#800196 - Wed Jun 06 2012 03:56 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: salami_swami]
leith90 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Queensland Australia
What a fun idea Salami. I've often wondered the same thing myself. A note after the treasure moves on or is found would be nice.

#800314 - Wed Jun 06 2012 11:39 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: leith90]
ga_jam831 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Warner Robins Georgia USA     
That would be cool! It might spur me to go back to trying to figure out where it is. I kind of quit on it a while back other than an occasional glance at the clues I have.

#802815 - Mon Jun 18 2012 12:43 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: ga_jam831]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Great idea! I've wondered if one of my quizzes would ever be the buzzy bee quiz, and if my brain teaser would ever be a daily brain teaser, and if one of my quizzes would ever be the quiz of the hour...

Edited by Mariamir (Mon Jun 18 2012 12:44 AM)

#802820 - Mon Jun 18 2012 01:46 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Mariamir]
rossian Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I've seen my brain teaser quizzes quite regularly. The last time I played one, I got one question wrong. The shame is still with me. I have seen one of mine as quiz of the hour, too.

#802875 - Mon Jun 18 2012 08:44 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: rossian]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Rossian, I get my brain teaser brain twist questions wrong all the time. Don't feel shame, feel proud that you are wise enough to stump even yourself. wink

#803040 - Mon Jun 18 2012 08:18 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: salami_swami]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
My one and only brainteaser quiz shows up quite regularly in the GC (so I'm told). I imagine most folks are sick of seeing it by now (unless they're happy with the easy points after playing it more than twice lol)

I haven't written many quizzes at all, but I HAVE had things show up in Quiz of the Hour (so I'm told) and one or two KyleChallenges that have accompanying badgelets. They are quizzes I'd forgotten about mostly, and honestly didn't know why I got email comments on things that had been written long ago, except that I asked some folks why they were playing them or "how they got here" : )

And no, for me there is no incentive for whose quiz was the pick of the day, or who won whatever via whichever quiz. That's NOT why I play the extra fun games and that's definitely NOT why I write quizzes at all. I have a very small ego so am not interested in pseudo-kudos lol.

But hey, whatever frosts your cookie Salami : )

#803042 - Mon Jun 18 2012 08:33 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Jakeroo]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Is this thread revealing that the Treasure is hidden in a quiz? Thanks!

Edited by mehaul (Mon Jun 18 2012 08:34 PM)

#803046 - Mon Jun 18 2012 08:46 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: mehaul]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

hilarious as usual, mehaul : )

#804206 - Sun Jun 24 2012 11:15 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Jakeroo]
seadancer Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York USA
Just dropping by to say that I finally found my first real Treasure Hunt Clue!

I can't believe it! LOL

Previously, I had found a "Scavenger Hunt" Item but that isn't considered a clue. It asked me for the "Scavenger Gateway Password". I didn't know what that was all about at the time.

---Sea

“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
-Harriet Beecher Stowe

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all..."

-Emily Dickinson

#804261 - Sun Jun 24 2012 01:31 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: seadancer]
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
That's great news! Have fun with it--the Treasure Hunt was a great experience... I wish I could do it again!

Editor for Humanities and Movies

#804264 - Sun Jun 24 2012 01:56 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: LadyCaitriona]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
Now you know where they are you'll see them all the time. Note them down, and one day when you think you have the vast majority of clues, have an hour or so to kill, and are in the appropriate mood, go for it. I had all the clues but was never in the right mood to go hunting as there were too many other things to do here on FT! Then one day I was in the mood. I put the treasure in my sights and I had it within half an hour smile

#804276 - Sun Jun 24 2012 03:54 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Tizzabelle]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

30 minutes? lol, I am so ashamed.

#804279 - Sun Jun 24 2012 04:03 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Jakeroo]
seadancer Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York USA
Yes, I am storing all the clues on a WordPad document.
So far I have one clue and one related item.
---Sea

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity"
-Louis Pasteur

#804285 - Sun Jun 24 2012 04:39 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Jakeroo]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
30 minutes? lol, I am so ashamed.

No need for shame. I'd seen the clues so many times, seen places and things that might be useful, mulled it over and formulated a plan of attack that worked. There was much more than 30 mins thinking involved over time, but only 30 mins of actual playing once I started in earnest. Now if only all my other plans in my head would work that way! I'm usually guilty of thinking a job will take 30 mins and then finding it takes 3 hrs wink

#804302 - Sun Jun 24 2012 06:55 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Tizzabelle]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Originally Posted By: Tizzabelle
Now you know where they are you'll see them all the time. Note them down, and one day when you think you have the vast majority of clues, have an hour or so to kill, and are in the appropriate mood, go for it. I had all the clues but was never in the right mood to go hunting as there were too many other things to do here on FT! Then one day I was in the mood. I put the treasure in my sights and I had it within half an hour smile

Wow, Tizzabelle. That must be some kind of record. Jakeroo, do not be ashamed! I had all fo teh clues for years before I finally was able to get the treasure, and all because of a typo, but in any case, even without that, it was days and days of trying.

It was a wonderful torture and so much fun to finally get!

Sue

#804354 - Mon Jun 25 2012 04:11 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: shuehorn]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I'm not letting Tizz get all the glory, I got mine rather quickly. I sat down one afternoon, read all the clues in order, mixed and matched appropriately, then did what they told me. The last task (I'm not telling Mehaul what that was, lol) took me longer than it might have done for reasons I'm not telling (because Mehaul might notice) but it was pretty straightforward really and bingo! I'd say twenty minutes. wink

#804378 - Mon Jun 25 2012 07:59 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: flopsymopsy]
rossian Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
It's a while since I won this badge, but my recollection is that it wasn't that hard once I'd gathered all the clues. The last part varies in difficulty, if I remember correctly but I'm saying no more.

#804386 - Mon Jun 25 2012 08:42 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: rossian]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

As I recall, I had no exact time like that.... I worked on the treasure constantly as I got each individual clue. I would do a step, work on the next step, and wait for clues to find the next clue, I do recall that I was the 16th person to get the treasure, though. :P

#804442 - Mon Jun 25 2012 02:30 PM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: salami_swami]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

well, good for you then. I was in the top 496. The only part I really remember (as Sue said) was that there was a sense of satisfaction when it was over (shortly replaced by "what am I going to do now?" lol).

#804749 - Wed Jun 27 2012 08:48 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: Jakeroo]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
I found the treasure this morning! Unfortunately I'm not anywhere closer to actually getting it than I was before I found it because I'm still missing a few key clues and it moved on to another location in the meantime. Oh well...the quest continues.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Jun 27 2012 08:49 AM)

#804751 - Wed Jun 27 2012 08:54 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: kaddarsgirl]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
I found the treasure this morning! Unfortunately I'm not anywhere closer to actually getting it than I was before I found it because I'm still missing a few key clues and it moved on to another location in the meantime. Oh well...the quest continues.

I found it when I went for Endurance (it must be over a year ago now), but hadn't started trying for the Treasure. I'm now missing a few clues, but I have most of them and have completed some tasks.

~(_8(I)

#804762 - Wed Jun 27 2012 10:29 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: AdamM7]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
I actually had the clues to find it. I knew exactly where to look for the treasure chest. I just couldn't get it when I got there, though I am "worthy", because there are tasks I have yet to complete. I just don't know how to complete them yet because of my missing clues. The good part is that I know how to find it and get it again once I fill in the missing pieces of my puzzle.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Jun 27 2012 10:46 AM)

#804765 - Wed Jun 27 2012 10:41 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: kaddarsgirl]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
And you are sure it exists because you found it already! smile

#804767 - Wed Jun 27 2012 10:42 AM Re: FunTrivia Treasure [Re: shuehorn]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Except... the next time you look it might have moved...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Terry