Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#803446 - Wed Jun 20 2012 02:28 PM Suggestions please
kana205 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Alabama USA       
Can you guys give me some book suggestions for books like Ther Hunger Games or Twilight. Thank you

#803454 - Wed Jun 20 2012 02:42 PM Re: Suggestions please [Re: kana205]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
You might like the "Gone" series by Michael Grant -

"The series is centered around the fictional Californian town of Perdido Beach. Every human 15 and older vanishes, and the town and surrounding areas (later named the FAYZ) are encased within an impenetrable bubble. Many of the people and wildlife develop supernatural powers." (from the Wikipedia page)

Or "Vampire Academy" by Richelle Mead.

"It tells the story of Rose Hathaway, a seventeen-year-old Dhampir girl, who is training to be a bodyguard for her Moroi best friend, Vasilisa "Lissa" Dragomir. In the process of learning how to defeat Strigoi (the evil undead vampires) in St. Vladimir's Academy, Rose finds herself caught in a forbidden romance with her instructor, Dimitri Belikov, while having an unbreakable bond with Lissa." (from wiki)

If you liked the premise of "The Hunger Games", you could try "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami, or "The Long Walk" by Richard Bachman/Steven King - they've got the same theme of young people in a deadly competition.

#803456 - Wed Jun 20 2012 02:45 PM Re: Suggestions please [Re: agony]
kana205 Offline
Explorer

Thank You i will look for those books.

#803462 - Wed Jun 20 2012 03:35 PM Re: Suggestions please [Re: kana205]
jabb5076 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia USA
There are so many wonderful YA novels out there that I could ramble on for hours about terrific books to read. My suggestion is to go to Amazon, pull up a book like Hunger Games, and check out the twenty or so pages of similar YA novels that you can see running horizontally along the bottom of the page. Read a few reviews and you'll find many books that will likely appeal to you.

#803629 - Thu Jun 21 2012 11:26 AM Re: Suggestions please [Re: jabb5076]
kana205 Offline
Explorer

Thank you for the tips.

Moderator:  LeoDaVinci, ren33, TabbyTom