Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#800750 - Fri Jun 08 2012 03:40 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: LadyCaitriona]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
That's always a nice boost, LadyC smile

Same old same old with me with weight. I have a sore knee at the moment - I really should get it checked out as it's been a good few weeks. Have been busy farmwise but want to get back into the exercise but will need to get the knee sorted.
I'm a bit worried it's somethign like arthritis as my knuckles have a similar pain. Uhoh. I'm FAR too young for that! wink

#801002 - Sun Jun 10 2012 07:28 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: LadyCaitriona]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Did another 20,000 day yesterday, just exceeding it by 32 this time, but dropped another 2½ this week to sit at 18 stone 7 pounds. I've dropped 40½ total now.

Edited by dg_dave (Sun Jun 10 2012 07:49 AM)

#801472 - Tue Jun 12 2012 02:52 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I enjoyed myself over the Jubilee four-day weekend, but got straight back on the "diet wagon" on the Wednesday. Extremely happy with a quarter of pound loss in two weeks (I am pretty sure I would have a gain if I hadn't started immediately smile ) making me Nine stone eleven pounds laugh

#802630 - Sun Jun 17 2012 10:47 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Did yet another 20,000 day yesterday, and smoked my record of 20,325 (ended at 22,513), and dropped another 2½ this week to sit at 18 stone 4½ pounds. That's 43 off since December 1!

edit to add: I hit ten out of eleven leaves yesterday on the counter too!

Edited by dg_dave (Sun Jun 17 2012 10:55 AM)

#803193 - Tue Jun 19 2012 02:30 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Gex France
Dave, you are amazing! I don't know how you do it. You must walk for hours.

The first week with FitBit I managed one 7,000+ day, but other than that it was pretty slow. I didn't always remember to wear it and, as we are still sorting through our accumulated papers and clutter, I was sitting a lot. The counter made me realize just how few steps I take in a day when I don't make a special effort to walk.

Then Thursday we headed to London for a quick visit to see my son and his girlfriend. The first day of touring I hit 11,000+ steps and 27 flights of stairs. The next two days were about the same. My feet and legs were in agony, but I was pleased to see the numbers on the counter mounting up. It almost made the pain worthwhile (stress on almost). I was eager to load the results up to the website, but didn't have access to my regular computer. That's when I had the not so bright idea of downloading the counter software onto my husband's laptop so I could synch during my trip. To my dismay, it synced but only after wiping out everything in the counter's memory. I was so discouraged that I forgot to wear the counter on the last day, so none of my London walking counted.

Back home, I could hardly move today, so I was back under 2,000 steps.

I will be pleased if I can start averaging 9,000-10,000 per day, but do not see myself ever hitting 20,000 per day unless I find some miracle shoes.

I didn't weigh last week, but think that the walking at least avoided weight gain from the lovely Lebanese, Indian and Persian meals we had, not to mention a pub lunch and some fish and chips.

Edited by pitegny (Tue Jun 19 2012 02:31 PM)

#803196 - Tue Jun 19 2012 03:27 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: pitegny]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Originally Posted By: pitegny
Dave, you are amazing! I don't know how you do it. You must walk for hours.

Saturday, I went and had some maintenance done on my car, and the closest place to eat (it was about 1:15pm) is about 1.2 miles away. That adds about 2,500 steps each way, or about 5,000 total. By the time I got my car back, as I had done quite a bit of moving at work (was already over 5,000 steps by then), the counter had me over 11,000. I then went that evening (after about a 4½ hour break) and walked at Galleria Dallas. By the time I left there about 9pm, I was already over 20,000.

Originally Posted By: pitegny
I will be pleased if I can start averaging 9,000-10,000 per day, but do not see myself ever hitting 20,000 per day unless I find some miracle shoes.

I remember the first time I did 20,000, my feet hurt, but this past Saturday, they were actually doing fine, and at one point, the counter had said I was at 9.6 miles, so I was determined to hit 10 miles.

#804007 - Sat Jun 23 2012 02:31 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Down another .6 kg this week, not bad given the London meals.

I am still sitting way too much. I am doing volunteer screening for a human rights fellowship that has me sitting for really long stretches answering queries from potential candidates and dealing with problems.

FT is also a little to blame. I did the Great Race which had me at my computer for long stretches. I want to go for the endurance badge soon which means there will be almost zero walking that day. But, I wouldn't be in this chat forum if it weren't for my love of trivia.

Even a twenty minute walk doesn't get me above 3,000, so I am going to have to get more serious if I want to earn more counter leaves.

Copago, I hope your knee is better.

#804189 - Sun Jun 24 2012 08:02 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: pitegny]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Been a bit under the weather this week, but wasn't hit that hard until yesterday (I slept a lot in the middle of the afternoon), but dropped another 2½ this week to 18 stone 2 pounds. That's 45½ pounds since the beginning.

I didn't get my Saturday walk in, mainly because I felt so bad. I feel a lot better today, but most of the malls close at 6 (one is open until 7).

Edited by dg_dave (Sun Jun 24 2012 08:03 AM)

#804631 - Tue Jun 26 2012 02:25 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Sorry to hear you were ill.

My Fitbit experience is temporarily on hold. I was walking with it on the weekend and had not attached it properly. It fell off and I am not sure where. I keep picturing it lying abandoned and flashing "Hi LBR walk me". I don't want to buy another one until I am sure it is gone for good. We had little kids here on the weekend and it may be lurking somewhere in the grass where we were playing with them, but so far no sign of it.

#804632 - Tue Jun 26 2012 02:54 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: JaneMarple]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Originally Posted By: JaneMarple
I enjoyed myself over the Jubilee four-day weekend, but got straight back on the "diet wagon" on the Wednesday. Extremely happy with a quarter of pound loss in two weeks (I am pretty sure I would have a gain if I hadn't started immediately smile ) making me Nine stone eleven pounds laugh

Rather disappointed as for the last two weeks I've been Nine Stone twelve and a half pounds frown And I've been really good too! Never mind, a new week ahead smile
Good luck to all with their weight loss this coming week!

Edited by JaneMarple (Tue Jun 26 2012 02:54 PM)

#805646 - Sun Jul 01 2012 09:34 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: JaneMarple]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Maybe last Saturday's missed walk didn't help. No change this week. Hope to drop again next week.

#807179 - Sat Jul 07 2012 03:15 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Sorry to be so absent. The volunteer task I have taken on is taking far more time that projected because we had nearly triple the number of applicants expected. Sign of the hard economic times. I have been glued to my computer nearly all day every day this past week screening applications. I took time out to celebrate the 4th of July with a barbecue for French friends. We even set off firecrackers, which must have had the other neighbours wondering. It was the first time in our 30+ years in France that we have done this, largely because both of us were always working on the 4th.

Down .2 kg this week. If only typing on a keyboard would absorb more calories! I am doing this about as slowly as the slugs that creep out each night to feast on my basil and other herbs.

On the positive side I am keeping off what I have lost and slowly, slowly, slowly creeping down the weight chart. At this rate, I definitely will need to live to a ripe old age to see it all come off.

The FitBit has not resurfaced, so am mulling over whether to splurge and get another.

My one other highlight this week was receiving a traffic fine in the mail for an infraction committed in Paris by a car with my licence plate number. It wasn't the same model car, mine is a Toyota, the offender a Fiat. We had to go to the police to declare the problem. It is current enough that they even have a category for false use of car identity plates. We now have to go to the office that issues plates to get new registration papers, order new plates and change the info with our insurance company. We also have to write to the national authorities to declare that the car was not mine and that I have never driven in Paris. I had heard stories about this on the news, but did not think it would happen to me.

Edited by pitegny (Sat Jul 07 2012 03:16 AM)

#807463 - Sun Jul 08 2012 10:13 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: pitegny]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

I guess I may need to change things up a bit. No change again this week. frown

#807842 - Tue Jul 10 2012 12:39 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Hi Dave,
Don't get discouraged! You have lost an amazing amount of weight these past six months. Hitting a few plateaus is normal. Even the Tour de France cycling race takes a few pause days.

I read an interesting article from the Mayo Clinic on diet plateaus - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152 - The first page talks about why and the second page gives tips. Although one of their suggestions is that you increase activity and I cannot imagine more than 20,000 steps in a day! What they are saying about shifting to more muscle-building activity makes a lot of sense.

#808855 - Sun Jul 15 2012 10:52 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: pitegny]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Didn't change my routine this past week, and dropped 2½ this week to sit at 17 st 13½ pounds. That's now 48 since the get-go, and only about 3 stone to go! I think this is the first time I've been under 18 stone since working where I do now.

Edit to add: I played the Wii yesterday, and when I was at my heaviest, I was huffing and puffing after about 10 minutes. I played 24 yesterday without a huff or a puff.

Edited by dg_dave (Sun Jul 15 2012 10:53 AM)

#809089 - Mon Jul 16 2012 08:11 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Congratulations! I think the Wii experience is even more exciting than actual weight loss. It definitely shows that you are getting healthy.

I am still slugging away - down .3 last week.

#809329 - Tue Jul 17 2012 11:30 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: pitegny]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Sigh, I seem to have hit a plateau (not a gateau laugh ) lately. I've been really, really good, and still only nine stone eleven and a quarter pounds frown It's a special little boy's birthday over the weekend, so going to have to be ultra good until Friday, enjoy myself until Sunday, then back on the "diet wagon" on Monday smile

#810161 - Sun Jul 22 2012 10:07 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Not as much of a drop, but still a drop of 1½ this week to sit at 17 st 12 pounds.

#810211 - Sun Jul 22 2012 04:52 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Dave, it sounds good to me! Keep up the good work. It is great that you are getting near your goal.

Jane, hope that it was a lovely birthday celebration - with a gateau!

I caved in and had ice cream for dessert three times this week. It was delicious, but the combination of that and sitting at the computer all week on my volunteer job cost me .7 kg. Funny how it goes up so much quicker than it descends. I'll try again this week.

#811431 - Sun Jul 29 2012 10:26 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: pitegny]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Dropped another 2 this week to tip the scales at 17 st 10 pounds. The person that cuts my hair noticed that my stomach isn't near as big as it once was, but after over 50 pounds dropped now, it's not hard to notice. I am the lightest I've been in almost four years.

#812998 - Sun Aug 05 2012 10:17 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Another two off this week to sit at 17 st 8 pounds. I have about 2½ st to go!

#813361 - Tue Aug 07 2012 02:27 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

My diet schedule has been a little "iffy" but finally back into gear, I'm now nine stone twelve and half pounds If I could get to about nine and a half ... or, even better, nine stone! ... for Christmas, I'd be very happy smile

#814147 - Fri Aug 10 2012 03:29 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: JaneMarple]
pitegny Offline
Forum Adept

Great news Dave and Jane.

Sorry to be so absent. No loss or gain in my last weigh in. I have been glued to my computer between my volunteer project and planning for a kitchen makeover (After seventeen years of not touching anything in the house, we have a lot to tackle.)

I know I have to get serious again, but am finding it difficult to motivate myself these days. Hopefully I'll begin to show progress again soon.

#814658 - Sun Aug 12 2012 10:49 AM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: pitegny]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Just one off this week to fall to 17½ st. Getting closer to my goal!

#815780 - Thu Aug 16 2012 09:07 PM Re: Weigh-In 2012! [Re: dg_dave]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Mid-week update: broke the 55 pound loss barrier today!

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong