Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#809151 - Mon Jul 16 2012 02:36 PM U.S. Big Brother 14
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Southeastern Connecticut USA
Well it's that time of year again and another season of "Big Brother" has begun. One of the twists this year is the coaches. Former "Big Brother" houseguests, Janelle, Dan, Britney, and Mike "Boogie" are back as coaches. Each coach picks 3 of the new houseguests to be part of there team. If one of there teammates ends up winning it all, that coach will win $100,000. I don't know if anyone wants to talk about the show while it's going on, online feeds, forums, "BB After Dark". If you do I could make a separate thread for that.

#809156 - Mon Jul 16 2012 03:20 PM Re: U.S. Big Brother 14
StarfishTwo Online   FT-cool

Loc: East Tennessee USA      
In previous years, we've had a spoilers thread since the feeds give advance info folks might not want to know. Every year, I wonder if that's necessary. I end up going back and forth between the two threads, trying to decide what's a spoiler and what isn't. And it has seemed that most everyone who's interested "spoils" themselves by reading online articles anyway. Would anyone like to weigh in on whether we need a separate spoiler thread this year?

#809298 - Tue Jul 17 2012 08:19 AM Re: U.S. Big Brother 14
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Given the huge traffic flow on this thread I don't think it will be much of an issue smile. I'll occasionally look up what happens ahead of time online when there is an endurance HOH competition and I don't feel like waiting until Sunday to find out who wins. I won't say anything in advance if no one wants to know.

#809468 - Wed Jul 18 2012 05:09 AM Re: U.S. Big Brother 14

Eventually, we will get SOME traffic, but it's never been a hugely popular topic around here.

I find it very difficult to discuss the show because I do have the feeds and many times the things that are topical for the show viewers have changed completely by the time the show airs.

#809702 - Wed Jul 18 2012 09:35 PM Re: U.S. Big Brother 14
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Well the first week of the season is almost over and it seems like Boogie is just digging his own grave. Between intimidating Britney and trying to get Janelle to go after Dan's team I think Boogie's teammates will be easy targets for a while. Although he's quite entertaining it's pretty obvious that he's nothing without the great Dr. Will.

#810321 - Mon Jul 23 2012 09:21 AM Re: U.S. Big Brother 14
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Yikes-ola! Such drama last night! I gotta say it: despite his lack of "game" and completely bold loose cannon behavior? I was sorry to see Willie go, especially the way he did it. Ninja-ish? Really tongue? I really really think he had some street-smart forethought, however, as far as I tend to suspect this season will travel. Either the coaches WILL end up in the game -or- they'll start shifting team members around to keep it fair in numbers. As in ---> Dan can't really be expected to do anything much with just one member on his team, can he? That it's Danielle (such a fluffy thing, so far) makes it even worse. Maybe they should send him packing, and move her to another team? Dunno. But Willie was correct, in my opinion, that [bottom line] it's ultimately "every man for himself". The heck with the coaches! Naturally, I can think of more than several former players that would have likely been much more interesting mentors (not that it matters, now). But we're stuck with these four ~ and I can't really see where one's performing any better than the other three. Boogie is annoying (imagine that?). Janelle is aloof and doesn't get to excel (constantly) in challenges (yawn!). Dan is scrambling, juggling bashful blondes and Southern belles? Britney seems like the same old Britney: likable, but always with that "deer in the headlights" thing going on. I, for one, haven't cozied to any of the houseguests yet (so much camera time on the TV version has been about Willie and Frank ... the others have been a mere footnote). Maybe with Thor/Willie gone the others will flesh out a bit more, and a bit sooner? That seems inevitable. To me, the most intriguing player is Wil. Am I the only one who is nearly convinced that he is a pre-op transsexual? I say that meaning no disrespect to him whatsoever, either. It certainly would make for one of Big Brother's infamous 'reveals' as things go. Not that it'd be much of a revelation, at least not from my seat. Ian aggravates me. In my head he is just a cliche ... this season's irritating nerd. If I had to pick two who look like they might go the distance, this early on? I'm liking Ashley and Joe. Both seem, for some reason, watchworthy. At any rate, though? Goodbye, Willie. Crazy as it is to say so, this viewer will miss your firecracker-like self. As we speak, however, he's more than likely auditioning for "The Amazing Race" ....

#810339 - Mon Jul 23 2012 10:24 AM Re: U.S. Big Brother 14
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Man oh man that was quite the show last night. Although Willie deserved to go home for what he did, I'm sure there was more that didn't air, I understand why he became so angry. It doesn't help when your own coach is pretty much disowning you and tells you just to give up. Joe was also a huge factor in this. Not only did he instigate the fight, he was also the one that started the rumor that Willie made fun of Wil which led to the big Frank vs. Willie blowup. I can't stand Joe, he's loud, obnoxious, and should've of been thrown out for starting the fight. Many people are signing an online petition to the show to get rid of him but I doubt they'll do anything about that. I have a feeling that as soon as a coach loses all of their players, they will enter the game as a player. It would be quite interesting if a coach ends up winning it all.

#810480 - Tue Jul 24 2012 04:53 AM Re: U.S. Big Brother 14

That seemed like a very abbreviated explanation they gave last night for Willie's exit from the house. They gave that...what?...3 minutes of the show? Remember when Chima got expelled? They must have spent 30 minutes on that one. Anyway, yes, Joe was the one who started that whole rumor about Willie mocking Wil, which eventually turned into mocking homosexuals. In truth, it wasn't mocking at all. All Willie did was repeat something Wil had said while mimicking his voice. (Interestingly, not 15 minutes ago, Wil was sitting in the back yard making fun of Joe behind his back, while mimicking his voice...) The whole thing was just Joe trying to stir up crap in the house. Granted, Willie's eventual meltdown was over-the-top. They showed very little of what really happened on the show. The feeds were cut as soon as the whole thing started, but according to the houseguests, Willie kicked the Have-Not door several times, threw pork rinds at Janelle and called her the c-word, and head-butted Joe 4 times. (Ian has saved those pork rinds for future sale on eBay.)

Having Willie as HOH the first week made for one of the best first weeks on the feeds ever. These people were gaming from the moment they woke up in the morning until they crashed at night. Now with Willie gone, it's frankly been a bit boring.

Lots of speculation about whether the coaches will enter the game. Foremost is the thought that Jury begins the week that 9 players are left in the game (7 for Jury and 2 for Final 2) ~ and at this moment there are 9 players left in the game. Are we really going to start sending people to Jury after 2 weeks of gameplay? Considering we usually have a double eviction and then still have 3 players left in the house the last week of the game, that means if nothing is changed, this show will be over in 5 more weeks.

Dropping the coaches into the game seems vastly unfair to the newbies, considering the coaches have been immune for eviction up to that point. But Big Brother has never been concerned with fairness. Rumor has it that last year, Alison Grodner guaranteed all the vets that they would make it to Jury, which is why we got "America's Vote" and Brendon came back into the game.

Only time will tell -- expect the unexpected, right?

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong