Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 21 of 47 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46 47 >
Topic Options
#820674 - Mon Sep 03 2012 08:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: triviaking162]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
I agree with triviaking and flopsymopsy. It has been great testing out this new feature. You all are in for something great when it gets released to everyone!

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Mon Sep 03 2012 08:21 PM)

#820677 - Mon Sep 03 2012 10:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Agreed. And, like Flopsy, I haven't doon much the last couple of days. Holidays and whatnot. Back tomorrow to regular schedule.

#820680 - Mon Sep 03 2012 10:47 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: salami_swami]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
I agree, and haven't done much because of work, researching a certain animal, and having just discovered Need For Speed. :-P But I haven't been playing, oh no, definitely not. laugh

#820733 - Tue Sep 04 2012 05:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Mariamir]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
LOL, you've got to be kidding, Terry. My "difficult" challenge for today is not completely impossible but if you only knew how much hair I tore out achieving that target the first time round you wouldn't ask me to do it again!

I'm not saying what it is to protect innocent, non-testing, normal people who might steal a look in here. wink

#820739 - Tue Sep 04 2012 06:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: flopsymopsy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Flopsy, I did that one once, and it was complete luck. I didn't even read.

#820757 - Tue Sep 04 2012 08:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Yeah, that one's definitely coming up way too often, especially since it also interferes with some players' long-term goals (ELO). Terry, any chance to reduce the frequency of this particular challenge to about a quarter of what it is now?

By the way, the variants of "Play GC Impossible and score..." also seem to be very frequent. Maybe knock those down a bit as well.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Tue Sep 04 2012 08:40 AM)

#820758 - Tue Sep 04 2012 09:05 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: WesleyCrusher]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
Yeah, that one's definitely coming up way too often, especially since it also interferes with some players' long-term goals (ELO). Terry, any chance to reduce the frequency of this particular challenge to about a quarter of what it is now?

By the way, the variants of "Play GC Impossible and score..." also seem to be very frequent. Maybe knock those down a bit as well.

Yeah, I have one of those GC Impossible challenges today.

Just flicked through our challenge pages...three people have flopsy's Difficult challenge. That is definitely a lot.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 04 2012 09:15 AM)

#820766 - Tue Sep 04 2012 11:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Back after a good labor day weekend. Will have to catch up on these messages and get back to adding stuff.

The play GC should be no more probable than anything else... it's entirely randomized with everything else... strange. Will have to check the randomize function.

Im thinking I should remove the "score 0" challenge altogether. We can keep it as a badgelet, but I dont think it's that fun to keep it in there as a daily challenge.

#820769 - Tue Sep 04 2012 11:07 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

How about to turn it around and make it a mini Obscure Researcher. Score 12 or better in 300 secs.

#820774 - Tue Sep 04 2012 11:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: WesleyCrusher]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

I like Wesley's idea... Getting 12/15 is much more doable on any given day and it's probably more satisfying as a challenge - I actually got the 0 badgelet very soon after it was launched but some people found it very frustrating and took days (and days!) over it. Probably better within the scope of this challenge to set more achievable targets - don't want to drive them away out of sheer frustration, lol.

#820775 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: flopsymopsy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Changed to 12/15. It drops down to 280 seconds for you super high levs wink

#820778 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:12 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: flopsymopsy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Removed the difficult version of Impossible!, so there are only 2 challenges of that type in there now.

#820780 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: triviaking162]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

"I bought a challenge that said to get 10/10 in the easy game in under 32 seconds. Last hour I got 10/10 in under 32 seconds and I didnt get credit. I think it was 27 seconds. The category was music. I really want to buy another!"

Triviaking -- do you remember if this was easy / medium / difficult? I'd like to reassign that to everyone to test it out.

#820782 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:16 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
"You've found a box of old photographs. Score at least 8 answers correct in 4 of the following photo quizzes."

There's no mention in this task of "You may retake quizzes you have not played within the last 30 days". Is that not important to add with picture quizzes.

It also doesn't look like it is set up this way as I retook a quiz I took two weeks ago and got credit for it. I wanted to check to see if it was counted or not, and it was, so I'm just wondering if it is actually supposed to be, or not?

In any "list of quizzes" challenge, the number of days since last play is ignored.

Edited by Terry (Tue Sep 04 2012 12:23 PM)

#820784 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: salami_swami]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: salami_swami
What is more, since it is my own quiz, I cannot play it. I tried to play it, and I did not get a green check. Also, it did not mark it with a red x. The quiz is virtually unplayable; so it might as well not even be on the list.

Fixed. This will no longer give your own quizzes.

#820786 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
Today I have a set of 27 quizzes of which I have to play 20, scoring 7 or more correct. I have played 2 of them within the last month, so I won't be able to play those quizzes to complete today's challenge. If there were a larger pool of quizzes to chose from I wouldn't say this was a problem, but it now means that I only have 5 spare quizzes instead of 7 with which to complete the challenge. I know salami mentioned getting your own quizzes in a list as being a problem because it makes your pool smaller. Is there something that can be done about quizzes you've played in the last 30 days that can be built into the system as well, so that all the quizzes listed for the challenge are eligible for the checkmark?

No. If you are given a list of quizzes, you are eligible to play them and score them for the challenge. What happens is that when the system chooses your 20 quizzes, it deletes any short-term record of you having played them.

Edited by Terry (Tue Sep 04 2012 12:22 PM)

#820789 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Terry
No. If you are given a list of quizzes, you are eligible to play them and score them for the challenge. What happens is that when the system chooses your 20 quizzes, it deletes any short-term record of you having played them.

Okay. I didn't actually have time to play any of them that day. I'd just noticed that I'd played some in the recent past, and wasn't sure why they'd shown up in the list. Thanks for clarifying.

#820791 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:28 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Changed to 12/15. It drops down to 280 seconds for you super high levs wink

Gee thanks, you're so thoughtful. wink

#820793 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: flopsymopsy]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

12/280 challenge works for me. (As in, took it, passed and it scores). (Also as in, looks great).

#820795 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:38 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: WesleyCrusher]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I just got credit for 12 or better in 300 seconds with a score of 2. That's not right. The best I have done today is 7/15.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 04 2012 12:39 PM)

#820798 - Tue Sep 04 2012 12:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Oops fixed!

#820813 - Tue Sep 04 2012 01:26 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

I just bought a challenge I'd already completed earlier. It's a challenge relating to a game I've always hated but was made to attempt when I first started doing the testing... since when I've been doing quite well. So thanks for the shove. smile

By my calculation I need about another 2-3 weeks to get the next badge so if you wouldn't mind keeping this challenge in testing mode for that long - only I don't want to get killed in the rush. wink

#820822 - Tue Sep 04 2012 01:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: flopsymopsy]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Terry, if you can send me the table dump for the categories (just parent;child;name in an ASCII file), I can start on tuning the category scavengers in earnest. Three groups (separate category lists for each scavenger, e.g. "Take 6 specific Musicals, 12 English and 12 of everything else" in Humanities) should do fine to get a balanced, interesting subset with a good mix of specialized and general out of most categories, a few might require 4 or 5 to do really well but if query count is a problem I can do with 3 for those at a slight quality loss as well. Single lists don't yield really good results for most places, even those that don't have the "specialization " problem, due to the predominance of some topics. For example, an unsegmented Religion set would be almost 90% Bible/Christian, but I'd set the target for a well rounded scavenger closer to 60-70% to add variety. (I did most of the analysis for the critical ones already, so the work is really translating them out into category lists)

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Tue Sep 04 2012 02:56 PM)

#820824 - Tue Sep 04 2012 02:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
triviaking162 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: New York USA
"I bought a challenge that said to get 10/10 in the easy game in under 32 seconds. Last hour I got 10/10 in under 32 seconds and I didnt get credit. I think it was 27 seconds. The category was music. I really want to buy another!"

Triviaking -- do you remember if this was easy / medium / difficult? I'd like to reassign that to everyone to test it out.

Medium, I believe.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

#820969 - Wed Sep 05 2012 09:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: triviaking162]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I keep getting "Time to be creative! Come up with X trivia questions to add to our pool, in X different categories." as one of my challenges, but I don't see many of the other testers getting them (don't recall seeing any actually). This is the 4th are 5th time I've gotten it. Is this unusual or am I just missing when other people are issued the challenge?

Page 21 of 47 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46 47 >

Moderator:  Terry