Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 27 of 47 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 46 47 >
Topic Options
#822756 - Wed Sep 12 2012 03:28 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Awarded retroactively, that's good. I cannot attempt the other one, so someone else will have to see if it works. :P

#822858 - Wed Sep 12 2012 06:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: salami_swami]
triviaking162 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: New York USA
Are we going to get different epics tomorrow? I don't know if I'll get any of mine today (but I guess that's why they are EPIC wink )

Edited by triviaking162 (Wed Sep 12 2012 06:53 PM)

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

#822879 - Wed Sep 12 2012 08:17 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: triviaking162]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
I'll add a couple more tomorrow, and reassign those from today in case anyone wants to try em.

#822890 - Wed Sep 12 2012 08:36 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Terry
I'll add a couple more tomorrow, and reassign those from today in case anyone wants to try em.

I'd like to try them again smile The second one was kind of tough to do after since they were added later today, so another chance at it will be good. They look great so far!

#822902 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Ok Wes, am adding the first 2 minibadges to the challenge section.

#822909 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Ok Wes, am adding the first 2 minibadges to the challenge section.

I like how they look! What are the 8 colored flags going to be? Looks like orange, blue, and black so far...

#822911 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Added an area for daily challenges before Retired challenges

#822914 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:35 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Great looking! So, if we complete them in testing, do we get 'em? Or wait till it is open to all and sundry?

#822915 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Mariamir]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
This is awesome, Terry! Imagine the suspense we are putting the other players through. ;-). We're close to having this thing done, I can taste it. smile

#822916 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Mariamir
Great looking! So, if we complete them in testing, do we get 'em? Or wait till it is open to all and sundry?

I think it would be a little unfair for us to keep them from testing. Since we don't have to purchase them and we get multiple chances...at least for the ones we got today.

#822917 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Yeah, I agree, just wondering...besides, anyhow, I'm not going to get either of mine today. :-P

#822921 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I won't be getting them either. Looks like Wes and Salami are though!! I fully intend on getting the "Scoring" one tomorrow, if we're replaying them. I doubt I'll get the other one though, considering how my performance today went (and the one I got credit for was at 3am)...

On the bright side, it appears that I will be completing my Difficult challenge at the end of the day today as I'm currently ranked 1st in my GC "For Children" set laugh

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Sep 12 2012 10:46 PM)

#822925 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

I won't add the badge awarding code in til the very end, so no, you guys wont get any badgelets smile

#822927 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
I fully intend on getting the "Scoring" one tomorrow, if we're replaying them. I doubt I'll get the other one though, considering how my performance today

Same here! Even used my Change a category Expert, promptly forgot and slept through it, and then after placing second in one category, used my precious Mulligan and dropped even lower! :-P

But on the bright side, I got my Daily Game one, and the epics are actually the most fun ones.

#822928 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I won't add the badge awarding code in til the very end, so no, you guys wont get any badgelets smile

That's really the only fair way to do it, Terry. But knowing that I can complete them certainly will make me feel better when I actually get them in the game!

#822930 - Wed Sep 12 2012 10:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Same here! Even used my Change a category Expert, promptly forgot and slept through it, and then after placing second in one category, used my precious Mulligan and dropped even lower! :-P

But on the bright side, I got my Daily Game one, and the epics are actually the most fun ones.

I changed the Future to "Greek Myth" which I've tried for several times without success. I almost slept through it, as it didn't appear until 3am, but I managed to stay awake and I ended up beating 60 people to earn my 13th Expert win smile

I've only used my Mulligan once, I keep forgetting about it. It actually moved me up 2 spots the one time I DID use it, which allowed me to win a daily challenge weeks ago (comment's on one of the earlier pages in this thread I believe).

Not even close on my Medium Challenge today. It's a bit difficult, considering I've only ever played the "Easier" game. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess. No cigar this time.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Sep 12 2012 11:02 PM)

#822933 - Wed Sep 12 2012 11:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Did the "Scorer" requirement change sometime today, or am I seeing things? I could have sworn it looked harder the first time I saw it today...

#822934 - Wed Sep 12 2012 11:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Did the "Scorer" requirement change sometime today, or am I seeing things? I could have sworn it looked harder the first time I saw it today...

Yep, earlier it was...hrm...harder. :-P

#822935 - Wed Sep 12 2012 11:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Mariamir]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Yeah, made it a little more accessible, considering that people will likely get it in the middle of the day sometime on average.

#822936 - Wed Sep 12 2012 11:18 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Yeah, made it a little more accessible, considering that people will likely get it in the middle of the day sometime on average.

Cool. Good to know I'm not going insane wink With the new set up it corresponds to something else too, whereas it really didn't before, so that's a plus too I think.

P.S. Being vague for the sake of "secrecy" from the general public, and still having stuff make sense to the testers who are "in-the-know" is really hard.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Sep 12 2012 11:21 PM)

#822937 - Wed Sep 12 2012 11:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

P.S. Being vague for the sake of "secrecy" from the general public, and still having stuff make sense to the the testers who are "in-the-know" is really hard.

Quite! That's why I said what I did and finished the rest in PM...:-P

Edit: Speaking of which, that link there in the first post in this thread, can anyone go to it? Because the epics are shown from that link...

Edited by Mariamir (Wed Sep 12 2012 11:22 PM)

#822938 - Wed Sep 12 2012 11:24 PM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Edit: Speaking of which, that link there in the first post in this thread, can anyone go to it? Because the epics are shown from that link...

I actually tested that the first week! (I logged out of my account and, as a Guest, I attempted to access the page, just because I was curious what would happen smile )

And the answer is no, clicking the link without being a tester just sends you to an error page.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Sep 12 2012 11:30 PM)

#822965 - Thu Sep 13 2012 04:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: Terry]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      

If this means the middle of the FT day, then all those over here will be at a serious disadvantage because by that time we'll be making/eating dinner and there'll only be a couple of hours left before bedtime. (At least for 'normal' people who go to work/school.)

#822977 - Thu Sep 13 2012 05:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: flopsymopsy]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Flopsy, essentially it's your playing day, whichever way you're structuring it around the FT day. You'll get the challenge after some (more or less) activity on the site as you at least needed to do some others first and thus you will be less prepared than if you were doing an Endurance run where you plan it out first thing in the morning.

#823005 - Thu Sep 13 2012 06:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Testing Thread [Re: WesleyCrusher]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Hmm. Well, assuming I've understood you correctly, if you're monitoring my activity on the site I have a problem - because I don't play most team games, or much else, until late evening here. So if I have to do those first, I'm never going to see the Epics until it's too late to complete them. And that would also apply to people who go out to work and do their main FT stint after dinner.

If I have a challenge that involves my getting to X position Y number of times then I need a fairly long period in which to achieve that because of the random way game topics are served up. If Y=2 then I might need more than 8 hours to get it, even with luck and a following wind. But if I only have 3 hours because of when the challenge is issued, I wouldn't have a hope.

Page 27 of 47 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 46 47 >

Moderator:  Terry