Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#822944 - Thu Sep 13 2012 12:49 AM UFO'S
george48 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ottawa
  Ontario Canada   
O.K., Let me make this clear, i think that alien abductions and ufo's are the stuff of fiction, with no basis in reality, the product of overheated imaginations and just perhaps experienced by people with just a touch of the fey, in the same category as talking with your cat and seeing little people.
Which makes me, one of the above perhaps, because last night i saw something that is making me wonder if what i saw was something otherworldly or i'm a bit touched myself.
I was out for a long bike ride out in in the countryside today and i overextended myself and realized i wasn't going to make it home by dark, so i stopped by the side of the road and relaxed and watched the stars.
You don't realize how much light pollution there is in the cities until you spend a night in the country, but that's another story.
Anyhow, i was laying on my backpack and started recognizing the constellations, when my eye was caught by three stars? directly above me, when i saw them move, just a little at first and not in tandem, first one would move and then the other two would move together. At first i thought it was just a trick? of the light or perspective, but i was forced to reconsider.
Lest you think i was seeing a satellite or an airplane,i did see a couple of those as well, their movements are steady and in a straight line, these weren't. They were all over the place, first left, then right, up and down.
Actually, it was when it moved in tandem with the airplane that i got a shiver down my back. I watched the erratic movements for about 45 minutes, and since it was freaking me out a little bit, without a backwards glance i started for home.
I am tempted to go outside and look again, but i don't want to see them again.

There was nobody nearby to confirm what i saw, whatever it
was i did see.
What did i see?
Any body with a similiar story?

#822954 - Thu Sep 13 2012 02:42 AM Re: UFO'S [Re: george48]
Creedy Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: Coffs Harbour NSW Australia  
You're a brave man, George, admitting that.

But yes. My daughter and I had a much closer experience than that one night when we went up to the lookout to have fish and chips. Three orange lights appeared out over the ocean, zoomed in rapidly to where we (and several other cars) were parked, hovered above us long enough for my eyeballs to fall out - then turned and zoomed back over the ocean, where they suddenly disappeared.

They were round - like balls - and about the same size as our car or possibly a bit smaller. Lit with orange light. One was bigger than the others

The local radio station was swamped with calls from listeners all reporting the same sort of thing, but the announcer (in his cups incidentally and tittering frequently) tried to tell us all that they were weather balloons.

And that's as far as we got for any explanation from there, and the paper the following day etc.

Apparently weather balloons are now self-aware.

#823402 - Thu Sep 13 2012 05:07 PM Re: UFO'S [Re: Creedy]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
The whole essence of UFOs is no one is expected to believe in them without seeing one themselves. Then it's direct experience, although some of the films I've seen appeared too hard to fake not to imply they had been genuine, although I've seen a few weird things over the years without a camera handy, including one on a busy motorway on a sunny day. But as for abductions, I've been regressing subjects for 11 years now, and as they are all strangers to each other you wouldn't expect consistent material from the majority- scientific and technical information, psychic powers, names and locations, and as I've read widely on the subject and much was new to me doubt very much they all studied heavily just to con someone who didn't even have the ability to share the information as working with one other person not a newspaper. They were all random normal people with jobs and often families, and normally no previous interest in the subject. How people picked with absolutely no connections between them who then, often after decades, reveal to me for the first time information mainly to test their sanity without being genuine is very unlikely.

They often claim to be able to hear the aliens directly, and we have a list of tests to catch them out using standard police interview techniques, and I can't think of one who failed. I ask them questions of my own as part of the research, and they pretty much all agree that they refuse to engage with humanity as they both shoot down (or at least attempt to, that is on NATO record and I have copies of the orders here, verified by the Ministry of Defence officer directly, and go to war with each other. Offering us the chance to destroy each other even better with their technology is not something they will risk, and instead work with individuals, using a level of technology that guarantees to leave 100% lack of evidence. So instead it's one person at a time and will remain so without a miracle, as they are not meant to interfere with our progress and besides electricity are no different now as a race than the Romans, and we know what happened to them. None of this information is from me, but represents most of what I've been told by maybe 20 people independently over the last 10 years. When you keep hearing it over and over again it's pretty impossible to claim something real isn't happening, we just can't say what.

UN IPCC

#823502 - Fri Sep 14 2012 06:58 AM Re: UFO'S [Re: george48]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
George,

Quote:
At first i thought it was just a trick?

Maybe you could re-re-consider wink and go back to thinking it was a trick.

Once I was looking for Mir and staring for quite a while when a particularly bright 'star' suddenly darted a short distance and then began to move quite erratically. It spooked me, and I went home! It was suggested to me that it was merely my tired strained eyes. I couldn't understand how one star would be darting around while the others weren't moving at all but in hindsight I think I can buy the idea that my eyes played a trick on me.

You say you were resting after a bit of a work out. That must have some physical effect somewhere! How about if your blood pressure combined with staring too long made dots of light (impressions) stay on your retina (I am no biologist obviously, lol, but something like that).

If I stare for a while at a black & white image or a bright light, and then close my eyes, the image stays - and sometimes it stays long enough that it gets overlaid onto other things I look at, and sometimes the image slides around erratically as if it was sliding across my eyeball.

I am sure this isn't just me!! There are well-known tricks/illusions that exploit this, aren't there?

Could it explain what you saw?

#823539 - Fri Sep 14 2012 09:17 AM Re: UFO'S [Re: Chavs]
mehaul Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
'Stopped and relaxed by the side of the road' often is accompanied by pulling a stalk of a grass plant and absentmindedly chewing on the stem. If you'd done such an act and had the stem pointed upright, a ripe grain may have fallen off. If a grain was infected with the ergot fungus and was innocently ingested, visual tricks will ensue. The onset of the effects of ingesting that psychotropic is quite rapid. Just a suggestion as to how an unreal thing may come to be perceived. You might not even have had to chew on a stem to catch an infected grain. When people lie down in the open ground, they often settle on a grassy area to do it. Just the motion of settling into the grasses could have jarred a kernel loose and put it on a trajectory toward your mouth.
The subsequent actions you need to be wary of is leaving out food in your home for when the aliens make a return visit. All they really want is a free meal.

Edited by mehaul (Fri Sep 14 2012 09:18 AM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#823549 - Fri Sep 14 2012 09:39 AM Re: UFO'S [Re: Chavs]
george48 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ottawa
  Ontario Canada   
Originally Posted By: Chavs
George,

Once I was looking for Mir and staring for quite a while when a particularly bright 'star' suddenly darted a short distance and then began to move quite erratically. It spooked me, and I went home! It was suggested to me that it was merely my tired strained eyes. I couldn't understand how one star would be darting around while the others weren't moving at all but in hindsight I think I can buy the idea that my eyes played a trick on me.
?

That sounds very close to what i experienced, but i am not sure what the explanation is, beyond strained eyes,that can make your eyes play such tricks on you?
Damned odd.

#823707 - Fri Sep 14 2012 04:30 PM Re: UFO'S [Re: george48]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Besides other people seeing the same thing or filming it you can't be 100% sure, but I would expect if your eyes are able to see the other points not moving than anything which is must be in reality.

UN IPCC

#823735 - Fri Sep 14 2012 07:32 PM Re: UFO'S [Re: satguru]
ShadowStar889 Offline
Participant

Loc: Oklahoma USA
Once, on a cloudless day, I saw a shape that looked like an airplane and was flashing lights during the day, but it mysteriously vanished before my eyes. shocked

#824020 - Sat Sep 15 2012 07:20 PM Re: UFO'S [Re: ShadowStar889]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Mehaul, I think that's what happened when I saw the 'funny lights' in the sky. At least that's what I'm going to believe from now on...:D

I think I've posted on FT before about this, but my first husband and I saw some funny lights in the sky a couple of times. On one of those occasion, we were with a large group and all of them saw the lights as well. I cannot believe that out of all the stars and universes out there that we are the only planet with intelligent life.

#824028 - Sat Sep 15 2012 08:55 PM Re: UFO'S [Re: ClaraSue]
mehaul Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
But stars explode and generate strong waves of cell killing radiation. Solar systems themselves are a veritable Mixmaster of churning asteroids which impacts can wipe out life. Earth itself has had about five such extinction events! Stars collapsing into Pulsars can create a radiation lethal volume of space that can have a radius of 100 light years. Stars from different nurseries and so on different trajectories around the galaxy core can collide, wiping out life. On the time scale balance scale, there has been life on earth for a billion years but only in the last 10,000 has there been a life that knew it was existing and only fifty years since we even knew there were more galaxies than the Milky Way out there! If we can survive to a level of technology where we can rely on fusion power, we may be the first civilization in this quadrant of the galaxy to be currently so lucky. Yet we might still not be able to shield ourselves from those galactic size events.
Frank Drake's Probability of Life Equation made famous by Carl Sagan contained no value for INTRAgalactic phenomenon. Those type of events I mentioned above but are by no means all the Intragalactic events that can occur, are all factors that are extremely small fractions to multiply the other values by. You have to multiply the probability (p) of area supernovas times the p of star collapse due to age in your area of the galaxy times the p of star collisions in your area of the galaxy times the p of black holes in your part of the galaxy times the time in your solar system's life that represents the accretion disk's stabilizing into discrete objects times the probability that there are still extinction size asteroids and comets travelling in the system times... By the time those factors are put in the equation the probability of life reaching an interstellar travel capability are very slim. There may have been civilizations a billion years ago and there may be others in future billion year intervals but they are not here NOW! And that's what we all hope for, isn't it? The factors involved tend more toward the existence, if at all, of the unexplained life forms being time travelers and not star wanderers.

Edited by mehaul (Sat Sep 15 2012 09:01 PM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

Moderator:  bloomsby