Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#824033 - Sat Sep 15 2012 10:14 PM Obscure Question Not Correct
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
I just took an Obscurity quiz and there is a question that is out of date. I don't want to give away the question for others who have yet to play, but the answer given for the question, #7 in my set, is no longer a valid answer. I tried clicking the "report a correction" button, but was sent to a screen with no text box to explain the problem, and what the right answer is. I'm not sure who I should send the information to, so that the error in the question can be corrected. Can anyone tell me who I should message?

#824035 - Sat Sep 15 2012 10:31 PM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
If you know the Category, a good start would be one of the Category editors.
You can find those by selecting the topic from the Home Page left side box, clicking 'Index', and the resulting screen will have a subtopic box displayed. At the bottom left of that box you will see the list of Category editors.

I got to this page,
http://www.funtrivia.com/ql.cfm?cat=13
by choosing "General Knowledge" from the Quizzes option list then "Index"
All the other Categories work in a similar manner.

Edited by mehaul (Sat Sep 15 2012 10:36 PM)

#824036 - Sat Sep 15 2012 10:39 PM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: mehaul]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Thanks mehaul!!

#824039 - Sat Sep 15 2012 11:39 PM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: kaddarsgirl]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Play the original quiz in question, and send the correction through there. Sometimes you may discover its already been corrected, and the obscure database just hasn't caught up. ;-)

#824040 - Sat Sep 15 2012 11:50 PM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: salami_swami]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Good idea salami. This game's question has been sorted out already, thanks to skunkee's quick action, but that definitely sounds easier/faster for future reference.

#824041 - Sat Sep 15 2012 11:53 PM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: salami_swami]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Salami's recommendation is the way to go for all questions in games. Editors can only change the original quiz, not update the game database. In some games there is definitely a lag. Contacting an individual editor (a) may not get through for several days if they don't happen to be here; (b) doesn't really help them find the question, as they work the original quizzes, not the game database.

#824046 - Sun Sep 16 2012 01:55 AM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: looney_tunes]
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India
There is an issue with the 'report a correction' link on the Obscure game though which wasn't there earlier as I have sent corrections before and not encountered it. While I do check the original quiz to see if it has been corrected, I just open the quiz in HTML format and scan the questions. I don't always have the time to submit the original quiz and then report it from there and it seems quite a hassle just to report a simple typo.

#824107 - Sun Sep 16 2012 09:22 AM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: zorba_scank]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Quote:
...and it seems quite a hassle just to report a simple typo.

That is the best way to get that typo corrected, though. Normally there is a report a correction link at the bottom left of the html question page. You can use that without playing and submitting the entire quiz. Your note will then be attached to the quiz, and it will be a simple thing for an editor to make the fix.

#824108 - Sun Sep 16 2012 09:26 AM Re: Obscure Question Not Correct [Re: spanishliz]
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India
Thanks, Spanishliz. I'd never noticed that link before.

Moderator:  Terry