Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#824813 - Wed Sep 19 2012 06:44 AM Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread
MegaMichelle Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Canada
The season 6 premiere of the Big Bang Theory starts on September 27!!!
Who's watching?

I for one, have been watching all episodes, leading up until now, in frantic preparation for the season premiere party I am hosting.

The Show will be airing on five 52" televisions located strategically around my house, we rented them specially for this purpose.

Naturally, there will be one in the kitchen, 2 in the living room, 1 on the patio by the bar and bbq, one on the terrace by the hot-tub. There are smaller televisions in pretty much every other room so no matter where you are (even the bathroom) viewing will be easy. We just finished installing most of the surround sound, so no matter how loud the party gets, EVERYONE (in the neighbourhood) will be able to hear smile

I've also ordered a bunch of merchandise to give away throughout the night.. the fun part about that is the t-shirt cannon. Did you know its only 30 bucks to rent one for 2 days? I was pleased.

Anyone else have any big plans for the season premiere?

[ Please do not post links to websites selling products or services. ]

Edited by gtho4 (Sat Sep 22 2012 11:07 AM)

#824819 - Wed Sep 19 2012 07:27 AM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: MegaMichelle]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
I hadn't given it a thought, but what a great get together you'll have. It sounds like a neat idea to have such a party. I haven't been paying attention as to when all the new shows will be starting up this season, but I plan on watching BBT.

#824825 - Wed Sep 19 2012 07:42 AM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: ClaraSue]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
I just started watching this show in re-runs less than two weeks ago. I absolutely LOVE Sheldon. His character really does have the best part. I am very much looking forward to the start of the new season. I am soooo addicted to this show!

#824827 - Wed Sep 19 2012 08:18 AM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
MegaMichelle Offline
Learning the ropes...

Did you know the actor, Jim Parson, Who plays Sheldon is 39?

shocking!

#824828 - Wed Sep 19 2012 08:18 AM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
What a cool party !!

#824839 - Wed Sep 19 2012 09:05 AM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: Sypher]
MegaMichelle Offline
Learning the ropes...

Originally Posted By: Sypher
What a cool party !!

thanks!! I am really looking forward to it!
Its been a lot of work getting all of the sound working properly using the materials that we have.
If i had bought all new stuff it would have been much easier, but I dont want to break the bank throwing this party smile

#824877 - Wed Sep 19 2012 12:06 PM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: MegaMichelle]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Quote:
Did you know the actor, Jim Parson, Who plays Sheldon is 39?

Wow! I had no idea he was that old. It's hard to believe that Johnny Galecki is already 37!

#824998 - Wed Sep 19 2012 06:29 PM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: ClaraSue]
veronikkamarrz Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Carson City
Nevada USA 
One of my favorite shows. Yes, I will be watching!

#825014 - Wed Sep 19 2012 07:53 PM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: veronikkamarrz]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England UK           
I was introduced to it only recently by my son who is still young enough to know everything. I'm not sure that Jim Parsons got the best part - I rather suspect that he made it into the best part.
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#825015 - Wed Sep 19 2012 07:57 PM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: lesley153]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England UK           
Just looked up Johnny Galecki - ooh he's Leonard - I had no idea that he'd managed to escape from Roseanne!
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#825104 - Thu Sep 20 2012 08:02 AM Re: Sheldon Cooper Appreciation Thread [Re: lesley153]
MegaMichelle Offline
Learning the ropes...

Originally Posted By: lesley153
Just looked up Johnny Galecki - ooh he's Leonard - I had no idea that he'd managed to escape from Roseanne!

This made me laugh smile

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong