Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#825594 - Fri Sep 21 2012 02:32 PM Topaz Scavenger Challenge
english_gent Offline
Participant

Loc: Dartmouth Devon England UK
Just a quick question.

I have completed 11 of the 12 needed to complete the challenge and need to retake 'Creams of the Crop' which I have done twice and obtained more than the required 4 correct answers to achieve a pass, however for some reason I am not being awarded this.

It is possible, that I originally took this quiz before becoming a Gold Member, and if that is the case, what can be done for me to be rewarded with the Mini-Badge on offer?

Any help would be gladly accepted.

#825607 - Fri Sep 21 2012 03:14 PM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: english_gent]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
First, if you have taken the quiz in the past, you can still get credit for playing the quiz (just not the 15 points per question).
Second, did you click on the quiz title or the "Retake quiz" link? Only clicking the "Retake quiz" link will allow you to get credit.

#825611 - Fri Sep 21 2012 03:36 PM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: Buddy1]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
I don't think you can win it without becoming a Gold Member again.

(from the challenge itself:)
IMPORTANT for non-Gold Members: Due to a technical issue, you are currently unable to retake any of these quizzes if your score is too low on the first try. Please take this into account when attempting this particular challenge - feel free to use web searches to find answers if you feel your score might be below the required threshold!

#825613 - Fri Sep 21 2012 03:43 PM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: malik24]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
It must of changed from when I completed it (back before I became a gold member).

#825615 - Fri Sep 21 2012 03:48 PM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: Buddy1]
english_gent Offline
Participant

There is no retake link on the challenge page I'm afraid, and yes Malik24, I read that which is why I'm asking the question now to see if this scenario has changed.

Anyone from admin that may be able to clarify please?

#825619 - Fri Sep 21 2012 04:08 PM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: english_gent]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Used to be issues of the nature "I did such and such, but the system isn't doing what it says it should for me." fell under the personal problem heading and were best addressed by following the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of the Forums Home Page. Have you tried that route yet?

#825705 - Sat Sep 22 2012 02:04 AM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: mehaul]
english_gent Offline
Participant

Admittedly no, I haven't.

Still finding my way around the place, even though I've been 'officially' a member for years, have only been knuckling down here recently.

Thanks for pointing this out Mehaul smile

#825757 - Sat Sep 22 2012 09:06 AM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: english_gent]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Used to be issues of the nature "I did such and such, but the system isn't doing what it says it should for me." fell under the personal problem heading and were best addressed by following the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of the Forums Home Page. Have you tried that route yet?

The admins read this forum and it's likely that Terry would be the only one to be able to check the code for it. Posting it here, there, and everywhere shouldn't be necessary.

#825812 - Sat Sep 22 2012 11:31 AM Re: Topaz Scavenger Challenge [Re: kyleisalive]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
It's definitely something that Terry will have to look into himself.

Moderator:  Terry