Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 4 of 90 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 89 90 >
Topic Options
#826476 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:07 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubbafudd]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: bubbafudd
the clock is an hour behind...

What clock is an hour behind?

#826477 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
It scores at 11:50, the display all works now. You get your checkmark after midnight.

And yes, I decided to see if I could sneak the win. I should have waited 10 minutes more and I could have wink I couldn't keep up with your points though, even playing for kids.

#826478 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubbafudd]
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           

Originally Posted By: bubbafudd
the clock is an hour behind...

The FT clock is fixed at GMT -6 hrs. It never changes (aka it ignores DST).

#826479 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:11 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Terry
It scores at 11:50, the display all works now. You get your checkmark after midnight.

And yes, I decided to see if I could sneak the win. I should have waited 10 minutes more and I could have wink I couldn't keep up with your points though, even playing for kids.

I was playing a bunch of Harry Potter quizzes. I'm an expert at those smile If you had waited until 11:49 you would have won :P

#826481 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubbafudd Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Texas USA
the clock in the daily challenge. I live in the CST zone and its an hour behind what every clock in my house shows

#826482 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubbafudd]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Yes, because FT skips Daylight Savings Time.

Terry! Can I have multiple switch out power again? tongue

#826483 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:22 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

1042 daily challenges were completed yesterday.

The whole thing seems to be working remarkably well. Hope people are enjoying it smile

#826484 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Mariamir
Terry! Can I have multiple switch out power again? tongue

I want this back too!! Pretty please with sugar on top? laugh tongue

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 12:30 AM)

#826485 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
James25 Offline
Explorer

Loc: The Netherlands
Today's easy challenge is to play a quiz authored by myself and score at least 7. Is that supposed to be like that?

#826486 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Matthew_07 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Malaysia
The easy challenge requires me to post a question on AskFT. I posted, and got the green complete/tick mark. But my question is not shown in AskFT. I have also double checked on My Qns and it's not there also. Is this intentional?

#826487 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Perth Western Australia       

Quote:
[/quote]How do you suggest it gets reworded?

It makes sense to me the way it is. You do have to find them, by purchasing challenges. The badge is clearly marked as being part of the Daily Challenges, so it makes sense that it is connected to those, and not part of the rest of the site. I don't see how the current wording is a problem. I also don't know how it could be reworded and still get the same point across.

FIND means SEARCH not PURCHASE.

You are not finding them anywhere - you are buying challenges and hoping to get given one.

Find implies a scavenger hunt type situation where you go looking for them.

The Daily Challenges are part of the rest of the site - they are all things you do there. I don't see ho you can possibly think it's NOT connected to it.

It needs rewording to get a DIFFERENT point across - that's my point.

I suggest it gets reworded to explain how you get given one.

Edited by Midget40 (Tue Sep 25 2012 12:36 AM)

#826490 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:41 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Midget40]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Midget40
FIND means SEARCH not PURCHASE.

You are not finding them anywhere - you are buying challenges and hoping to get given one.

Find implies a scavenger hunt type situation where you go looking for them.

The Daily Challenges are part of the rest of the site - they are all things you do there. I don't see ho you can possibly think it's NOT connected to it.

It needs rewording to get a DIFFERENT point across - that's my point.

I suggest it gets reworded to explain how you get given one.

Perhaps I don't see the problem because I've been testing it for the last month and it makes perfect sense to me what is going on. What I meant by my question, was, come up with a sentence of your own that you think would make sense to someone else in your situation, and post that for others to see. Like I said, I don't see the problem because I know how it works (I've lived it every day for the past few weeks).

Also, I find "I don't see how you can possibly think it's NOT connected to it." to be quite offensive.

Since you're inquiring, however, by "not connected" I mean that where you see the badges listed is the "Daily Challenges" page, not in some game somewhere else, or only on the main challenges. they are directly under a link to an FAQ, which people new to the challenges should be reading anyway. A ton of questions are answered there, including how you get Epic challenges. Also, though the challenges themselves lead you to other parts of the site, the badges are directly linked only to the Daily Challenges.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 12:51 AM)

#826491 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:41 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: James25]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: James25
Today's easy challenge is to play a quiz authored by myself and score at least 7. Is that supposed to be like that?

Yes, it's meant to be. Some of the more prolific authors might have forgotten the answers to their own quizzes smile

#826492 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:42 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher

Yes, it's meant to be. Some of the more prolific authors might have forgotten the answers to their own quizzes smile

So, the score will count?

#826493 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I purchased my first new challenge today, and it worked exactly like it is supposed to work. My switch also worked like intended, and it successfully recorded my completion of the new challenge and gave me the credits. If only I was better at "Who am I?" and "Crystal Ball" I could have had 7 at the end of today. Alas, I will only have 6. Got an Easy challenge, when I bought a new one.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 12:44 AM)

#826494 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:48 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
I have 7 done, but no badgelet yet.

#826495 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: James25]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Actually that is an error. Bug fixed, and new player regenerated for you.

#826496 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
James25 Offline
Explorer

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher

Ok, I hope I actually remember the answers. shocked

#826497 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
James25 Offline
Explorer

Originally Posted By: Terry

Thanks, now I will not have to embarrass myself by not knowing my own answers. laugh

#826498 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:04 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Matthew_07]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Matthew_07
The easy challenge requires me to post a question on AskFT. I posted, and got the green complete/tick mark. But my question is not shown in AskFT. I have also double checked on My Qns and it's not there also. Is this intentional?

Hm what was the question?

#826499 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
My medium challenge today is "Score a cumulative total of 3922 points in the The Mixed Game hourly game today. "

Does that mean 3922 points or more? Or exactly 3922 points? Just want to make sure. :P

#826500 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pyonir]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: pyonir
My medium challenge today is "Score a cumulative total of 3922 points in the The Mixed Game hourly game today. "

Does that mean 3922 points or more? Or exactly 3922 points? Just want to make sure. :P

Or more. Heavens, are we testers all aliens who understand the alien language that the challenge is written in? Terry, do you think you should add an "at least" so that the humans can understand? tongue

#826501 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: pyonir

Or more. Heavens, are we testers all aliens who understand the alien language that the challenge is written in? Terry, do you think you should add an "at least" so that the humans can understand? tongue

I just answered this question for someone over in the "Epic Challenges?" thread in the chat boards.

Also, Terry, or Wes, or whoever it is that is responsible. Perhaps this question could be added to the FAQ. I know that I, myself, asked this question in the testing thread early on, and it doesn't look like it made its way into the FAQ. I forgot I even asked it until now.

#826502 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA

Sheesh, sorry I asked. I didn't want to get over 3922 only to find it was literal, in that it had to be 3922. I guess I'm retarded, and I'll keep my stupid questions to myself.

#826503 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
I have 7 done, but no badgelet yet.

Fixed

Page 4 of 90 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 89 90 >

Moderator:  Terry