Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 40 of 89 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88 89 >
Topic Options
#836097 - Fri Nov 02 2012 05:53 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
No difference from self-authored or from quizzes from other authors? I asked whether team quizzes fall into self or other and the reply is no difference? Does that mean they can be counted as both or neither?

On the first one, I thought 15 Qs were good in some cases that asked to get at least 7 correct answers but that most are done using the most prevalent 10Q quizzes. I seem to recall a 15 among a list of 10s in one of my previous challenges. That is what led me to believe a quiz having more Qs than called for was acceptable.

Put another way:
Had our Team quiz been of 20 Q length and I'd gotten them all correct, the challenge would have been satisfied?

Edited by mehaul (Fri Nov 02 2012 05:53 AM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#836098 - Fri Nov 02 2012 05:56 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
No difference from self autrhored or from quizzes from other authors?

I never responded to your question about self-authored quizzes. No-- you will not receive credit for your own quizzes.

You asked about team quizzes-- it being a team quiz has no bearing on whether or not you can complete a challenge with it. It is still a quiz. Even if you wrote one question in it or five or nine or however many, you can still play it and it will count provided, as I already said, you are not the author.

Quote:
I seem to recall a 15 among a list of 10s in one of my previous challenges.

It probably wasn't asking for the same thing as this challenge-- there are many different variations; some will give you quizzes to play and some will not.

Quote:
Had our Team quiz been of 20 Q length and I'd gotten them all correct, the challenge would have been satisfied?

As long as you weren't the author.

#836101 - Fri Nov 02 2012 06:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Thank you.

#836113 - Fri Nov 02 2012 07:32 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
And, from your last query, authors cannot use their own quizzes to satisfy challenges. A team quiz led by someone else is fine, a team quiz led by themselves is registered as their own, and doesn't count.

#836135 - Fri Nov 02 2012 08:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Daaanieeel Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Perth WA Australia           
This was one of my challenges today:
Quote:
Today you will be playing I'm the Expert! against another player. Whoever holds the highest score today in a single Who's the Expert hourly game at midnight will win this challenge. Only your first 4 plays of this game today will be considered for this challenge, so pick your attempts wisely!
I've played two Expert games and scored quite well in both, but for some reason neither have shown up. I did play them "today" as in "today in FT standard time", so that's not problem. However, I did play them both before checking my daily challenges, so would that have caused this?

#836182 - Fri Nov 02 2012 11:42 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Daaanieeel]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
mehaul: Correct. It requires a quiz of exactly 20 questions be played.

Daniel: That challenge only counts plays after the challenge is issued.

#836183 - Fri Nov 02 2012 11:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Terry
That challenge only counts plays after the challenge is issued.

Is this a new development? When I tested it, it counted plays from before the challenge was issued...

#836185 - Fri Nov 02 2012 12:19 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
salami_swami Online   sick
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I think when we tested it, it did count old scores. Then it was changed to make it more fair, so players wouldn't have submitted four terrible scores randomly, get assigned the challenge, and wish they could pick and choose which ones to play. So it was not like that when we tested, but was changed fairly soon after going online. :P

#836246 - Fri Nov 02 2012 07:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Much obliged L_T and T (sounds like a communication company).

#836339 - Sat Nov 03 2012 06:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
mdurnanj Offline
Participant

My Medium challenge says:
Play the Easy Game and score 10/10 within 35.0 seconds. Not beaten yet. Incomplete  

But I have succeeded; Piece of Cake shows 10 correct in 32.99 sec.

It looks like the challenge should be complete.

#836365 - Sat Nov 03 2012 10:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mdurnanj]
mdurnanj Offline
Participant

Originally Posted By: mdurnanj
My Medium challenge says:
Play the Easy Game and score 10/10 within 35.0 seconds. Not beaten yet. Incomplete  

But I have succeeded; Piece of Cake shows 10 correct in 32.99 sec.

It looks like the challenge should be complete.

I played another game a couple of hours later and scored 10/10 in 28.5 sec. This time I was awarded the medium challenge. No idea why it didn't work earlier.

#836548 - Sun Nov 04 2012 10:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: sooz888]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Originally Posted By: sooz888
Thanks to Mariamir for that, but sadly, I'd already used my 'perk' and switched off the Difficult Challenge on the Crystal Ball. I knew from experience that my chances of winning that today were slim to none... at least it would have kept some hope alive. I'll save it next time.... maybe I was just unlucky?

sooz

This is why when I decided to do my quest for the 10 in a Day i chose a day just after I'd had Crystal Ball. Strategy in when to go for the badge plays a big part in winning it, making sure the challenges that you are bad appear in the day or two beforehand lessens the probability they'll pop up and destroy your challenge.

#836667 - Sun Nov 04 2012 07:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
This isn't an actual bug, but it bugged me.

My medium challenge was to play New Questions and score 331 points. I scored 330. mad mad mad

#836668 - Sun Nov 04 2012 08:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: George95]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
That does bring up something interesting. My difficult challenge (or rather my bought difficult challenge) was to score at least 1428 points in today's The Daily Game - using the TIMED mode. If I was to get exactly 1428 points, would that count? I would assume yes, but I just want to make sure.

#836672 - Sun Nov 04 2012 09:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Buddy1
That does bring up something interesting. My difficult challenge (or rather my bought difficult challenge) was to score at least 1428 points in today's The Daily Game - using the TIMED mode. If I was to get exactly 1428 points, would that count? I would assume yes, but I just want to make sure.

Yes it counts anything above and including the number listed. It's the equivalent of the "greater than or equal to" in math.

#836678 - Sun Nov 04 2012 10:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

That's what I thought but I seem to recall it being mentioned somewhere (I think on the testing thread, but it might be here) that if you were at exactly 50% on a challenge that required you to be in the top 50% it wouldn't count (or maybe that's changed since then).

#836682 - Sun Nov 04 2012 10:32 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

That's what I thought but I seem to recall it being mentioned somewhere (I think on the testing thread, but it might be here) that if you were at exactly 50% on a challenge that required you to be in the top 50% it wouldn't count (or maybe that's changed since then).

The percentages are for a different type of challenge, and I do remember we had a discussion of something similar to that situation over in the testing thread. As I recall, though, the question was whether finishing, say, 8 out of 15, would count for the challenge, because it's the middle score, but it's technically not at the 50% mark...But it is definitely the case that, when a number is given as a target score (or target percentage) for a challenge, any score that is that number exactly or any number higher (or of a smaller/higher percentage) counts for a completion.

#836774 - Mon Nov 05 2012 07:33 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
CellarDoor Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Seattle
  Washington USA   
My medium challenge is
Quote:
Play any four average, tough, or difficult 10-question player quizzes in a row, achieving scores of at least 8 on each.

So far, so good, but it's showing credit for this quiz, which has a difficulty rating of easy. It looks like either the text or the code to check difficulty rating needs some help. Not that I mind having credit...

#836782 - Mon Nov 05 2012 10:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CellarDoor]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
Today I was asked to "Play top rated quiz X and get at least 7/10 questions correct."

It was ranked in the 90k range. In the nicest possible way, I don't think that counts as a top rated quiz. Just thought I'd mention incase the selection algorithm messed up or something. If it was intended, nevermind. smile

Edited by malik24 (Mon Nov 05 2012 10:20 AM)

#836788 - Mon Nov 05 2012 11:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
If I was to get exactly 1428 points, would that count? I would assume yes, but I just want to make sure.

Well, I just did it in the Impossible game, and I'm so so relieved! I can confirm it does count an exact score. smile

#836862 - Mon Nov 05 2012 07:24 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
faith177 Offline
Participant

Loc: British Columbia Canada      
How do I find quizzes by specific authors?

#836865 - Mon Nov 05 2012 07:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: faith177]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Go to "My Profile". Below your avatar is a place to type in the name of anybody on FunTrivia. Scroll down until you see the list of their quizzes. There might be another way, but that is the only way I know of finding authors.

#836874 - Mon Nov 05 2012 08:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: faith177]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Originally Posted By: faith177
How do I find quizzes by specific authors?

On the home page, in the center, you see 'New Quizzes'. There are several tabs. Click on the one at the far right, labeled 'Find'.

Edited by postcards2go (Mon Nov 05 2012 08:04 PM)

#836875 - Mon Nov 05 2012 08:04 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

In the title bar drop down menu under Quizzes is an entry called "Search". A pop to the side menu then will provide input windows for Topic or Author to search on.

#836877 - Mon Nov 05 2012 08:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Alternatively you could go to their profile and scroll through their quiz list from there.

Page 40 of 89 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88 89 >

Moderator:  Terry