Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 43 of 92 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 91 92 >
Topic Options
#838152 - Sun Nov 11 2012 01:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Well I've ;learnt a lesson today if you have to do the challege Play a new player-authored quiz within 20 minutes of it going online, don't use the home page New Quiizes to learn when they have gone online as often they don't appear until after the twenty minutes is up. I was doing the "Australian" quiz yet the "I Spy something" quiz allegedly put on at the same time didn't appear until 21 minutes.

#838155 - Sun Nov 11 2012 02:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Yes, you need to get to the quiz through the Buzz, not the Home Page. They will only appear on the Home Page before twenty minutes have passed if someone gets the Early Bird on them.

#838156 - Sun Nov 11 2012 02:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
The point with the doubles is that they are completely optional. The requirements for them are set extremely high and we don't want any players to feel they *have* to get them. With the random assignment of epics, it can be many years until you even get a chance to try for all of them, much less complete them. We didn't want to add something like that to the list of things people feel they need to achieve for a "complete" set. On the other hand, the doubles give you something to shoot for if you receive a "wrong" epic (one you already won) while you chase the regular set of eight, so you don't actually feel like you received a completely wasted epic.

This is also why they're replacing the originals. If you get a double, you're getting a visual credit for a special achievement above and beyond the requirements, but they're not actually considered an extra badgelet, just a visual upgrade of the one you already won.

(This was indeed the secret project during testing by the way. Now that people know they're there, there's no reason to deny it.)

#838157 - Sun Nov 11 2012 02:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Today's the perfect day to go for that Buzz one-- almost forty quizzes online within 24 hours.

#838163 - Sun Nov 11 2012 03:58 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vermont USA
Have a question about the easy challenge I have today. It's to ask a question on FT. Went to the link, read the rules, read the search results. I submitted a question that was not previously answered. My challenge was still incomplete. I then went thru the process two more times but still an incomplete.
I'm wondering if I need to wait until the moderator reviews the question(s) or if I should submit additional questions.
Once more my bad, found out what I was doing wrong, problem solved.

Edited by aedan57 (Sun Nov 11 2012 04:13 PM)

#838203 - Sun Nov 11 2012 08:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Aedan57]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Thank you for the explanation Wesley. As they say with Pokemon: Gotta collect them all!

#838252 - Mon Nov 12 2012 04:05 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
timence Offline
Participant

Loc: Canberra ACT Australia        
This link appears to be incorrect (Easy category):

You're in luck! Score doesn't matter. Simply play in the <My Daily Quiz> game today.

It links to the home page instead of my daily. Thanks.

#916786 - Mon Nov 12 2012 11:05 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: timence]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Error with my Medium Challenge today:

"Play any three average, tough, or difficult 10-question player quizzes in a row, achieving scores of at least 7 on each. You may play quizzes that you have not played in at least 30 days for this challenge."

It counted the same quiz twice. Granted, I played the quiz twice, so it didn't double count a single, but it should not have counted it the second time I played it. It might have something to do with the quiz being placed online today, or because I played it on two different devices (laptop and iPad), or some error with the challenge itself. I'm not going to play anymore quizzes for a while, so Terry, if you look at my challenge you should see the quiz counted twice with two little check marks.

#916801 - Mon Nov 12 2012 12:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Matthew_07 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Malaysia
Hm, not sure if this has been reported before.

This was my difficult challenge yesterday:

"Today you will be playing I'm the Expert! against another player. Whoever holds the highest score today in a single Who's the Expert hourly game at midnight will win this challenge. Only your first 4 plays of this game today will be considered for this challenge, so pick your attempts wisely! Your opponent for the day is player ___."

I played three games. The other player scored 0 points for his/her total points yesterday so I assume he/she did not log in and play.

The challenge was marked incomplete though. So is this a challenge where both players must play at least one game?

#916860 - Mon Nov 12 2012 03:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Matthew_07]
AlexxSchneider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Perth Scotland UK             
I thought you weren't assigned a player for that challenge until a logged-in person was matched to you, but I'm not sure. I seem to remember being told with that challenge to wait until my opponent was given to me for the day.

#916870 - Mon Nov 12 2012 03:57 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AlexxSchneider]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: AlexxSchneider
I thought you weren't assigned a player for that challenge until a logged-in person was matched to you, but I'm not sure. I seem to remember being told with that challenge to wait until my opponent was given to me for the day.

I think Matthew intentionally left out the name. And it doesn't matter if you have a partner or not. If you're the only one assigned the challenge, you automatically win, or you should win the way the system is set up. So if Matthew was the only one to score he should have won the challenge and gotten the credits, regardless of if another player was not assigned, or if the assigned player completed zero games...

#916882 - Mon Nov 12 2012 05:57 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Terry, Matthew's problem challenge is [c:2878,u:161704] - definitely looks like something worth investigating if the opponent hasn't played a last second game (unfortunately the yesterday display doesn't show the final result or opponent name)

#916967 - Tue Nov 13 2012 02:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Matthew_07 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Malaysia
My opponent has replied me. He says he logged in at the last minute and played his first Expert game and scored 15/15, but his score was carried over into another day's score (since the daily score is calculated at 11.50pm FT time). Ah, mystery solved. smile

#916995 - Tue Nov 13 2012 06:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Matthew_07]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Having reported my lack of Epic challenges, I've now had two in two days. Definitely worth waiting for, and I managed to achieve both, one relatively easily and the other via some hard work. I hope I don't have to wait too long for the next one to turn up.

#916998 - Tue Nov 13 2012 07:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
AlanHill2306 Offline
Explorer

Loc: London UK but working in China
I had accummulated more than enough credits so I decided to try for the 10 challenges in a day badge. One of my first 3 couldn't be decided until midnight so will remain incomplete until then. I bought some new challenges and things were going well until I got another challenge which can't be completed until a games closes. I then tried to buy a new challenge but it wouldn't let me as I have 2 incomplete challenges. I have 6 green ticks but are unable to progress! Why am I being stopped when I have enough credits to pay for new challenges? It doesn't seem right to me.

#917000 - Tue Nov 13 2012 07:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AlanHill2306]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
You are stumped because of the incomplete challenges. The only thing you can do is swap one of the incomplete challenges (a Gold Member perk) and hope you don't get another one that doesn't finish until midnight. It's one of those "luck of the draw" things. If you can't swap it out, then all you can do is save your credits and try again another day.

#917008 - Tue Nov 13 2012 09:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
AlanHill2306 Offline
Explorer

Loc: London UK but working in China
Thanks Flopsymopsy,
I really guessed it was a feature designed to frustrate! I have already used the gold member swap perk so as you say I'm stumped. Just need to save up enough to try again. The challenge notes make no direct mention of only being able to buy challenges if you only have one incomplete challenge.

#917009 - Tue Nov 13 2012 09:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AlanHill2306]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Originally Posted By: AlanHill2306
Thanks Flopsymopsy,
I really guessed it was a feature designed to frustrate! I have already used the gold member swap perk so as you say I'm stumped. Just need to save up enough to try again. The challenge notes make no direct mention of only being able to buy challenges if you only have one incomplete challenge.

It's in there: http://www.funtrivia.com/faq.cfm?system=3#num220

#917045 - Tue Nov 13 2012 01:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
You were unlucky. I did 10 challenges on Saturday, and got none that finished at midnight, nor any difficult to achieve ones, like winning Crystal Ball, for example. I'd kept my swap, but didn't even have to use that. From memory, I think my purchases were two easy, three medium and two hard. I was fortunate, but it proves it can happen. I was actually hoping for an epic or two, as I'd had none up to that point.

#917047 - Tue Nov 13 2012 01:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

I just had four Difficult. :s

#917050 - Tue Nov 13 2012 01:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Can I remind people NOT to change the topic title. I have now changed it back to the original.

Thank you.

#917055 - Tue Nov 13 2012 02:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: sue943]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I had pretty much the same experience as rossian did, also on Saturday. No epics, nothing finishing at midnight (I made a point of choosing a day when my initial three didn't have one of those) and didn't need to use my swap out, even though I had it available. It's all luck of the draw, really, isn't it?

#917476 - Wed Nov 14 2012 10:15 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AlanHill2306]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: AlanHill2306
Thanks Flopsymopsy,
I really guessed it was a feature designed to frustrate! I have already used the gold member swap perk so as you say I'm stumped.

Although it wasn't your fault that you got 2 challenges that end at midnight, you should probably have made sure that you had kept your swap perk that week.

I don't think it was designed to frustrate - if you get 3 then it's quite unfair because you can only swap one out, but I think Terry said somewhere that he might get around to doing something to stop it eventually.

~(_8(I)

#917479 - Wed Nov 14 2012 10:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AdamM7]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

I got my ten a day yesterday. None finished at midnight, but I ended up getting five different Difficult challenges, one of which I had to swap out at the very beginning of the day.
I've used all my credits since day one and still haven't seen an Epic.

Sometimes you just get lucky. :p

#917564 - Wed Nov 14 2012 06:04 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Torquay Devon England UK      
This is getting really frustrating!

My 'difficult' daily challenge today is to play a new quiz within 20 minutes of it coming on-line. So far today this has happened five or six times... I go to the homepage and see that I have missed a new quiz by, say, 3 minutes. I then go away from the homepage for a short while - 5 or 6 minutes maximum - and then, when I come back to the homepage another quiz has been placed on-line but the time says that it has been there for over 20 minutes!

How am I supposed to complete this part of the challenge? It's really putting me off now and I'm seriously considering not bothering with any of it!

Page 43 of 92 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 91 92 >

Moderator:  Terry