Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 5 of 92 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91 92 >
Topic Options
#826504 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pyonir]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: pyonir
Sheesh, sorry I asked. I didn't want to get over 3922 only to find it was literal, in that it had to be 3922. I guess I'm retarded, and I'll keep my stupid questions to myself.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound mean. Really a joke, and I've seen that question appear, and began wondering how I figured it out myself in the first place!

#826505 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pyonir]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: pyonir
My medium challenge today is "Score a cumulative total of 3922 points in the The Mixed Game hourly game today. "

Does that mean 3922 points or more? Or exactly 3922 points? Just want to make sure. :P

At least. Text modified.

#826513 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I agree that pyonir's question is not stupid when you need to be certain. I have a similar situation with a hard challenge, which says 'score a total of 'x' correct answers in a particular category'. This could mean 'exactly x' or 'at least x'. All we new participants are asking for is clarity. I'm hoping it means 'at least' in this instance, too.

#826514 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
Matthew_07 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Malaysia
My question for the easy task today for AskFT is "Does drinking oral salt induce vomiting?"

#826515 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Matthew_07]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Matthew_07
My question for the easy task today for AskFT is "Does drinking oral salt induce vomiting?"

Looks like an admin deleted that.

#826516 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: rossian
I agree that pyonir's question is not stupid when you need to be certain. I have a similar situation with a hard challenge, which says 'score a total of 'x' correct answers in a particular category'. This could mean 'exactly x' or 'at least x'. All we new participants are asking for is clarity. I'm hoping it means 'at least' in this instance, too.

It does. Every time a number is given, it is the lower limit. This is true for all of the challenges that require a score or a certain number of questions. You all should not feel bad about asking such questions. We testers probably have at one point or other asked them ourselves in the previous thread.

It is tough for us testers, though, to see such questions now, because of our experience with the game. Our intent while answering questions is not to tease, make fun of, or belittle the askers. No one should be made to feel in the wrong for asking a question. I, myself, asked plenty of questions in our testing thread...some of the same ones people are asking now.

I think patience is needed on both sides. We need to get used to seeing these questions again, and new players need to understand that we know how it works, and see some things as obvious (after playing for a month already) that perhaps aren't.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 02:30 AM)

#826517 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:24 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

The goal is to have the challenge text to be completely unambiguous so that no one even needs to think about asking such clarifications. They are slowly being tweaked as people ask questions here.

#826518 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:32 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Thanks for changing it, Terry. It's perfectly clear now.

#826519 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
It is tough for us testers, though, to see such questions now, because of our experience with the game. Our intent while answering questions is not to tease, make fun of, or belittle the askers. No one should be made to feel in the wrong for asking a question. I, myself, asked plenty of questions in our testing thread...some of the same ones people are asking now.

I think patience is needed on both sides. We need to get used to seeing these questions again, and new players need to understand that we know how it works, and see some things as obvious (after playing for a month already) that perhaps aren't.

Yeah, kad is right. Sorry again if that's what people thought from my post earlier.

BTW, K, what happened to "going to bed now"? tongue

#826520 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Mariamir
BTW, K, what happened to "going to bed now"? tongue

Yeah, can't sleep...not for lack of trying though...too much going on in my head right now I guess...and I took a nap earlier this afternoon, so that might have something to do with it. tongue

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 02:43 AM)

#826522 - Tue Sep 25 2012 03:48 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Added FAQ entry to clarify that when a challenge does neither specify "at least" nor "exactly" with some number, it does not have to be an exact match, just to be on the safe side.

#826531 - Tue Sep 25 2012 04:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
"Rank #1 in your division in any hourly game." Does this include the International Games? They're listed as Hourly in the Games dropdown menu.

#826532 - Tue Sep 25 2012 05:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Julia103]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I don't think so, Julia - it means Easy, Mixed, Smartest, Obscurity, FMI, Word, Expert, and Quiz of the Hour (I hope I haven't forgotten one).

#826533 - Tue Sep 25 2012 05:05 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Easy, Mixed, Smartest, Obscurity, FMI, Word, Expert are the seven eligible ones for this game. Quiz of the Hour doesn't have rankings and the international game is not considered an hourly.

Edit: Added the list to FAQ since it's quite lengthy for adding to challenge texts.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Tue Sep 25 2012 05:15 AM)

#826535 - Tue Sep 25 2012 05:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
Thanks Wesley. I thought it was too good to be true when I ended up at the top of the list for an International game that I had played for a different challenge. (I generally use the dropdown to go to the different games, so tbe way it's indicated there is what led to my confusion.)

#826571 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

And the first epic challenge has been assigned to someone on their first challenge buy...

Edited by Terry (Tue Sep 25 2012 10:01 AM)

#826573 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Terry
And the first epic challenge has been assigned to someone on their first challenge buy...

Which flag is it?

#826579 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:16 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I'm more interested to know who the lucky gentleman or lady is.

#826580 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

We should be able to see both answers on their profile once they make it. It's not me, unfortunately - I got a doable 7th so I can grab that badgelet, but it was nowhere near epic.

#826587 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
We should be able to see both answers on their profile once they make it. It's not me, unfortunately - I got a doable 7th so I can grab that badgelet, but it was nowhere near epic.

I'll only get 7 today if I get lucky in the Crystal Ball, which I'm not expecting. I've got 6 complete though, so even without Crystal Ball I'll snag the badgelet first thing tomorrow morning.

#826603 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
CliftonClowers Offline
Participant

I got an epic on my first buy and wished I hadn't. From following the testing thread I knew that particular challenge was coming and the numbers that were being discussed for various levels. I have been religiously adding my 6 scores every day to see what I was capable of in comparison to those numbers. I know for certain that taking my best scores over a couple week period in each game and then adding them wouldn't equal my target number.

I also found out you can't substitute out an epic. I guess epic is a truly fitting description of this challenge.

#826607 - Tue Sep 25 2012 11:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CliftonClowers]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Clifton -- not to worry. I am keeping stats for all completion rates of all challenges. If it turns out some are too easy or too difficult, they will be tweaked over time.

The idea for them to be very difficult, but certainly not impossible to achieve.

#826609 - Tue Sep 25 2012 11:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CliftonClowers]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: CliftonClowers
I got an epic on my first buy and wished I hadn't. From following the testing thread I knew that particular challenge was coming and the numbers that were being discussed for various levels. I have been religiously adding my 6 scores every day to see what I was capable of in comparison to those numbers. I know for certain that taking my best scores over a couple week period in each game and then adding them wouldn't equal my target number.

I also found out you can't substitute out an epic. I guess epic is a truly fitting description of this challenge.

I remember trying the Epic you got. As I recall, I missed it by a mere 3 incorrect answers...less than 200pts.

#826613 - Tue Sep 25 2012 11:50 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Clifton -- turns out there was a bug in your epic requirements. Check now for the corrected. Still high, but certainly better...

Edited by Terry (Tue Sep 25 2012 11:50 AM)

#826614 - Tue Sep 25 2012 11:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
CliftonClowers Offline
Participant

Thanks, Terry.

That is certainly achievable if I play well. If not I don't deserve it anyway.

Page 5 of 92 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91 92 >

Moderator:  Terry