Rules
Terms of Use

Page 52 of 100 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 100 >
Topic Options
#953938 - Thu Dec 06 2012 06:51 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Chavs Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ireland
Originally Posted By: mehaul
Another angle that seems wrong on this WtE? now is that if no opponent is assigned (which would only happen to the last sign-in, right?, but still...) a player is warned off playing any WtE?s when plays done without opponent won't count and might miss the opportunity to win it as the only player that competed (it was said above that a player wins against no shows, but it was not clear if a game needed to be registered as played or not or that the challenge may be awarded without play.)

Are you asking:

If no opponent is assigned to me, do I win the challenge automatically?

(Even if my hourly plays haven't been credited to me on the challenge page?)

(&Even if I haven't played?)

The answer appears to be YES!
From FAQ: "In the rare case that you never get paired up with anyone, you will receive credit for the challenge at midnight."

Edited by Chavs (Thu Dec 06 2012 06:57 AM)

#953939 - Thu Dec 06 2012 06:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
pfgbb1 Offline
Participant

Loc: New Hampshire USA
rossian, that is exactly correct. I played at 7:13 a.m. and my opponent indicated that he played after me at 7:16 a.m. Obviously, he was assigned to the game in that 3 minute difference.
"Don't play until an opponent is assigned"

#953941 - Thu Dec 06 2012 07:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pfgbb1]
Chavs Offline
Prolific

While we are on the subject of the Expert daily challenge, could someone confirm for me that a level-perk mulligan counts as a another one of the 4 plays allowed in the Daily Challenge, and does not replace the first attempt (even though it replaces your score in the main Who's the Expert game.) Thank you.

#953944 - Thu Dec 06 2012 07:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Chavs
While we are on the subject of the Expert daily challenge, could someone confirm for me that a level-perk mulligan counts as a another one of the 4 plays allowed in the Daily Challenge, and does not replace the first attempt (even though it replaces your score in the main Who's the Expert game.) Thank you.

It definitely counts as an additional score in the Challenge Duel (so be careful when you use it) even though in regular play it totally erases your original score.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Thu Dec 06 2012 07:35 AM)

#953962 - Thu Dec 06 2012 08:31 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Quote:

If no opponent is assigned to me, do I win the challenge automatically?

(Even if my hourly plays haven't been credited to me on the challenge page?)

(Even if I haven't played?)

If you have never been assigned an opponent, you can't have any valid plays. You still win, however.

#953963 - Thu Dec 06 2012 08:39 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Chavs Offline
Prolific

Thank you Wesley and Kaddarsgirl.

#953969 - Thu Dec 06 2012 09:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
maninmidohio Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA               
This is my hard challenge today:

Ready to take a tour of our categories? Score at least 10 questions correct in any quiz in 14 different categories (Animals, Brain Teasers, Geography, etc). You may replay quizzes not taken in the past 30 days.

* The number of questions in the quiz does not matter. You just need to have 10 correct out of however many questions are in the quiz.

My easy challenge was to play a quizbot mix quiz in play mode and score over a particular number.

I was surprised to find that the quizbot quiz counted toward my hard challenge, but when I took another quizbot quiz in HTML mode it did not count. Since the quizbot quizzes are not noted in the text of the challenge, I find it a bit shizophrenic that the two modes are not treated the same way in this challenge.

My current status in this challenge reads:

Plays today:

* Hobbies : Philadelphia's Food (10/10)
* Brain Teasers : Harder Mix of Everything (10/10)
* Humanities : "Evita" quiz (16/20)
* History : Tricky History Mix (8/10)
* World : Right next to... (10/10)
* Television : Harder Television Mix (10/10)
* Music : Music Mix (10/10)
* Movies : Movies Mix (9/10)
* Entertainment : Entertainment Mix (10/10)

Hobbies Brain Teasers Humanities World Television Music Entertainment Incomplete

I took an Animals mixed quiz in HTML mode getting 10 correct after the Brain Teasers one but it did not count (nor does it show up in the "Plays today").

#953981 - Thu Dec 06 2012 11:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: maninmidohio]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Whoa... that's a strange one since "Harder Mix of Everything" shouldn't count for Brain Teasers in the first place. It should, if anything, count for General.

(This is probably however due to the icon choice - the "everything" mix uses the Brain Teaser lightbulb as an icon instead of General's question mark.)

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Thu Dec 06 2012 11:05 AM)

#953982 - Thu Dec 06 2012 11:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
rossian Online   content

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I bought a challenge, which turned out to be an Easy one, and was given instant credit. The challenge was to 'play two player created quizzes, getting at least 8 right on both.' I'd played only one player quiz, plus one quizbot one (which was my original Easy challenge), so shouldn't really have been given the credit.

#953985 - Thu Dec 06 2012 11:33 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
Added the timing rules for Experts' Duel to the game FAQ, it would however still be helpful to have an obvious, bold warning message in your challenge if you can't start yet - it's easy to lose track of this restriction even if you know about it and it could lead to the first player locking himself out of an hour he really would have liked to play by making a jump start.

Something along the lines of "This challenge is not yet active. It will activate once you have been assigned an opponent - please check back in a few minutes!" should do.

Don't know how easy this would be to code as a dynamic display, however.

Done

#953986 - Thu Dec 06 2012 11:39 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Whoa... that's a strange one since "Harder Mix of Everything" shouldn't count for Brain Teasers in the first place. It should, if anything, count for General.

(This is probably however due to the icon choice - the "everything" mix uses the Brain Teaser lightbulb as an icon instead of General's question mark.)

The light-bulb type is a special designation to mean "all categories" for the quizbot quizzes. A side effect is that it's considered a brain teaser quiz while it exists.

#954010 - Thu Dec 06 2012 02:01 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Added the timing rules for Experts' Duel to the game FAQ, it would however still be helpful to have an obvious, bold warning message in your challenge if you can't start yet - it's easy to lose track of this restriction even if you know about it and it could lead to the first player locking himself out of an hour he really would have liked to play by making a jump start.

Something along the lines of "This challenge is not yet active. It will activate once you have been assigned an opponent - please check back in a few minutes!" should do.

Don't know how easy this would be to code as a dynamic display, however.

Wait a second. Last time I got this challenge, my WtE games counted before I got my opponent assigned. The Daily Challenges page listed me as the leader, even though there was no opponent.

I remember because it was late in the day, and I was wondering if I would ever get an opponent.

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Dec 06 2012 02:03 PM)

#954012 - Thu Dec 06 2012 02:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Not sure how that's possible gracious... the system is set up to display your expert scores only if you currently have an opponent set up. I don't see how that's possible.

If it does happen again, let me know (copy and paste the output even).

#954128 - Fri Dec 07 2012 12:42 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
My Easy Challenge for today was - Score 8 questions correctly in a quiz of the hour today.

Usually, not a major problem, but I copped http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/People/Modern-Greek-Kings-102300.html , which was an old 5-question quiz. Was hard to get eight correct.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#954143 - Fri Dec 07 2012 02:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ozzz2002]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
^lol. I have actually wondered if things like that would happen. Apparently it does.

-Nam

#954152 - Fri Dec 07 2012 03:32 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Nammage]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
That's only one hour - it would be absolutely amazing if 24 in a row were to be five-question quizzes. smile Sometimes it works the other way, and you only have to get 8 (or whatever) out of 20 or 25 questions, much easier than 8 out of 10.

#954190 - Fri Dec 07 2012 07:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
ozzz2002 Offline

I just played another Hourly, and got a 15-question quiz.

On average, I am quite happy smile

Edited by ozzz2002 (Fri Dec 07 2012 07:43 AM)

#954363 - Fri Dec 07 2012 08:36 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ozzz2002]
ASA Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide
South Australia   
Originally Posted By: ozzz2002
I just played another Hourly, and got a 15-question quiz.

On average, I am quite happy smile

Lucky you didn't wait until now as another 5 question one is there (Lord of the rings)

#954403 - Sat Dec 08 2012 02:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ASA]
rossian Online   content

Loc: Merseyside UK 
There's another 5 question one now, which has rather stopped me in my tracks. I don't think it will change for a while, either, as it'll be backup time soon. Patience? What's that?

#954545 - Sun Dec 09 2012 03:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Northern Ontario Canada  
I played the word wizard game at 4:54 am, and scored 15/15, yet it did not give me a letter. Anyone else have that issue?

I need the letter to move towards my six-letter word.

Thanks.

yak smile

#954546 - Sun Dec 09 2012 04:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mayneeyak]
ozzz2002 Offline

Quote:
30. mayneeyak 15 3137 900

Looks like you took over 52 minutes to play- you must have just hit the maintenance period.

#954682 - Mon Dec 10 2012 12:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Are you running out of difficult challenges? I've had the Buzy Bee challenge three times in a week! Two days in a row as well.

Edited by Starlord (Mon Dec 10 2012 12:38 AM)

#954742 - Mon Dec 10 2012 11:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I know the same challenges don't appear in consecutive days (unless you use the Gold Member swap). However, does that still apply if you buy challenges? In other words, suppose I get the "Place in the top X in the FunTrivia triathlon". The next day, I get 3 new challenges and decide to buy a challenge. Is it possible I will once get the ""Place in the top X in the FunTrivia triathlon" challenge?

#954752 - Mon Dec 10 2012 01:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
I did use the swap yesterday and it appeared again today.

#954829 - Mon Dec 10 2012 06:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vermont USA
Regarding this hours Busy Bee (Japan), player caparica completed all quizzes in the catagory with high enough scores to win, if I'm correct. I thought I'd noted the same thing happen yesterday with the Busy Bee challenge but wasn't sure.
I contacted player directly and he thought he'd met the requirement but didn't know what to do about it. I sent a note back but think he's now off the site.

Edited by aedan57 (Mon Dec 10 2012 06:32 PM)

Page 52 of 100 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 100 >

Moderator:  Terry