Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 63 of 91 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 90 91 >
Topic Options
#961624 - Thu Jan 17 2013 02:04 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Ponycargirl has been awarded her badge. I've also added the code to automatically issue that badge from now on. In theory it's instant when you get the 8th.

Wesley: I was thinking something along those lines too. Will consider that in the upcoming changes.

#961626 - Thu Jan 17 2013 02:17 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Terry - check forum PM. I've sent you a link to a quick Excel calculator I wrote so that you can play around with epic probabilities in the progressive (as well as the current flat) format.

#961631 - Thu Jan 17 2013 02:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Thanks will do

#961690 - Fri Jan 18 2013 01:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Congratulations, ponycargirl. I haven't had an Epic this year! On the other hand, I've been lucky to get eight in total with only one duplication so I'm certainly not complaining. You've had really bad luck, Wes, not to get a single one.

#961729 - Fri Jan 18 2013 06:53 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vermont USA
I used my option os switching out the Buzy Bee challenge today but received the Busy Bee again for my new challenge.
I don't think I used the change option earlier in the week but perhaps I did and that is the reason.
Since I'm here, prior to today I've had the Busy Bee for my difficult challenge four times in about 10 days. Luck of the draw I guess but thought I'd pass the data along.

#961734 - Fri Jan 18 2013 07:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
I have had the Buzzy Bee several times and hate it. If I have the opportunity, I always swap it- if not, I ignore it and hope it goes away. smile

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#961771 - Fri Jan 18 2013 02:47 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

I'm having a problem with my difficult challenge that I bought today. I need to play quizzes in 16 categories and score 9 correct.
I played "obscure Musical Theater" for Humanities and "The Obscure Sports" for Sports.
I scored 10 correct on each but no credit. I have played the quizzes before but both well over 30 days prior.
My Humanities score didn't show a score at all for me when I went back and checked so I played it again, this time in quiz mode. My score did show then but still no credit.
My sports score isn't showing either but I have not replayed that quiz.
Thanks.
It's been awhile since I posted this, I know everyone is busy so will I'll just give up on todays challenge but hopefully the bug will be checked into at some point in time.

Edited by aedan57 (Fri Jan 18 2013 04:24 PM)

#961782 - Fri Jan 18 2013 04:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Are you sure you didn't play them in the last 30 days? Both of these titles qualify for "Mission Impossible" which you completed December 29. If you replayed them for the mission, this would explain why they don't show.

If you're absolutely sure, can you give me links to the quiz so that I can check the scores shown? Thanks!

#961784 - Fri Jan 18 2013 04:28 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

I just edited my post, was going to call it a day. Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm sure. The sports one listed me as havin played Dec. 1, 2012. Forget the date for the Humanities but similar time.
The quiz names were "Obscure Musical Theater" and "The Obscure Sports".
They are both "older" quizzes I believe, if that would matter.
Thanks

#961787 - Fri Jan 18 2013 04:35 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

The titles alone don't help me since I can't locate them from a quiz search (none of the keywords show them in the top 60 hits). Do you have a complete link or the exact subcategory they were in so I can find the exact quizzes?

(By the way - why do you specifically want to play these two? ANY Humanities quiz and Sports quiz will do to get those categories).

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Fri Jan 18 2013 04:36 PM)

#961789 - Fri Jan 18 2013 04:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Humanities/Obscure-Musical-Theatre-243771.html">Play Quiz: Obscure Musical Theatre now!</a>

I can play others, thought I should report the apparent bug in system, as I read we were asked to do.
I'm also hesitant to play others as getting 9 right isn't always easy in unfamiliar topics and if the score won't be counted it's time I'd rather use playing the hourly games.

Edited by aedan57 (Fri Jan 18 2013 04:47 PM)

#961794 - Fri Jan 18 2013 05:47 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Thanks. I've checked the quiz (which I had also played long ago, for Mission Impossible), playing it twice (once in HTML and once in game mode). In both cases, my score was registered, but only the HTML one seems to show in the play history.

Since the play and scoring is unrelated to the challenge (the challenge only looks at the scores you played today), it can't have an impact whether the quiz was for the challenge or not.

Pretty much the only thing I could imagine is that your browser erroneously cached the quiz results page and never actually submitted the quiz since none of your plays shows in the history at all. Terry can probably have a look at it to see if the server logs even contain a submit from you, but the problem is not related to the challenge.

#961795 - Fri Jan 18 2013 05:51 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
ssabreman Online   content
Prolific

Loc: K-W Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
Terry - check forum PM. I've sent you a link to a quick Excel calculator I wrote so that you can play around with epic probabilities in the progressive (as well as the current flat) format.

If you're going to juggle some codes for things like that, here's an idea that I just worked out. I converted a complicated numerical code into a simple letter code. If you could plug the code listed below into the system, I would really appreciate it.

send Lucky Duck >> ssabreman

#961799 - Fri Jan 18 2013 07:04 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Online   sick
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Lol ssabreman. That might work. wink

#961811 - Fri Jan 18 2013 08:36 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
One bug I've come across three times already is when you're asked to play PoC under a certain time. All three times, when I've gone to check out my challenges for the first time that day, I have already had a 10 better than the time given, but it doesn't accept the earlier scores from that day. I have to see the challenge page before I can beat the score needed. In the other challenges, all previous scores were counted. I think it's been 18.0 or better in all three instances. It just may be a particular challenged which needs a small tweak. It's not by design to require a first look before having to achieve the required time, is it? It's not exactly clear to me.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#961905 - Sat Jan 19 2013 09:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Lottie1001 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Westmorland UK
I've just played the quiz "'H' is for Hard" and scored 9 correct answers, but I haven't got the credit for my easy challenge to "Play a quiz whose title begins with the letter H and score at least 3 correct." I thought the quotation marks weren't counted.

#961910 - Sat Jan 19 2013 10:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
sooz888 Offline
Participant

Loc: Shropshire UK
I confess I haven't read through all comments in this thread, [and this is not strictly a bug, I'm sure] but I do wonder if I might be the player with the highest number of Daily Challenges completed [370] never to have been offered a single Epic!

#961921 - Sat Jan 19 2013 10:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: sooz888]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: sooz888
I confess I haven't read through all comments in this thread, [and this is not strictly a bug, I'm sure] but I do wonder if I might be the player with the highest number of Daily Challenges completed [370] never to have been offered a single Epic!

Wow, that does sound quite unusual (although very unlikely to be a bug). How many would you guess that you have bought?

~(_8(I)

#961927 - Sat Jan 19 2013 01:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: sooz888]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK
Originally Posted By: sooz888

I second Adam's WOW - I feel for you!
I thought I had it bad, I've completed 385 challenges of which were 4 Epics. But if you read back, even Wesley hasn't received 1 single Epic since the challenge started.

Edited by froggyx (Sat Jan 19 2013 01:41 PM)

#961929 - Sat Jan 19 2013 02:12 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Online   sick
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
It depends on how many we're bought, though. One could eventually have 10,000 completed, but if they haven't bought any, it's not too unusual. wink I wish I kept track of how many I've bought. :P

#961932 - Sat Jan 19 2013 02:47 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
sooz888 Offline
Participant

Loc: Shropshire UK
I buy a challenge every day that 'funds' allow. I try never to buy more than two a day, as they become increasingly expensive. I have certainly eked credits out to buy as many as possible, though - almost one a day since the Daily Challenges began, I would say...

#961944 - Sat Jan 19 2013 05:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
I do the same, Sooz. I have 394 under my belt and 2 of them were epics - both very early on in the game, and within days of each other I think, and the same challenge believe it or not! Since then, not a hint of an epic. But that's what random means and it doesn't bother me ....but if I'd never had one I would be very frustrated by now.

I hope you get one very, very soon! smile

And you, Wes!

Edited by Chavs (Sat Jan 19 2013 05:36 PM)

#962013 - Sun Jan 20 2013 03:38 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I just found out my medium challenge today is PoC in 22 or less. I've already achieved that today, but it's not acknowledged. There's a definite PoC daily challenge bug or difference from how the other daily challenges are scored.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#962014 - Sun Jan 20 2013 03:58 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

If I remember right, this particular stage type was changed to non-retroactive based on player feedback - a bunch of folks were not very happy to buy a challenge, get a difficult one and have it immediately solved from a game they play rather often. (Of course the same was then applied to the medium)

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Sun Jan 20 2013 03:59 PM)

#962015 - Sun Jan 20 2013 04:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I don't see why anyone would want it non-retroactive. You already completed the requirements; everything else stays the same except the time of day someone gets the challenge. Maybe they think it's too easy? I'd think people would be talking about too difficult challenges instead of too easy challenges.

Page 63 of 91 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 90 91 >

Moderator:  Terry