Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 37 of 93 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#833273 - Sun Oct 21 2012 12:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
collybird Offline
Participant

Loc: Angus-Forfarshire Scotland UK 
Originally Posted By: Starlord
Whoosh! That is me streaking across Funtrivia to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" as I pick up the Ten in a Day badgelet and the Daily Adventurer badge simultaneously for coming 1st or 2nd in the hourly Obscurity quiz (Actually came 1st 15/15 in 275 so if I didn't already have the Obscurity badge it would have been 3 in 1). Wahoo! grin

Congrats Starlord! I got my 'Ten in a Day' badgelet today too.

I've been planning that today would be the day all week. My heart sank this morning when my Difficult challenge was to win a badge/badgelet because I have all of the easily obtainable ones. But I got there in the end and by winning 'Ten in a Day' also succeeded in my original 'Difficult' challenge.

FT team the Daily Challenges really are a stroke of genius. Enjoying them greatly. Thank you for all your efforts.

And now for the Epics...

#833286 - Sun Oct 21 2012 01:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: collybird]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Originally Posted By: collybird
Congrats Starlord! I got my 'Ten in a Day' badgelet today too.

I've been planning that today would be the day all week. My heart sank this morning when my Difficult challenge was to win a badge/badgelet because I have all of the easily obtainable ones. But I got there in the end and by winning 'Ten in a Day' also succeeded in my original 'Difficult' challenge.

FT team the Daily Challenges really are a stroke of genius. Enjoying them greatly. Thank you for all your efforts.

And now for the Epics...

Congratulations collybird. Mutual backslapping going on here. smilee

My first difficult challenge after the normal three was to win any hourly quiz that was removed immediately using my gold member perk. I knew that was going to happen, just didn't expect to get the Obscurity challenge back a little later.

#833435 - Mon Oct 22 2012 01:33 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
ga_jam831 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Warner Robins Georgia USA     
I have a medium challenge requiring me to complete a crossword puzzle. I am pretty sure I have all but the 3 of the answers. If I switch to easy mode, will it still count? The challenge does not specify if I have to play it in regular or easy mode. I would hate to lose the challenge by switching to easy mode as it took me forever to get the answers I have now.

#833437 - Mon Oct 22 2012 01:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ga_jam831]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
I believe if the challenge doesn't specify, then it will still count for you to complete it in Easy Mode. I did one early on, and am pretty sure I used Easy for it. Perhaps someone can definitively say.

Edited by reeshy (Mon Oct 22 2012 01:39 PM)

#833440 - Mon Oct 22 2012 02:01 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Yes, you can definitely use Easy Mode as long as the challenge does not specify that you have to use Hard Mode to complete it (only the Difficult challenge requires that you use a specific mode).

#833473 - Mon Oct 22 2012 04:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
MargW Offline
Participant

Loc: Ontario Canada
A little bit of frustration. I got an epic challenge, part of which is to complete a crossword in difficult mode. OK - done, I think. But it won't submit, so in frustration, I switch to easy mode. It says that my answer to Hungarian sheepdog is not Puli but Pumi.

I have messaged the author to see if it is indeed an error in the puzzle or if there really is a Pumi sheepdog. If it is a puzzle error, is there anyway to get my credit?

The puzzle title is Flotsam and Jetsom

Thanks

#833474 - Mon Oct 22 2012 05:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
MargW Offline
Participant

Sigh - just found out there is a Pumi dog - Oh well - there's an epic challenge gone. As Scarlett would say - tomorrow is another day.

#833475 - Mon Oct 22 2012 05:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: MargW]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumi_(dog)

Seems to be a dog.

I've always wanted a Puli, it would be like having a snuffling floormop. wink

#833575 - Tue Oct 23 2012 05:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Are there any challenges related to the Monster Quiz or the two GM dailies (Pot of Gold and the World Quiz)?

I've been infested with Daily Game and Mind Melt challenges, and have gotten any challenges relating to Dailies.

#833579 - Tue Oct 23 2012 06:04 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: George95]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: George95
Are there any challenges related to the Monster Quiz or the two GM dailies (Pot of Gold and the World Quiz)?

I've been infested with Daily Game and Mind Melt challenges, and have gotten any challenges relating to Dailies.

None related to the Monster Quiz, I believe. Edit: Well, I haven't gotten it yet, nor tested it...

For the other two, you will come across some *extremely* difficult challenges that may contain PoG and the World. I don't recall them being used in challenges like the Daily Game or Mind Melt, score x number of questions correct or x points.

Edited by Mariamir (Tue Oct 23 2012 06:09 AM)

#833580 - Tue Oct 23 2012 06:05 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
I've been asked to play the Monster Quiz once.

#833595 - Tue Oct 23 2012 06:45 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
I've had to do the Monster Quiz twice.

#833601 - Tue Oct 23 2012 08:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I know there is an Easy challenge, which is to simply play the game.

#833850 - Wed Oct 24 2012 12:15 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
I'd like to remind you all that this is a thread for technical bugs and questions about ambiguous challenges.

Please move discussion of stuff unrelated to bugs to a new thread.

Thanks

#833865 - Wed Oct 24 2012 02:24 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Good point. "10 in a day" discussion split to another thread.

#833885 - Wed Oct 24 2012 03:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Tekka Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vancouver
BC Canada
I have a Medium quiz:

'Play 5 quizzes in sub-category War History'
I've played some and scored enough but not been given credit for them?

Great & Famous Military Leaders
Famous People who Spied on the Side
WWII Spying 123
WW2 Code Names
Make Do and Mend

Please help, thanks.

#833891 - Wed Oct 24 2012 03:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Tekka]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Tekka
I have a Medium quiz:

'Play 5 quizzes in sub-category War History'
I've played some and scored enough but not been given credit for them?

Great & Famous Military Leaders
Famous People who Spied on the Side
WWII Spying 123
WW2 Code Names
Make Do and Mend

Please help, thanks.

Perhaps it only counts quizzes on the main "War History" page, and not in any of the further subcats. "Make Do and Mend" is technically in the "World War II" subcat of "War History".

#833903 - Wed Oct 24 2012 03:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Tekka Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vancouver
BC Canada
Thanks Kaddarsgirl. I'll stay in main 'War History' - sub category choices were easier options for me, but I'll persevere:)

Yes, it worked by staying on 'War History' and not choosing any of the subcats shown.

Edited by Tekka (Wed Oct 24 2012 05:11 PM)

#833911 - Wed Oct 24 2012 04:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Tekka]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Post deleted. Sorry, Kaddarsgirl, for some reason I missed your reply.

Edited by Chavs (Wed Oct 24 2012 04:20 PM)

#834192 - Thu Oct 25 2012 04:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
I just bought this Easy challenge:

You're in luck! Score doesn't matter. Simply play in the Bus Ride game today.
Not yet. Incomplete

However, I played it and do not have credit for the challenge. Any idea why? (I have to admit; I just guessed and got 7/15 right, but it did say score didn't matter.)

#834195 - Thu Oct 25 2012 04:17 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: malik24]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: malik24

Not yet. Incomplete

However, I played it and do not have credit for the challenge. Any idea why? (I have to admit; I just guessed and got 7/15 right, but it did say score didn't matter.)

Bug fixed.

#834196 - Thu Oct 25 2012 04:27 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
Originally Posted By: Terry
Originally Posted By: malik24

Not yet. Incomplete

Bug fixed.

Thanks.

#834233 - Thu Oct 25 2012 08:46 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: malik24]
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
Difficult: Rank in the top 3 (in your division) in one of your Global Challenge games today (when the set closes).

If someone playing Hardcore was third on the list but took more than 130 seconds or got less than 10 right would they still get credit for the challenge?
I'm looking at the Gymnastics category in today's Global. So far (as of 8:30pm EDT) in Division 8 the top two scorers took more than 130 seconds and the third highest has 8 correct. I'm seventh at this point so it's just a hypothetical question, but it would be nice to know in case this challenge comes up again.

#834235 - Thu Oct 25 2012 08:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Julia103]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Julia103
Difficult: Rank in the top 3 (in your division) in one of your Global Challenge games today (when the set closes).

If someone playing Hardcore was third on the list but took more than 130 seconds or got less than 10 right would they still get credit for the challenge?
I'm looking at the Gymnastics category in today's Global. So far (as of 8:30pm EDT) in Division 8 the top two scorers took more than 130 seconds and the third highest has 8 correct. I'm seventh at this point so it's just a hypothetical question, but it would be nice to know in case this challenge comes up again.

I'm curious about this too. We never covered normal vs hardcore scoring when we were doing testing.

#834251 - Thu Oct 25 2012 11:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Here's a strange bug. Today my hard challeng is to score at least 8 questions correct in any quiz in 17 different categories. As I complete the challenge, it lists the successful category and gives a green checkmark.

Here's the weird part. For some reason, it lists Hobbies twice. It goes down Humanities, Geography, General, Entertainment, Hobbies, Music, Movies, and then (BOOM!) Hobbies again!

Hope you can fix this. Would prefer to win challenge honestly. :-)

Page 37 of 93 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry