Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 55 of 89 < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 88 89 >
Topic Options
#956736 - Fri Dec 21 2012 08:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
I think they have to have found the challenges to be given one!

#956742 - Fri Dec 21 2012 09:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dippo]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Yes, if they've found the challenge page, then they are "experienced" enough to be placed against any competitor. wink They just happened to click at around the same time as a good player. Could have just as easily been assigned another new member. Just the way the dice fall, I guess.

#956744 - Fri Dec 21 2012 09:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

England UK         
How do I make it clearer? They signed up today. They've played one quiz. They're in a Nemesis Challenge with me. I don't think that's fair on them.

#956748 - Fri Dec 21 2012 10:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dippo]
WesleyCrusher Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Actually, it isn't necessarily fair on you - if they really care, they can play 100 of the easiest quizzes and beat you 15,000 to whatever smile

#956758 - Fri Dec 21 2012 10:49 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

I also believe that if they found the challenges already, on their first day, they know about them already. They will see their challenge, and if they care, they will complete the challenge. They will do their darndest to beat you; they found the challenges, they know what it entails.

Age matters not. smile

#956759 - Fri Dec 21 2012 10:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

England UK         
I hope you're getting my subliminal message.

#956765 - Fri Dec 21 2012 11:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dippo]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Nope. Didn't get it. Mine hasn't been working for quite some time, either. :P

#956766 - Fri Dec 21 2012 11:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dippo]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
Originally Posted By: dippo
How do I make it clearer? They signed up today. They've played one quiz. They're in a Nemesis Challenge with me. I don't think that's fair on them.

For what it's worth, I agree in principle but think the challenge is infrequent enough that it's not a big deal in the long run.

I don't really think the scenario of a total newbie formulating an optimum strategy and running competitively is at all likely though -- they're just finding what the site is about. Most likely they will see the high level, think "oh" and not bother trying. Or, like many newbies, push a few tabs and buttons and not come back at all. It's possible, but so is the world ending today, and, you know... *shrug*

#956775 - Fri Dec 21 2012 11:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: malik24]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:
Most likely they will see the high level, think "oh" and not bother trying

Why only newbies? If I saw a high level competitor, I would do the same thing. wink I can earn points, but I only ever hit 10,000 in a day if I won Crystal Ball a few times. I struggle and spend hours and hours on end if I want to reach a high number. :P

#956781 - Fri Dec 21 2012 12:26 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
suzi_greer Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Indiana USA
I was trying to exchange my difficult challenge for another, a gold member perk. I clicked on the area to exchange, went to the next screen, clicked to exchange difficult (had a choice of difficult and easy), and the screen started 'clocking' - don't know what it's called when you're waiting for the screen to change. I waited and waited, even got up and came back, still clocking so I hit the refresh and was told the option was already used. You can see on my Daily Challenge screen that it has not been used. Don't know that this is so much a D C problem as a slow moving system problem. But I've been playing for a while today and not had to wait for any screens to change.

#956782 - Fri Dec 21 2012 12:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Quote:
Most likely they will see the high level, think "oh" and not bother trying

Why only newbies? If I saw a high level competitor, I would do the same thing. wink I can earn points, but I only ever hit 10,000 in a day if I won Crystal Ball a few times. I struggle and spend hours and hours on end if I want to reach a high number. :P

Well, yeah, everyone has people they wouldn't bother against. But combined with other factors it would be more dissuading to a newbie I think to meet a level 120 or so than for another level 120 to meet that person.

Not a big deal in the long run though... I skip several challenges myself -- Crystal Ball, Scavenger hunt, and the ones which ask you to play tons of quizzes, for example.

#956788 - Fri Dec 21 2012 01:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Verbonica Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Napa Valley California USA
Is it ok to coordinate strategy in the Twin Challenge? I tried to do this with my Twin yesterday. I sent 3 messages to try to help us get it and she never responded. Did she think this was cheating or something?

I managed to maneuver my point scores so that we both earned the "complete", but I just wonder what the proper protocol is...?

#956791 - Fri Dec 21 2012 02:11 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Verbonica]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: Verbonica
Is it ok to coordinate strategy in the Twin Challenge? I tried to do this with my Twin yesterday. I sent 3 messages to try to help us get it and she never responded. Did she think this was cheating or something?

I managed to maneuver my point scores so that we both earned the "complete", but I just wonder what the proper protocol is...?

Why, definitely. I've done it with every one of my Twins, whether in testing (well, we didn't even send messages. We communicated telepathically without my knowing and understood. wink Think that was the only time salami's subliminal messages worked...because it was about concrete points. :D) or afterwards with other people. I found, though, that sometimes my number of messages beside the link to the mailbox sometimes doesn't increase when I've got a new message, so there was a slight problem sometimes.

Edited by Mariamir (Fri Dec 21 2012 02:12 PM)

#956797 - Fri Dec 21 2012 02:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

I have communicated with my twin several times. I recall one that we stayed in constant communication, alerting each other if we played even a single game, changing our point total. :P

Nothing wrong with it. Perhaps your player doesn't check the mailbox, or perhaps they did feel it was cheating? Whatever their thoughts were, just know that it's not "cheating" to speak with your partner. I believe, in testing, it was encouraged. Makes it more fun if you have a PARTNER to work with, not simply a moving points target. wink

#956806 - Fri Dec 21 2012 03:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
The Twin has to be the easiest of the Difficult Challenges. 500 pts minimum and zero difference? That's the two Team games and three Global Challenge star games (100 pts five times) Even easier is the two Teams and two Newest Mixed quizzes (100 + 100 + 150 + 150). Takes ten minutes. Another, more time consuming way for Golds is to get 50 correct Quick Quiz answers (That way you can have non-impacting wrong answers). Sit and watch until your Twin gets to 500. Challenge complete, play on more for the day if you want. And, Non Golds can get twenty correct and two newest Mixeds for the 500.

Sorry, this is strategy and not a bug report.
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#956842 - Fri Dec 21 2012 07:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Verbonica]
sb22705 Offline
Participant

Hooking up with your "twin" is the really fun part of the challenge. I have met people that I would never have if not for the challenge.

#956847 - Fri Dec 21 2012 07:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: spanishliz]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I did successfully complete the Quiz of the Hour, in that I got more than half the questions right. Yet I was not given credit for in the Daily Challenges. That is what I've tried reporting for several days now.

#956899 - Sat Dec 22 2012 07:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
It didn't ask you to play it in a specific mode, by any chance? Quiz mode probably? And you played in HTML or Flash? I've been caught out on that one before, though perhaps not on the Q of the H.

Edited by Chavs (Sat Dec 22 2012 07:24 AM)

#956907 - Sat Dec 22 2012 08:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]

Administrator

QotH doesn't ask you for any specific mode in the challenges, but if you play something in Quiz or Flash mode, you need to make sure you actually terminate the Flash game and get to the results page. I made this mistake before - closed the Flash when seeing my final score and it didn't actually yet transfer the points, so also no credit for QotH.

#956921 - Sat Dec 22 2012 09:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
Does that mean that in HTML mode if we skip the "Wait while we transfer you" screen we don't get credit?

Edited by mehaul (Sat Dec 22 2012 09:30 AM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#956940 - Sat Dec 22 2012 11:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Johnsnow Offline
Participant

Loc: Arkansas USA
Can somebody direct me to the "My Daily Quiz" game? I can't find it anywhere, and I need it for a daily challenge. Thank you.

#956942 - Sat Dec 22 2012 12:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Johnsnow]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
There's a link from the Home page, in the large panel in the middle, near the bottom of the column headed "Daily Games". Be careful - if you need to set/check the difficulty level, click on "setup" first and choose the level you need. Then click on the "save" button before you open the quiz.

#956943 - Sat Dec 22 2012 12:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Johnsnow]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: K-W Ontario Canada
Under Daily Games, lower left, between The Brain Twist and International.

#956948 - Sat Dec 22 2012 12:59 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ssabreman]
Johnsnow Offline
Participant

Loc: Arkansas USA
Oh... You mean the icon right in front of my face under daily games. I feel like a fool now, but maybe the embarrassment will subside after I take down another challenge. Thanks guys, for the help...

#956951 - Sat Dec 22 2012 01:38 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Johnsnow]

Administrator

Mehaul, no, the "wait" screen is safe. It's just that after a Flash game, you must actually click the end link in the Flash applet and get your score page - merely seeing the end screen inside the Flash is NOT enough. Once the Flash applet is unloaded, you're scored.

Page 55 of 89 < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 88 89 >

Moderator:  Terry