Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 25 of 93 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#829392 - Thu Oct 04 2012 12:57 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: JanIQ]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Perth Western Australia       
RE: the weekly gold member option of changing a challenge.

When does the week start and finish?

Is it the same as the usual FT week used for the level perks? Or is it just a week since you did the last one?

#829396 - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:01 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: nautilator]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: nautilator
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
The problem with any it deems "too high" is that a LOT of people only get very high scores. Also, I think, if the higher scores were removed, it wouldn't be a challenge to complete it anymore (it would be an activity), especially not at the Medium/High difficulty levels where the challenges currently exist.

The magic word is percentile. Make it so that you have to beat a score that randomly falls between (say) your 60th and 90th percentile.

Actually, I prefer a wide random range over a set difficulty range like you suggest.

This way, the very same challenge can vary significantly in difficulty. I like the idea that challenges can feel different not only by type, but also in the same challenge differing over time.

#829400 - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
miffy42 Offline
Explorer

Loc: York Yorkshire UK            
I have just purchased, a daily challenge costing me 12 credits and i find that my quest is to score at least 20 in the Daily Game. Seeing as i have already played this game and scored 19 i find this a bit unfair that i have totally wasted my credits.

By the way, it says i have to get AT LEAST 20. I'd like to know from anyone who has scored more than 20 smile

#829401 - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Midget, each "week" begins on Monday at Midnight (FT Time), the same "week" that the level perks use. smile

#829402 - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Miffy, it's not unfair at all that you have already played the game. It's just unlucky that you already played and only had 19. :P

#829412 - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Perth Western Australia       
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Midget, each "week" begins on Monday at Midnight (FT Time), the same "week" that the level perks use. smile

Thank you.

I wont play any games until I've looked at my challenges for the day in case I need to try extra hard LOL - Don't think I'd purchase any after I did any of the dailys either

#829414 - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:24 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
That's why in the FAQ it says something along the lines of don't play daily games until you know what your challenges are.

#829420 - Thu Oct 04 2012 01:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: miffy42]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: miffy42
By the way, it says i have to get AT LEAST 20. I'd like to know from anyone who has scored more than 20 smile

The reason it says "at least" 20 is because the challenge text remains the same, and it is only the number that changes. It can be as low as "at least 13" which I got for an Easy challenge in testing one day. It's a whole lot easier to keep the same text and change the number than create a new challenge with new words that is only for that one number, and also remove that number from the current challenge.

#829463 - Thu Oct 04 2012 04:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: miffy42]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: miffy42

I remember the sense of bemusement I felt when asked to get at least 30 correct in Mind Melt. Of course it makes sense for most of the possible numbers, just looks a bit strange when the maximum score gets inserted. crazy

#829464 - Thu Oct 04 2012 04:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Terry, when you get a moment, don't forget to check your inbox. Need to know if something is possible for 'a particular project'. smile

#829471 - Thu Oct 04 2012 05:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Buddy1
That's why in the FAQ it says something along the lines of don't play daily games until you know what your challenges are.

I can understand that it must feel a little unsatisfying/unfulfilling failing a challenge the instant you gain it, but in reality, you had an equal opportunity to score 20 this morning as you do this afternoon, so it's certainly not "unfair" in any way that I can see.

#829476 - Thu Oct 04 2012 06:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
Originally Posted By: Terry
Re: Flash.

If you don't want to get any challenges that involve flash, load your challenge page for the first time of the day using your iPad or phone. The challenge generator will notice you're on a phone/ipad and make sure not to select flash-type challenges for the day for you.

This should probably be added to the FAQ too!

Thank you!

#829480 - Thu Oct 04 2012 07:11 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: golfmom08]
george48 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ottawa
  Ontario Canada   
Ready to take a tour of our categories? Score 10 or higher in a quiz in 17 different categories (Animals, Brain Teasers, Geography, etc). You may replay quizzes not taken in the past 30 days.

This challenge is a bit confusing, does it mean i have to play quizzes that are ten questions long and score perfectly, or do i need to play ones that are 15 questions or longer and score at least 10 right of those?

#829481 - Thu Oct 04 2012 07:24 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: george48]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Just wanted to reiterate a discrepancy I found the other day, since there was no response.

The challenge is: "Play 2 new player-created quizzes that are added to FunTrivia today, scoring at least 50% in each."

Well, it counted a bot-created quiz, Animal Mix, as valid! So I got credit for completing the challenge even though I had only played one new player-created quiz. I assume you genuinely only wanted player-created quizzes to count.

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Oct 04 2012 07:25 PM)

#829490 - Thu Oct 04 2012 09:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: george48]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Originally Posted By: george48
Ready to take a tour of our categories? Score 10 or higher in a quiz in 17 different categories (Animals, Brain Teasers, Geography, etc). You may replay quizzes not taken in the past 30 days.

This challenge is a bit confusing, does it mean i have to play quizzes that are ten questions long and score perfectly, or do i need to play ones that are 15 questions or longer and score at least 10 right of those?

Either, as long as you get 10 questions correct in any one quiz.

#829493 - Thu Oct 04 2012 09:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
AlexxSchneider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Perth Scotland UK             
Miffy, unless you for some reason don't try as hard when a game isn't related to the Daily Challenges, it makes no odds whether you played before or after you received the challenge - a 20 would have won you the challenge either way.

#829499 - Thu Oct 04 2012 10:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: george48]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: george48

Either one would work.

#829506 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:11 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
reedy Offline
Explorer

Loc: Manitoba Canada
Score at least 6 answers correct in one of the following Editor's Choice quizzes.

General Science Part II, by wimm (only has 5 questions)

#829508 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AdamM7]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: AdamM7
Apparently, there are challenges on the global challenge. What happens during the weeks where one GC has just finished and the other hasn't started yet?

These challenges won't be issued.

#829570 - Fri Oct 05 2012 06:31 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
playmate1111 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: South Africa
One of my challenges for today "Point scramble! Use Quiz Game mode to score 2823 points playing quizzes in each of the following categories: Sports, Television, Literature."

I have already played several sports quizzes in sports but still show 0/2823. Help please!

#829573 - Fri Oct 05 2012 07:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: playmate1111]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Can you tell me the title and author of one of the quizzes you played so I can check?

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Fri Oct 05 2012 07:06 AM)

#829581 - Fri Oct 05 2012 08:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
dsimpy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Belfast Ireland
Here's a crazy glitch! cry

My difficult challenge today is to play 6 tough or difficult quizzes in a row, scoring 8 or more correct in each.

I've just played Robert 907's recent quiz (it's a good one! smilee) - 'They Died in September 2012 (North American)'.

It was rated Tough when I started doing the quiz. I got 10/10 which apparently downrated it to Average (maybe even getting 8/10 would have done the same?).

I didn't get the credit for it. The system says: 'They Died in September 2012 (North American): Not the required difficulty'

All I can say is 'Grawlix'! mad

#829582 - Fri Oct 05 2012 09:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Playmate, are you clicking "Quiz Game" when you play the quiz? Playing it in regular mode will not score. You must play the quiz game version for it to count. That is the one that makes each question start with 100 points, then gradually goes down as you take longer to answer. smile

#829583 - Fri Oct 05 2012 09:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Salami, I was wondering the same thing, that's why I wanted to look at a played score (they look different in the quiz history)

#829585 - Fri Oct 05 2012 09:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Aah, that's true, they do look different, don't they. :P

Page 25 of 93 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry