Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 85 of 93 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#1025414 - Wed Dec 11 2013 08:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Rossian, all you need is two.

#1025419 - Wed Dec 11 2013 08:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Besides, Kyle has 2 whole pages (at least) of quizzes that fit the requirements, odds are you'd hit at least 2 correct, by pure guessing, on enough quizzes to snag the Daily Challenge. That was a good suggestion by nautilator.

#1025429 - Wed Dec 11 2013 08:51 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
Besides, Kyle has 2 whole pages (at least) of quizzes that fit the requirements, odds are you'd hit at least 2 correct, by pure guessing, on enough quizzes to snag the Daily Challenge. That was a good suggestion by nautilator.

No it wasn't - I was saving up Kyle's little heap of "quizzes without 50 ratings" for my own challenges - now everyone else will do them and my store cupboard will be empty!

#1025436 - Wed Dec 11 2013 09:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dg_dave]
rossian Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Originally Posted By: dg_dave
Rossian, all you need is two.

My point exactly!

#1025452 - Wed Dec 11 2013 09:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
MiraJane Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy

No it wasn't - I was saving up Kyle's little heap of "quizzes without 50 ratings" for my own challenges - now everyone else will do them and my store cupboard will be empty!

Oh, but Kyle writes so many quizzes I am sure there will be another 20 from him soon that will fit the challenge requirement.

Edited by MiraJane (Wed Dec 11 2013 09:41 AM)

#1025501 - Wed Dec 11 2013 03:32 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
CmdrK Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Nevada USA
Kyle, I think you're being left-handed-complimented to the max!

#1025795 - Fri Dec 13 2013 02:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pruittgolf Offline
Participant

Loc: North Carolina USA
One of my daily challenges says play a quiz by a certain author. I searched the quiz through quizzes by author and it says player not found. Then I searched by player name and again it said player not found. Should it be this hard to find the quiz. What am I doing wrong?

#1025796 - Fri Dec 13 2013 02:45 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Try copying their name into the spot in your profile page that says Look up Player - you can then access their quizzes through the listing in their profile.

#1025797 - Fri Dec 13 2013 02:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pruittgolf Offline
Participant

I did that. it said player not found.

#1025798 - Fri Dec 13 2013 02:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Also, make sure there are no spaces when you enter the player's name in the search box. (If you are using copy-and-paste to enter the name, for example, you might not notice a simple space at the start of the name but it can lead to the "player not found" message.)

#1025800 - Fri Dec 13 2013 03:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pruittgolf Offline
Participant

Tried to copy and paste and it went through this time. Thanks!

#1026198 - Mon Dec 16 2013 02:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Midget40]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Midget40
Just a thought but I've had this Medium challenge a few times recently:

"Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have fewer than 50 ratings. Play and rate them."

This is getting increasingly difficult presumably because of the challenges - its still doable but I think it is now a lot harder than a lot of the difficult challenges.

Just a thought that maybe this should now be a difficult challenge or keep it medium but have less to find or a higher number than 50.

Good point on this one. Have altered it now to allow up to 100 rates.

#1026334 - Tue Dec 17 2013 02:19 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK
Is it only me, or does 'Score at least 2518 points in a FunTrivia Triathlon' as a medium challenge seems slightly harsh?
I've had this challenge a few times and had to swap a couple of times (But I think to remember it was set as difficult then).
Basically this means, you should should score 10/10 (or maybe 1 of them allows 9/10) in all 3 hourlies in a relatively good time each.
As you need to get lucky to get your stronger categories in the same hour anyway, plus the mixed hourly is quit random too.
2518 just seems rather hard crazy

Edited by froggyx (Tue Dec 17 2013 02:22 PM)

#1026336 - Tue Dec 17 2013 02:36 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: froggyx]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: froggyx
Is it only me, or does 'Score at least 2518 points in a FunTrivia Triathlon' as a medium challenge seems slightly harsh?
I've had this challenge a few times and had to swap a couple of times (But I think to remember it was set as difficult then).
Basically this means, you should should score 10/10 (or maybe 1 of them allows 9/10) in all 3 hourlies in a relatively good time each.
As you need to get lucky to get your stronger categories in the same hour anyway, plus the mixed hourly is quit random too.

I'm 99.99% sure that Daily Challenges that require certain scores in hourly or daily games are tailored specifically to you, based on your scores over a certain period of time before you get the challenge. That's how it was in testing, anyway. We all had different target scores. The system must think that you're really good at the Triathlon. smile

#1026338 - Tue Dec 17 2013 03:01 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
froggyx Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
Originally Posted By: froggyx

I'm 99.99% sure that Daily Challenges that require certain scores in hourly or daily games are tailored specifically to you, based on your scores over a certain period of time before you get the challenge. That's how it was in testing, anyway. We all had different target scores. The system must think that you're really good at the Triathlon. smile

confused Hmm, I don't think I do THAT well on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong, I do get a good hour (SOME DAYS) here and there if my favourite categories come up in the same hours, but it doesn't happen so often crazy

#1027565 - Wed Dec 25 2013 01:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
DeepHistory Offline
Participant

Loc: Thassos Greece
Merry Christmas, you all!
I am having a problem with the Easier Daily Challenge today. It says "Play a mixed quiz (as listed on the homepage under Newest Mixed Quizzes) and score 590 points. Click the PLAY link (not HTML) for credit." However, when I play a mixed quiz (from the FT Quiz Bot) it says "no passthrough". I have tried 4 times with 4 different mixed quizzes. What happens? Can anybody help me?

#1027614 - Wed Dec 25 2013 09:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Please enable Internet Explorer compatibility mode. It's the first thing to try if you get *any* bugs with IE on FunTrivia (in fact, I recommend that every player using IE do it right away even if they don't have any error at the moment. It prevents a lot of problems.)

For detailed instructions:

http://www.funtrivia.com/forums/ubbthrea..._Ex#Post1025495

#1029295 - Fri Jan 10 2014 08:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
rossian Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I had to play this quiz today as one of my challenges:

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?id=26233

Eleven questions? I know it's an old quiz, but that's a first for me.

#1029297 - Fri Jan 10 2014 08:11 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
There's a small handful of this kind - don't remember how those came to be.

Of course sometimes I'd wish that experienced authors could create quizzes anywhere between 10 and 26 questions... would offer some really nice thematic opportunities!

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Fri Jan 10 2014 08:12 AM)

#1029298 - Fri Jan 10 2014 08:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
That quiz went online even before I started, and next month will be 13 years for me!

#1029299 - Fri Jan 10 2014 09:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I recall there being a quiz with 18 questions in it--and I believe it was on a topic I knew about. Too bad I can't remember anything about it.

#1029314 - Fri Jan 10 2014 01:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
I have finally rebuilt the "Mixed Quizzes" section on the homepage to use the 'new' interface that doesn't require flash. That should fix that IE bug too.

Next I'll see if I can get the new interface to work with the international game so we can get rid of flash from there too.

#1029789 - Tue Jan 14 2014 12:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Anton Offline
Mainstay

Loc: California USA
Originally Posted By: DailyChallengeBot
Rumor has it that you scored 1470 points in the Team Heroes game on Jan 02 14. Beat that score today.

How can this possibly be a medium challenge?

#1029793 - Tue Jan 14 2014 01:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
MiraJane Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Terry

Next I'll see if I can get the new interface to work with the international game so we can get rid of flash from there too.

Cool!

And maybe InstaQuiz will work with your magic touch too ...

Then my poor Twins won't get stuck having to match my weird points & I can actually do it myself sometime.

Note: the above makes almost sense to me at just after 2am. I hope it makes sense to all that read this.

#1029859 - Tue Jan 14 2014 09:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pent2go Offline
Participant

Loc: Ontario Canada
My Easy challenge which just tells me to play Brain Twist has a link that doesn't actually take me to the Brain Twist game; it just takes me to the homepage.

Page 85 of 93 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry