Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 54 of 93 < 1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#955903 - Mon Dec 17 2012 01:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Well another challenge I'm not going to bother with; Score a Word Wizard Gold Member Game word of exactly 10 letters. I get the word "leadenness" and check it in the dictionary, guess what it isn't in. This was one of the reasons I stopped playing the Gold member Word Wizard mini-game in the first place it got too frustrating gettin words and not being able to use them.

#955922 - Mon Dec 17 2012 04:56 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: zippolover]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Originally Posted By: zippolover
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I just bought a challenge - and I had already failed when I went to look as I had already played the game earlier. That is sooo frustrating frown

Ahh... so frustrating. Commiserations. smile

The FAQ warns us that this might happen so I usually wait until I know all my daily challenges before playing my daily games in case it tells me to play in a certain mode etc. Of course, it's no guarantee that I won't fail anyway, lol!

#955933 - Mon Dec 17 2012 06:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Stoke on Trent StaffordshireUK
Hi,one of my challenges is to play in the Daily game.I was about to play but it's saying Ive played it and I'm lying in second place???

#955942 - Mon Dec 17 2012 07:51 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracie3]
MargW Offline
Participant

Loc: Ontario Canada
Daily game has not yet reset (7:50 a.m.), and I need to play it as one of my challenges. Any chance of getting this looked at?

#955943 - Mon Dec 17 2012 08:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: MargW]
bigyaz Offline
Participant

Loc: Connecticut USA
I've got the same Daily Game issue as MargW, as of 9 AM EST.

#955944 - Mon Dec 17 2012 08:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bigyaz]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      

#955975 - Mon Dec 17 2012 03:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dsimpy]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Originally Posted By: dsimpy
Originally Posted By: cubswin2323
TD! It pays to save up. I saved up 200 credits before starting, so I still have 61 left in the "bank"! Nice.

Can I have a loan until payday? grin

That's an interesting idea. Would it be possible for folks to be able to sell credits to other players? Maybe swap them for points or something? Maybe a badgelet or badge for selling "X-many" credits over time?

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#955976 - Mon Dec 17 2012 03:59 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I remember a point-betting game in the works several years back, but it never came to fruition. The reason was because once you have points, that's it, you have them. You cannot trade them, you cannot sell them, etc. I would imagine this falls into the same vein; and couldn't be done. I think the server space to do such a task was monumental too, if I recall.

Although, I would absolutely LOVE to buy 200 credits... I can never seem to get over 20; I itch at the chance for an epic and cannot hold onto the credits for some reason. :P

#955977 - Mon Dec 17 2012 04:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

I'll gladly trade credits for uh... I don't know... maybe a duck?

#956011 - Mon Dec 17 2012 10:32 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: George95]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Originally Posted By: Daily Challenge Page
Difficult

Completion: Three FunTrivia Credits

Gain credit for successfully completing 6 quizzes of the hour today.

What constitutes success? I just played one of the hourly quizzes and my challenge complete count didn't increase.

#956012 - Mon Dec 17 2012 10:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Star Poster

Quote:
This is the current Quiz of the Hour!
You will earn 100 bonus points for scoring at least 50%.

That is the blurb on the Play Quiz page for the Quiz of the Hour. Looking at the recent scores on the current one, I note that you did not score high enough this hour.

#956013 - Mon Dec 17 2012 10:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I assumed successfully completing meant getting enough right to receive the message about having received points for playing the Quiz of the Hour. That's been sufficient for me when I had that challenge.

#956016 - Mon Dec 17 2012 10:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: mehaul
Originally Posted By: Daily Challenge Page
Difficult

Completion: Three FunTrivia Credits

Gain credit for successfully completing 6 quizzes of the hour today.

What constitutes success? I just played one of the hourly quizzes and my challenge complete count didn't increase.

That's what happened to me yesterday. I ended up swapping the challenge out. I reported it but got no response.

#956021 - Mon Dec 17 2012 10:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Liz and LT are correct-- had this one the other day. Not an error.

#956025 - Mon Dec 17 2012 11:29 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Thanks for the replies.
I didn't ask regarding the outcome of a game I'd played. I asked because the meaning of success isn't stated in the challenge. Almost all other challenges tell you what you need to accomplish to be successful (get 6 right, score 8 right, answer 70%, etc.). Couldn't "Score at least 50% right" be added to the Challenge blurb?

Edited by mehaul (Mon Dec 17 2012 11:41 PM)

#956039 - Tue Dec 18 2012 12:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Star Poster

I really don't think it is necessary. "Successful" means meet the standard set on the Play Quiz page of the game. It is pretty straightforward.

#956056 - Tue Dec 18 2012 03:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: spanishliz]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Speak of the devil-- got it again today.

I agree with Liz. Again, the challenge links you directly to the QOTH page and the first line therein reads "Credit is given when you score at least 50% on a Quiz of the Hour."

Quote:
I didn't ask regarding the outcome of a game I'd played. I asked because the meaning of success isn't stated in the challenge.

Then you need to make this explicit; your post made it sound an awful lot like you were having issues getting the challenge to work. :s

Edited by kyleisalive (Tue Dec 18 2012 10:23 AM)

#956242 - Tue Dec 18 2012 09:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
abechstein Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Athens Georgia USA            
I don't know that this is a bug, per se, but my difficult challenge today was to complete the crossword "Word Well #7" without using easy mode. I know I have been assigned this crossword before (I think as the exact same challenge, but it could have been a medium challenge which did not specify not using "easy"). I know there are a lot of crosswords out there, so I thought it was a little odd to be assigned the same crossword twice.

#956338 - Wed Dec 19 2012 09:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: abechstein]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

I had this single question in my set for the easy challenge. Unfortunately, no instructions were given with it.
#6. General : Alphabetic Symbols : Add an Element
RICK + carbon

Answer:

Perhaps, this type of question could be eliminated in the question pool, since it can not stand alone.

#956349 - Wed Dec 19 2012 11:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
They want scientists I believe. It's a jumble. The answer is Crick, the DNA structure guy. Usually the source quiz title listed with the question helps.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#956350 - Wed Dec 19 2012 12:12 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
JanIQ Online   content
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
Of course it's Crick. What else could you make with C (carbon) and Rick?

#956724 - Fri Dec 21 2012 07:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: JanIQ]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
One of my challenges today was Nemesis. My opponent only registered with Funtrivia for the first time today. Is it fair that they get a challenge like that, against a (slightly) more experienced player, on their first day?

Couldn't the system put in a qualifier for challenges like this, and the twin, and Who's the Expert - for instance, the player must have the 'Experienced' badge?

#956732 - Fri Dec 21 2012 08:31 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dippo]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Well, the chances are that on their first day they're not going to find the Daily Challenges or work out how to complete them... and the experienced badge isn't a guarantee of much either. I always lose at Nemesis, I get paired with people who think 15,000 points before breakfast should be an Easy challenge - but so far I've been lucky with the Expert challenge because my opponents haven't had many wins so far. And actually being paired with a really experienced player in Twin is an advantage - they'll know how to tweak the points so they match the requirements. In other words - I think it all comes out in the wash.

#956733 - Fri Dec 21 2012 08:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
And they haven't played any quizzes yet. They can play 100 very easy quizzes in two hours and kick your butt. wink

#956735 - Fri Dec 21 2012 08:42 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
Well, the chances are that on their first day they're not going to find the Daily Challenges or work out how to complete them

"not going to find the Daily Challenges"? Isn't the only way to get assigned daily challenges is to click on the Daily Challenges link?

Page 54 of 93 < 1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry