Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 9 of 93 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#826868 - Wed Sep 26 2012 07:50 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Never mind Word Wizard, here's mine for the day lol:

"Feeling psychic today? Your goal is to win an hour of the Crystal Ball game by guessing the secret word!"

This whole challenge thing looks like it's going to be a HOOT. Am sure there will be loads of "swapouts" over the course of time for tasks that don't seem "do-able" for whatever reason : )

#826870 - Wed Sep 26 2012 07:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: postcards2go]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: postcards2go
I just spent credits to get a new challenge.
It took away the credits, but didn't give me a challenge???

I see 4 challenges under your challenge list...... ??

#826871 - Wed Sep 26 2012 08:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dsimpy]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama USA
Originally Posted By: dsimpy
This isn't a 'bug' as such but a concern about the practicality of one of the 'harder' challenges (may well end up sounding egotistical but isn't meant to be!) ...

I understand what you're saying. I looked back at my word wizard history and found the best I'd scored was 4th. I can imagine myself muttering, "No, not again," but my thinking is that we can't expect to win every challenge every day, otherwise it's not a challenge.

#826872 - Wed Sep 26 2012 08:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Muzzyhill3]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Muzzyhill3
I was given credit in the medium challenge - WhoamI score of 855 or more I think, in difficult mode - before I had completed WhoamI. I have subsequently achieved the challenge hurdle.

Just making sure I understand. You gained credit for this one before ever even starting Who am I today?

#826874 - Wed Sep 26 2012 08:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dsimpy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: dsimpy
This isn't a 'bug' as such but a concern about the practicality of one of the 'harder' challenges (may well end up sounding egotistical but isn't meant to be!) ...

Interesting you point that one out, because I had reservations when I added it that it might be too hard. I think it would make a great epic level badge, but agree that because it specifies a specific game it's too difficult.

I'm thinking of changing it to top 2 or top 3 for the future.

Edited by Terry (Wed Sep 26 2012 08:14 AM)

#826877 - Wed Sep 26 2012 08:23 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Originally Posted By: Terry

Sorry, Terry. I see it now :-)

#826888 - Wed Sep 26 2012 08:51 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      

Interesting you point that one out, because I had reservations when I added it that it might be too hard. I think it would make a great epic level badge, but agree that because it specifies a specific game it's too difficult.

I'm thinking of changing it to top 2 or top 3 for the future.

Top 3 Terry, pleeeeease, it really is tough in there.

#826890 - Wed Sep 26 2012 08:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
stedman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: London England UK         
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo

"Feeling psychic today? Your goal is to win an hour of the Crystal Ball game by guessing the secret word!"

This whole challenge thing looks like it's going to be a HOOT. Am sure there will be loads of "swapouts" over the course of time for tasks that don't seem "do-able" for whatever reason : )

Crikey! That one is certainly crazily difficult, except for the couple of people who sit there with an online dictionary program every hour in order to clock up yet another victory!

But I guess the point of these challenges is that no-one should expect to complete all three every day. At the moment, it's a bit frantic as all the badge tarts are going all out to win everything as quickly as possible, but it'll all calm down with time.

I swapped out yesterday to get rid of a challenge to win the Buzzy Bee scavenger hunt, which would have meant playing endless examples of those tedious "Follow My Directions" brain twist quizzes, which would have rotted my brain after about halfway through the third quiz!

#826892 - Wed Sep 26 2012 08:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: stedman]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Yeah I kinda like the crystal ball one. It's certainly incredibly tough, but I like it for variety's sake.

The "top score" one is not particularly unique, so shouldn't be quite so impossible.

#826894 - Wed Sep 26 2012 09:05 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
stedman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: London England UK         

That said, it looks as if you just did it! Well done! What is a canebreak, anyway?

#826897 - Wed Sep 26 2012 09:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA

I was given this one yesterday to complete. I failed miserably, as is my usual. I knew it was going to happen. I could have swapped it out, except I failed my Medium early on and chose to swap that one out instead. I actually was psychic one day during testing and won it, though! Personally, I fount it to be the most difficult of all the challenges, Epics included. Still fun to try....but very frustrating.

#826898 - Wed Sep 26 2012 09:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: postcards2go]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Sorry, Terry. I see it now :-)

This same thing happened to me in testing, where I bought a ton of challenges and none appeared to show up. I navigated away from the challenge page, and came back and they were there. Sometimes I think it's just a loading thing, and you have to give it time to show up before panicking (I did, too, the first time it happened).

#826900 - Wed Sep 26 2012 09:31 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

I've added an intermediary screen on buys now which should prevent any potential caching issues.

#826911 - Wed Sep 26 2012 09:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Terry, on the new addition to the challenge page:

"Challenges Complete: 9, Credits earned: 7"

Can these two possibly be flipped? I think knowing how many credits you have available is more important, because it affects the game (buying challenges), where as the other number does not. I first read this as I have 9 credits earned (which I knew wasn't right), but because that number was first, I was confused until I noticed that the credits were actually on the right, and I only had 7 (which I was expecting).

#826912 - Wed Sep 26 2012 10:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I also noticed...someone said in a previous post that they had "Epic: 0" at the top of their page, and I do recall having this in testing...but I don't have it now. All mine says is:

"Completions: Easy: 4, Medium: 3, Difficult: 2
Challenges Complete: 9, Credits earned: 7"

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Sep 26 2012 10:00 AM)

#826917 - Wed Sep 26 2012 10:07 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Daddy19 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Great Bridge West Midlands UK

Couple of things:

I've just received the 7 badgelet after playing an easy game. IMHO the positioning of the 'win' text in the right hand side of the frame makes the page look untidy (Screenshot: http://yfrog.com/65ur9p ). Might be better for the win text to appear above "Easy".

Also, apologies if I've missed this, but if I want to take part in Nemesis/Twin, how do I do this as I can't see anything in the FAQ about it?

#826919 - Wed Sep 26 2012 10:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
The "Epic:0" display was probably removed for leading some players to believe they should get an epic every day along with the other three. (At least there was a question about that in this thread and it disappeared just after that, so I suspect that's the reason)

#826921 - Wed Sep 26 2012 10:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Daddy, once you randomly get the challenge assigned, you simply play for the goals stated in the description. (Both of them are related to scoring a certain number of points)

#826923 - Wed Sep 26 2012 10:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

It displays Epic wins once you have won one.

I'm trying to keep the interface as intuitive as possible by hiding stuff you don't need to know until you need to know.

#826927 - Wed Sep 26 2012 10:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Terry, in the Twin challenge, could you add something along the lines of "anytime during the day"? While talking to my partner for today (through messages) I got the impression that my twin thought we had to finish the day with the exact same score. I already matched their score and completed the challenge, because I know how it is supposed to work, but it appears that it is somewhat confusing to others, like my partner today.

Thanks Terry!

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Sep 26 2012 10:44 AM)

#826939 - Wed Sep 26 2012 11:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Stedman: Figured I might as well have a go before giving up on it, but I just about fell out of my chair when my guess was correct. I suppose it just goes to show me that seemingly impossible things can occur if you just happen to have luck on your side at the moment lol. As for "canebrake", I'd never heard of the word in my LIFE before visiting some former plantations in the "deep South" of the U.S. a few years ago. And when they said the word, I thought it was "break" too, since that seemed to make sense (after all, do thickets of sugar cane really need to stop in a hurry? And if so, where are they running to? giggles)

Anyway, I don't expect to get that lucky on other tasks and won't be heartbroken if there are many that I can't do (for instance yesterday I flunked Mind Melt by a significant margin of error lol), but I think this is a FABulous creation that will take quite some time to finish (meaning that it can be enjoyed for awhile). It looks like there will always be SOMEthing I can (try to) accomplish so that I don't feel like a complete idiot lol. It's sort of like the Great Race and Treasure all rolled into one - what could be better? Also, it's wonderful that Terry, Wes, Kyle and any other folks behind the scenes are willing to take player opinions into consideration.

Edited by Jakeroo (Wed Sep 26 2012 11:38 AM)

#826942 - Wed Sep 26 2012 11:49 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
surdoux Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Nottinghamshire England UK    
Jakeroo, could you please select the numbers for this week's lottery, there's a slice of cake available for correct choices.

#826948 - Wed Sep 26 2012 12:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: surdoux]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Also, it's wonderful that Terry, Wes, Kyle and any other folks behind the scenes are willing to take player opinions into consideration.

I'm not a part of this one-- most of the other testers did more work on this one than I did. wink

#826950 - Wed Sep 26 2012 12:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
dalthor1974 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Rhodes
Greece
Can I report an error for the FAQ page of Daily Challenges, on this board?

At the question "How many credits does one need to try for the 10-a-day badge", if my calculations are correct, the number in the answer should be 144, not 146.

#826951 - Wed Sep 26 2012 12:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Daddy19 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Great Bridge West Midlands UK
In the part C of the text for the 7 done badgelet, the link refers to "This prestigious, epic bade", however the link sends you to Daily Adventurer badge, not the Totally Epic badge.

Great addition to the site - congrats to everyone involved for their hard work in getting it online.

Page 9 of 93 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry