Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 59 of 89 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 88 89 >
Topic Options
#958710 - Tue Jan 01 2013 01:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Picard25 Offline
Participant

Loc: Austria
I bought this challenge today:

"Score a cumulative total of at least 78 questions correct playing player-created quizzes.

* Brain twist and mixed multi-author quizzes do not count. You may re-take quizzes as long as you have not played them within the last 30 days."

Sorry, should I misunderstand this, this means that only player-created quizzes count, but not the FTQuizBot mixed quizzes on the main page?
I tried it twice now, I played the Harder Celebrities Mix and the Music Mix and both added to my count. I believe it happened to me a few days ago already, but I wasn't completely sure so this time I deliberately checked and the system does count the QuizBot mixed quizzes as well (my score rose from 8 to 26).

#958716 - Tue Jan 01 2013 02:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
maninmidohio Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA               
They do count if played in "Play" mode, but will not if played in HTML mode. (This is also true in challenges where you have to play in so many FT categories.)

#958819 - Wed Jan 02 2013 05:04 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
malama Offline
Participant

Loc: Dusseldorf Germany
Yesterday, January 1st, my difficult quest was to get past fado72 in the expert game. Funnily enough I did have the highest score within my four attempts, fado even congratulated me, but I never got the credits. In yesterday's results I see that it is still marked as uncomplete. Did I misunderstand something?
TC, Malama.

#958828 - Wed Jan 02 2013 05:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
paper_aero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Crawley Sussex England       
Not just you malama, I had the expert challenge yesterday , it showed that my best score had beaten all 4 of my opponents scores when I looked at my challenges page last night yet this morning it is showing as incomplete.

#958842 - Wed Jan 02 2013 07:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Zippy826 Offline
Participant

Loc: Washington Pennsylvania USA  
I had the expert challenge yesterday also, and it is showing as incomplete. I'm not positive I beat my opponent, but I'm pretty sure. My opponent was a new member and had not played at all when I last checked last night. Looking at yesterday's results, it doesn't show my scores from yesterday, it just says incomplete.

#958851 - Wed Jan 02 2013 08:15 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
I had Nemesis yesterday, which I won, and was given credit for. So this must just be Expert that is causing the problem.

Y2K13

#958857 - Wed Jan 02 2013 09:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pollucci19 Offline
Participant

Loc: Western Australia
One of my teammates, Dragonfrog, challenges yesterday was the Expert ... post 4 scores against an opponent, highest score wins. She posted 4 scores her opponent didn't post any. She got an incomplete message at days end. This peeved her no end because it also stopped her from completing the 10 in a day challenge.

I also had the Expert challenge yesterday and when I went to work this morning was well in front, my opponent had one shot to fire. I got the incomplete message as well when I checked and figured my opponent must have played a blinder so I sent her a note to congratulate her. In her reply she congratulated me on the win which didn't make sense to me.

I'm wondering if there's a glitch here Terry?

#958858 - Wed Jan 02 2013 09:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pollucci19 Offline
Participant

LOL ... should have read the posts above ... looks like we're not alone

#958864 - Wed Jan 02 2013 09:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
To assure our continued existence and keep the Mayan end of days at bay, some daily challenges will need to be sacrificed to the god QxctcalyXicotyl. We thank you for doing your part.
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#958874 - Wed Jan 02 2013 10:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Plodd Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Hampshire England UK         
I was not awarded three points for my Expert win either but I can't compain as I was given points for my easy and medium challenges, even though I did not play them. Swings and roundabouts :-)

#958877 - Wed Jan 02 2013 11:16 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Hmm indeed, no one was awarded Expert challenge wins for yesterday. Will investigate.

#958878 - Wed Jan 02 2013 11:32 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Problem found and fixed (it related to New Year's too).

All scores should now be credited for the Expert challenges.

#958881 - Wed Jan 02 2013 11:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Plodd Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Hampshire England UK         
That's great, thanks Terry :-)

#958908 - Wed Jan 02 2013 04:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pollucci19 Offline
Participant

Thanks Terry

#958914 - Wed Jan 02 2013 04:38 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
malama Offline
Participant

Loc: Dusseldorf Germany
smilee Yes, all is well again in funtrivialand. Thanks, Terry.

#958923 - Wed Jan 02 2013 05:26 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: K-W Ontario Canada
But honestly, I don't remember my credit total going up from the day my Expert challenge was won but marked Incomplete. I don't think it went up yesterday either when all three challenges were marked Complete when I first logged in, nor today after the 'fix'. Am I missing something?

#958944 - Wed Jan 02 2013 07:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Yes. It went up.

#959020 - Thu Jan 03 2013 08:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pollucci19 Offline
Participant

Terry, can you please check my teammates card ... the fixed up expert game should have given her the 10 in a day but nothing has come through so far

#959028 - Thu Jan 03 2013 09:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pollucci19]
DaisiJ Offline
Explorer

Loc: Randburg
  South Africa
My easy challenge today :
Quote:
Play 2 new player-created quizzes that are added to FunTrivia today, scoring at least 50% in each.

* Auto-generated quizzes by FTQuizBot do not count.

I haven't played any quizes today except for 3 Newest Mixed Quizzes.

Quote:
- Harder Sci / Tech Mix 9/10 OK
- World Mix 9/10 OK
- Movies Mix 10/10 OK
Complete

The challenge specifically states no quizbot quizzes count but I'm marked as complete. Not that I mind but this does seem to be a bug.

Edited by DaisiJ (Thu Jan 03 2013 09:19 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#959034 - Thu Jan 03 2013 10:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
maninmidohio Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA               
They only count if played in "PLAY" mode, if played in HTML mode they do not count. I do not know if this is what was intended but it is how it works.

#959036 - Thu Jan 03 2013 10:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
The problem isn't that quizzes were played in the wrong mode. The problem is that the challenge specifically states that those mixed quizzes will not count, but they are being scored as counting and the challenge is complete.

#959045 - Thu Jan 03 2013 12:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
And the required amount of completed quizzes was to be two while the completed list shows three.

Daisij, did you look to see if it said complete or incomplete once you'd played the first two quizzes?
Usually it seems the complete screen shows just the quizzes played that made the challenge a success and doesn't display overages. This then seems to be a case where a stated challenge was graded against a different result criteria.

Sixty pages of bugs in three months might mean it's needed to sideline the game until fixes are input and proven to be fixes and not stop-gaps. This is a tremendous facet to the site and took much work to create the framework. A hiatus might be a good thing while the flesh is put on that structure. Just a thought from a Mutant Noggin.
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#959046 - Thu Jan 03 2013 12:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
And the required amount of completed quizzes was to be two while the completed list shows three.

This is typically the case, regardless. The system checks to see which quizzes you've completed, pass or fail, and lists them with the appropriate checks. This usually disappears after you reload the page and you're marked with a 'Complete!'.

#959048 - Thu Jan 03 2013 01:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Originally Posted By: mehaul
Sixty pages of bugs in three months might mean it's needed to sideline the game until fixes are input and proven to be fixes and not stop-gaps. This is a tremendous facet to the site and took much work to create the framework. A hiatus might be a good thing while the flesh is put on that structure. Just a thought from a Mutant Noggin.

I don't think a hiatus is needed. The errors appear to be something that can be easily fixed. Also, the easiest way to find an error is to play the game.

#959057 - Thu Jan 03 2013 01:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: mehaul

Daisij, did you look to see if it said complete or incomplete once you'd played the first two quizzes?
Usually it seems the complete screen shows just the quizzes played that made the challenge a success and doesn't display overages. This then seems to be a case where a stated challenge was graded against a different result criteria.

Issues in these challenges get fixed as they are found. The issue reported above is incredibly minor and is an easy fix.

There would be a lot fewer posts if you would stop arguing with those people who do report issues. This is a thread for reporting issues -- not for arguing about them and then getting up in arms because there are too many posts here. Irony indeed.

Page 59 of 89 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 88 89 >

Moderator:  Terry