Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 56 of 93 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#956959 - Sat Dec 22 2012 04:15 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
zippolover Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Norfolk UK
Originally Posted By: mehaul
Originally Posted By: Daily Challenge Page
Difficult

Completion: Three FunTrivia Credits

Gain credit for successfully completing 6 quizzes of the hour today.

What constitutes success? I just played one of the hourly quizzes and my challenge complete count didn't increase.

The Quiz of the Hour - the one just above the Crystal Ball on the right on the main page. It has to be played successfully 6 times during the day.

#956991 - Sun Dec 23 2012 12:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: zippolover]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
I was not awarded the correct amount of credits for completing my Epic and other challenges yesterday. When I bought the Epic, I had 1 credit left over. I then completed the Epic, which says it awards 8 credits, and I completed my Easy challenge, which is another 1 credit. However, looking at the Daily Challenge page, I only see that I have a total of 8 credits. This number should be 10, not 8. It appears that either there is a major bug, or Epics only award 6 credits, instead of the 8 that are mentioned in the FAQ.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Sun Dec 23 2012 12:21 AM)

#956994 - Sun Dec 23 2012 12:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
So far I've only had one Epic (not for lack of buying challenges...), but as far as I recall, it was worth six credits. That is the figure I've had in mind when hoping to buy more, and thinking about what completing them would do for my buying power.

#957008 - Sun Dec 23 2012 01:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: spanishliz]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
The error is in the FAQ, if it says 8 credits. For the Epic I completed yesterday, I saw the following listing on my challenges page:
Quote:
Epic

Completion: The Corresponding Epic Mini-Badge if not already owned + six FunTrivia Credits

#957041 - Sun Dec 23 2012 07:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Southeastern Connecticut USA
As someone who has 7 of the different 8 epics I can confirm that they all award 6 credits upon completion including double flags. I'm surprised no one mentioned this sooner.

#957056 - Sun Dec 23 2012 08:56 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: themonarch]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Seems it was changed from the testing value of 8 - I'll fix the FAQ.

#957091 - Sun Dec 23 2012 01:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Yes, a few weeks after launch, it was changed to 6. I noticed this, but was unaware it still said 8 in the FAQ. wink

#957126 - Sun Dec 23 2012 03:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
Seems it was changed from the testing value of 8 - I'll fix the FAQ.

Thanks, Wes.

#957129 - Sun Dec 23 2012 04:46 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Okay, so I bought a challenge today, got a difficult one "dominate the global challenge" and was robbed of the nine credits it cost me because the GC ended halfway through the day. Sigh. So I sobbed into a tissue, bit the bullet and swapped the challenge using my weekly mulligan. Only to get that awful Buzzy Bee challenge - and since then, there hasn't been a Buzzy Bee to get. It's been hours. I expect that during the UK's daylight hours because if it's daytime in Europe there isn't a Buzzy Bee, that darn insect is definitely American. But it's night time now, where's the Beeeeeeeeeeeeee?

#957134 - Sun Dec 23 2012 05:29 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
"Rank in the top 3 (in your division) in one of your Global Challenge games today (when the set closes)."

Hehe, I got a global daily challenge, too. Not that I was going to be able to finish it, anyway, open or closed.

#957135 - Sun Dec 23 2012 05:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
I got one asking me to play Impossible.

#957136 - Sun Dec 23 2012 06:32 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
dsimpy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Belfast Ireland
Originally Posted By: Mariamir
"Rank in the top 3 (in your division) in one of your Global Challenge games today (when the set closes)."

So now that GC is over, will these 'GC' daily challenges be suspended or will they still randomly occur throughout December/January even though there's no tournament?

#957137 - Sun Dec 23 2012 07:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dsimpy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: dsimpy
Originally Posted By: Mariamir

So now that GC is over, will these 'GC' daily challenges be suspended or will they still randomly occur throughout December/January even though there's no tournament?

Terry has said previously that the challenges will not be issued when the game is not running.

#957336 - Tue Dec 25 2012 02:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
This is the second time I've found this "bug" whereby if you make enough failed attempts you are credited with a win. It doesn't matter, especially as it favours the player laugh, and it's probably unlikely it will affect many.

But just for your own interest, Terry and Wes, I played some quizzes, then I bought this challenge:

"How well can you string together successes? Play any five tough or difficult 10-question player quizzes in a row, achieving scores of at least 7 on each."

So I had a number of quizzes already listed as failed attempts. It said my best attempt was 3 in a row (although I can't see 3 in a row listed but I guess the page might not have been able to fit all my quizzes on?).

I had just played one difficult quiz (schrodinger) and so I played 2 more, making 3 in a row total -- and suddenly it said I had played 5 and gave me the credits.

Copy and Paste from the challenge page:

5 in a row found.

Quizzes you have played today, in order:

The Chipmunk Adventure: tick

My Disaster Trip with Languages: tick

The Curious Tale of Schrodinger's Cat: tick

Geographical Felines: Not the required difficulty

Those Sporting Cats: tick

Mewsical Mewtations: Score less than 7

"Cat"chy Quiz Title: Not the required difficulty

Cats in History: tick

A Cat's Eye View of Celebrities: Not the required difficulty

Celebrity Cats: tick

20 Cat-egories of FunTrivia!: Not 10 questions

When Cats Attempt to take Over the World: Not the required difficulty

Fifteen Minutes of Feline Fame: tick

The Well Read Cat: tick

Felines In Fiction: Not the required difficulty

Cool Cats for Kids: Not the required difficulty

Complete

Edited by Chavs (Tue Dec 25 2012 02:54 AM)

#957353 - Tue Dec 25 2012 07:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
That's weird. I see a first series of four in a row:
"The Well Read Cat"; "Fifteen Minutes of Feline Fame"; "Celebrity Cats" and "Cats in History".
Then after failing "Mewsical Mewtations", you've played another series of four in a row: "Those Sporting Cats"; "The Curious Tale of Schrodinger's Cat"; "My Disaster Trip with Languages" and "The Chipmunk Adventure".

You've definitely played four in a row (when disregarding quizzes of wrong diffiuclty or number of questions), but not five in a row.

#957380 - Tue Dec 25 2012 02:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: JanIQ]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I'm thinking (How hard can that be?) that one of your "not the required difficulty level" quizzes is one of those on the cusp of being the right difficulty. There was some sloppiness put into the level limits to cover the event of changed ratings due to players taking the quiz and effecting the level during play. Or maybe it was just a present from Santa!

#957381 - Tue Dec 25 2012 02:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:
those on the cusp of being the right difficulty.

There's a cusp?

#957423 - Wed Dec 26 2012 01:51 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Originally Posted By: JanIQ
That's weird. I see a first series of four in a row:
"The Well Read Cat"; "Fifteen Minutes of Feline Fame"; "Celebrity Cats" and "Cats in History".
Then after failing "Mewsical Mewtations", you've played another series of four in a row: "Those Sporting Cats"; "The Curious Tale of Schrodinger's Cat"; "My Disaster Trip with Languages" and "The Chipmunk Adventure".

You've definitely played four in a row (when disregarding quizzes of wrong diffiuclty or number of questions), but not five in a row.

smile But I don't think we can discount the wrong difficulties or wrong numbers.

Originally Posted By: mehaul
I'm thinking (How hard can that be?) that one of your "not the required difficulty level" quizzes is one of those on the cusp of being the right difficulty. There was some sloppiness put into the level limits to cover the event of changed ratings due to players taking the quiz and effecting the level during play. Or maybe it was just a present from Santa!

smile I think the cusp idea sounds plausible, and would account for the 3-in-a-row it told me had been my best attempt.

However, after I had played "My Disaster Trip With Languages" I am 99% sure it still said that my best attempt was 3 in a row and shouldn't it have changed to 4 at that stage (if the cusp was the issue)? Perhaps not...

#957452 - Wed Dec 26 2012 06:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
I think I just fell for the three-card-trick.

My Easy challenge was
Quote:
You're in luck! Score doesn't matter. Simply play in the My Daily Quiz game today. Complete.

I did, and it was set on Easy.

Decided to spend 9 credits and got dealt this one-
Quote:
Set up your personal daily quiz for difficult difficulty level and score 10 out of 10 correct.

As I had already played, and was not really concerned about my original score, I got this message-
Quote:
You played easy level, 9 correct. Incomplete.

Bumma. smile

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#957477 - Wed Dec 26 2012 09:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ozzz2002]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: ozzz2002
I think I just fell for the three-card-trick.

My Easy challenge was
Quote:
You're in luck! Score doesn't matter. Simply play in the My Daily Quiz game today. Complete.

I did, and it was set on Easy.

Decided to spend 9 credits and got dealt this one-
Quote:
Set up your personal daily quiz for difficult difficulty level and score 10 out of 10 correct.

As I had already played, and was not really concerned about my original score, I got this message-
Quote:
You played easy level, 9 correct. Incomplete.

Bumma. smile

That combination shouldn't happen. We caught a lot of them during testing. Buys are not supposed to contradict original challenges in the same way the original challenges do not contradict each other. For example, we testers had all three My Daily Quiz difficulty challenges at the same time during the Beta period for testing purposes, but in real play you will never see that.

#957479 - Wed Dec 26 2012 09:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ozzz2002]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Yes, Kyle, there is a cusp. Say you must play an easy quiz. You play one, and it gets bumped to average. It no longer qualifies, so there is a bumper, a "cusp", if you will, to prevent it from no longer counting. smile

My guess is "Geographical Felines" (hey, that's my quiz!) was simply on the cusp. I don't recall it ever being average, it's always been tough. So it must have very recently moved to average. It is probably part of that little leeway Terry created, so it counted. If this is the case, I definitely see 5 in a row. Your total would not have moved from 3 until you had played the fourth in a row (which you didn't check until after playing ANOTHER, giving you 5).

I can see how it would be marked complete, though it doesn't appear it should be.

#957490 - Wed Dec 26 2012 11:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
I can see how the thing could be justifiably awarded with the changing difficulty levels. I just feel bad because the intermediate "fail" was for Mewsical Mutations (hangs head lol)

#957491 - Wed Dec 26 2012 11:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

My Cat quiz (VG) didn't even make the cut-- consider yourself lucky.

#957577 - Thu Dec 27 2012 06:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
fado72 Offline
Participant

Loc: Lebanon
Complete the crossword puzzle xxxx in the World category.

Cab I use the easy mode?

#957578 - Thu Dec 27 2012 06:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
fado72 Offline
Participant

Loc: Lebanon
can instead of cab sorry.

Page 56 of 93 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry