Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 33 of 92 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 91 92 >
Topic Options
#831687 - Mon Oct 15 2012 10:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: agony]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Originally Posted By: agony
For those looking for quizzes in their first fifteen minutes - the "new quizzes" update on the home page only shows quizzes that are past that time. Click on "buzz" for new quizzes - for me it shows up on the home page right next to my mailbox, up top.

That's probably the issue then because as far as I can recall the hyperlink in the Daily Challenge brings you to here; sounds like it's more appropriate if it sends you the Buzz/What's Up page?

#831689 - Mon Oct 15 2012 10:24 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dsimpy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: dsimpy
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before ... apologies if so ... and it's probably more of a 'damn and blast' than a glitch per se ...

My difficult challenge today is to score higher than a nominated opponent in one Who's the Expert? game, with a maximum of four games each.

In my second game I messed up with a stupid error, and knew I could have done better. So I deployed my 'mulligan' perk for the week, avoided mistakes ... and did better. smilee

I HOPED as a 'mulligan' perk that it wouldn't count as my third game, but would just replace the score for my second game. Of course it didn't. wink

Is that an intention within the game's design, or something that wasn't foreseen? Should it be changed, or not? cool

That happened twice to me when I used my Milligan. Someone had warned me about it before I used it in the challenge, so I knew it worked that way. This was brought up several pages back but nothing was said about it by Terry the last time, so it's good you brought it back up, I think smile It will bring it up to his attention again when he next reads this thread.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Mon Oct 15 2012 10:24 AM)

#831690 - Mon Oct 15 2012 10:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
baban Offline
Participant

Loc: Wales, UK
In my Medium and Difficult challenges today neither has a hyperlink to Mind Melt or Daily Game as needed, and they always have before. Does that classify as a bug? My Easy challenge was hyperlinked.

I'm really enjoying the Daily Challenges - thanks Terry and the testers.

#831696 - Mon Oct 15 2012 10:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: baban]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
Is there a danger of some of the challenges diluting some of the features of the site? In my opinion, the standard of some of the questions in Ask Funtrivia seems to be declining.

#831697 - Mon Oct 15 2012 10:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dippo]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: dippo
In my opinion, the standard of some of the questions in Ask Funtrivia seems to be declining.

I was just thinking the same. There have been several lately that have come in as sets...I didn't know there was one that required you to ask a question until I got it last week. I haven't seen it ask for more than one to be posted though. The one I saw a couple times in testing, that I think is a much better challenge relating to that part of the site, is one which asks you to answer a question or to provide more information to a previously answered question.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Mon Oct 15 2012 11:11 AM)

#831699 - Mon Oct 15 2012 11:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
abechstein Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Athens Georgia USA            
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
The one I saw a couple times in testing, that I think is a much better challenge relating to that part of the site, is one which asks you to answer a question or to provide more information to a previously answered question.

That one is still in there; I've gotten both. I do agree with dippo, though. I've also noticed that more responses are citing to sources, but not providing a link (e.g., "According to Wikipedia, . . ."). I don't know if that's because the challenges are directing more people to Ask FT who aren't as familiar with the guidelines, but it's something I noticed.

#831701 - Mon Oct 15 2012 11:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: abechstein]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
And the questions are becoming far easier...

The use of this aspect of the site is to get answers to questions you cannot find on your own. When I had those tasks, I found it difficult to find a question I would genuinely like an answer for, but could not find through my own research. I would imagine I am one of the few who actually take the time to find a question they WANT answered, AND cannot find the info on their own.

I agree that it should be removed. Or given only to players who will actually use it for what it is.

#831704 - Mon Oct 15 2012 11:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: salami_swami
When I had those tasks, I found it difficult to find a question I would genuinely like an answer for, but could not find through my own research. I would imagine I am one of the few who actually take the time to find a question they WANT answered, AND cannot find the info on their own.

It is amazing how difficult it is to come up with questions like that. As someone who is going for the "AskFT Researcher" badge, though, it is nice to have some of the questions that I don't have spend hours doing searches for. I've only asked a few questions in that part of site, because like you said, I want to ask questions that are in the spirit of that part of this site, and it is soooo hard to come up with good questions.

#831705 - Mon Oct 15 2012 11:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
I'm stockpiling questions. wink

#831711 - Mon Oct 15 2012 12:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
Just wondering why in both of my nemesis games in the difficult area, I was given the same player? Is this player the only one that I will be competing against? Or is there a rotation?

#831719 - Mon Oct 15 2012 12:33 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Emma058
Just wondering why in both of my nemesis games in the difficult area, I was given the same player? Is this player the only one that I will be competing against? Or is there a rotation?

It's all completely random. I've gotten several different Nemesis so far. That's just crazy luck that you got the same person twice! It all has to do with the order the challenges are picked up by the players when they log in each day.

#831803 - Mon Oct 15 2012 08:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
My team mates have gotten challenges like score 10/10 in the easy game in under 13 seconds. While I realize that it's supposed to be a hard challenge, look at yesterday's scores:

http://www.funtrivia.com/hourly2/tvt_yesterdayinfo.cfm

Only 4-6 people across the whole site would qualify for that one. Isn't that way too difficult? Maybe that needs to be relaxed a little.

#831805 - Mon Oct 15 2012 08:15 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: nautilator]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I was under the impression that they would only get that challenge with that particular time if they had achieved that time before. That the challenge takes a time/score from the player's history.

Edited by bubblesfun (Mon Oct 15 2012 08:15 PM)

#831806 - Mon Oct 15 2012 08:19 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
I was under the impression that they would only get that challenge with that particular time if they had achieved that time before. That the challenge takes a time/score from the player's history.

That's how it is supposed to be set up, yes.

#831833 - Tue Oct 16 2012 12:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Quote:
Play a quiz whose title begins with the letter G and score at least 3 correct. Gandalf 9/10. Complete

I'm not sure if this needs fixing, but I've played that quiz "Gandalf" before, I don't remember when. Is it fine counting it?

#831858 - Tue Oct 16 2012 02:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
As long as you haven't played it within 30 days, it is fine for the challenges.

#831860 - Tue Oct 16 2012 03:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
The two AskFT challenges are related and need to be in or out there as a pair. Originally, it was only the challenge to answer a question, but this would very quickly become impossible to play if there's not also a way to get more questions into the rotation as well (and it was difficult to fins unanswered questions even before the challenges were started).

Maybe this should have a level minimum to ensure it will only be given to players reasonably familiar with how the site works.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Tue Oct 16 2012 03:32 AM)

#831904 - Tue Oct 16 2012 06:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
The two AskFT challenges are related and need to be in or out there as a pair. Originally, it was only the challenge to answer a question, but this would very quickly become impossible to play if there's not also a way to get more questions into the rotation as well (and it was difficult to fins unanswered questions even before the challenges were started).

Maybe this should have a level minimum to ensure it will only be given to players reasonably familiar with how the site works.

That might be the way to go.

The other day, I had the challenge to answer,or contribute to an answer. I found a quiz that had three answers (all the same), but no references. I reiterated the answer, and then said, "Here is the required reference..."

#831934 - Tue Oct 16 2012 09:24 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: postcards2go]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
Is there any way that the highlighting which shows the quizzes already taken by Gold Members could come in two different colours? One for quizzes taken 31 or more days ago, and one for quizzes taken in the last 30 days? The number of challenges that require you to play a certain amount of quizzes not played in the last 30 days means that this would become increasingly helpful as time goes on.

#831942 - Tue Oct 16 2012 09:39 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dippo]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Bubbles and Kaddars are right. That score is taken from scores previously achieved by that player. Someone who never gets under 20 seconds, for instance, will never receive. Players who average 10-15 seconds for each game (I'm looking at you, Prison :P), will get very low times as their challenge.

This is designed to keep things challenging for every player. Players who are less familiar with the game will not ever see such times. smile

#831944 - Tue Oct 16 2012 09:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Originally Posted By: Dippo
Is there any way that the highlighting which shows the quizzes already taken by Gold Members could come in two different colours? One for quizzes taken 31 or more days ago, and one for quizzes taken in the last 30 days? The number of challenges that require you to play a certain amount of quizzes not played in the last 30 days means that this would become increasingly helpful as time goes on.

I would love this system as well, should it be possible.

#831951 - Tue Oct 16 2012 09:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Originally Posted By: Dippo

I would love this system as well, should it be possible.

Ditto smile

#831957 - Tue Oct 16 2012 10:23 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bigstiq Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Kirkcaldy Fife Scotland UK    
Hi Guys

First time poster so please be gentle wink

Today my Difficult Daily Challenge is to score 11239 points in the Global Challenge game.

Now, in one of the quizzes I scored 15 out of 15 in a reasonable time, 50 seconds so not particularly speedy but not that slow at just over 3 seconds to read and answer each question, coupled with the Expert bonus I scored 1450.

Given that if I did 6 quizzes (including the Brain Twist or Impossible quizzes), scored 100% in a decent time AND got the Expert bonuses that would only give me 6 x 1450 = 8700 points, still MILES off hitting the target.

So my question is:

Am I too slow, is this is a bug or am I just missing something important?

This isn't a complaint, I'm just a bit confused and would like some help smile

Thanks for any help given smile

Euan

#831959 - Tue Oct 16 2012 10:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bigstiq]
bigstiq Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Kirkcaldy Fife Scotland UK    
Hey, straight after posting I've found the answer myself!

I thought there was a new round every 24 hours, just discovered it's 12 - I feel a bit daft now.

smile

#831960 - Tue Oct 16 2012 10:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bigstiq]
miffy42 Offline
Explorer

Loc: York Yorkshire UK            
Hi Euan, yes you are missing an important bit, you can play the Global Challenge TWICE a day. That would make it slightly more bearable for you smile

Page 33 of 92 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 91 92 >

Moderator:  Terry