Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 8 of 93 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#826791 - Tue Sep 25 2012 09:59 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
I appreciate your opinion, kaddersgirl and I fully realise you're just trying to be helpful. But I have an opinion on what was "meant" by the task as well - and quite frankly, my hope for a more definitive description of the challenge at hand wasn't addressed to you : )

There is no need to be rude, Jakeroo. You asked a question and I knew the answer, so I told you the answer. I am sorry if you feel that my answer to your question was not sufficient.

Edit: Also, what I wrote was not an opinion, it was experience. I have played many challenges like that one over the past month while doing testing for this new game. I know what the challenge is asking for, because I've completed it before.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 10:27 PM)

#826794 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Despite your assumptions as to my "intent", EVERY one of us has been invited by Terry to suggest possible changes to the descriptions so that there will be less ambiguity in the long long run. I have little doubt that your perception of the task, since you were a tester, is correct - but I DO think that the description, as written, is NOT entirely clear in that sentence as to what EXACTLY is expected.

and btw, I'm a jill not a jack lol

#826797 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:28 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Will tweak the description.

#826798 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
Despite your assumptions as to my "intent", EVERY one of us has been invited by Terry to suggest possible changes to the descriptions so that there will be less ambiguity in the long long run. I have little doubt that your perception of the task, since you were a tester, is correct - but I DO think that the description, as written, is NOT entirely clear in that sentence as to what EXACTLY is expected.

and btw, I'm a jill not a jack lol

Sorry, the name was a typo. I also didn't mention anything about changing the wording of the question. If it needs to be changed it will, and Wes or Terry will deal with that, which is why I didn't touch that part of your post at all (I have no control over this, and if you think it needs reworded that is definitely valid, and I never said, or implied otherwise).

What I was answering in my post, was the original question you asked: "Does this mean that she needs to get at least 2895 in total by playing in only those three categories? Or does she need to get at least 2895 in EACH of the three categories, for a total of a least 2895x3=8685?" That was all.

#826799 - Tue Sep 25 2012 10:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Thanks Terry : )))

Edited by Jakeroo (Tue Sep 25 2012 10:32 PM)

#826801 - Tue Sep 25 2012 11:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Originally Posted By: Terry
Try now. Fixed a bug with the image of that quiz. Funny how I'm running into lots of really ancient bugs as people explore the far reaches of the site with these challenges.

You know the old saying. There are old Bugs. There are bold bugs. But there are no old bold bugs (excluding the roaches of course!).

#826803 - Wed Sep 26 2012 12:07 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
I can;t reach my twin's profile from the challenges page because there's a '.html' missing from the end of the link URL.

#826804 - Wed Sep 26 2012 12:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
I can;t reach my twin's profile from the challenges page because there's a '.html' missing from the end of the link URL.

I have the same problem, I think...with the link to the name by the scores. The one on the left in the actual challenge text worked though.

#826807 - Wed Sep 26 2012 01:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
James25 Offline
Explorer

Loc: The Netherlands
Sigh, trying to complete a crossword, but as happens so often to me, it does not want to budge. Checked and double checked. All is correct, but still no movement, wherever I click.

Edit: worked the second time around with exactly the same words, strange.

Edited by James25 (Wed Sep 26 2012 01:05 AM)

#826808 - Wed Sep 26 2012 01:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: James25]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: James25
Sigh, trying to complete a crossword, but as happens so often to me, it does not want to budge. Checked and double checked. All is correct, but still no movement, wherever I click.

Maybe try deleting a letter and retyping it in. Sometimes that helps for me, for the few crosswords that I've played. Other times, there is more than one option for a line, and I choose the wrong one, or a typo.

Edit: Oh, glad it worked! smile

Edited by Mariamir (Wed Sep 26 2012 01:06 AM)

#826809 - Wed Sep 26 2012 01:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
Originally Posted By: kyleisalive

I have the same problem, I think...with the link to the name by the scores. The one on the left in the actual challenge text worked though.

Same problem here, but the link on the left does work.

#826815 - Wed Sep 26 2012 02:42 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
For the challenge involving playing Mind Melt in Timed mode, will it count if I play "old style timed" or must it be Timed from the larger link beside Untimed?
(Oh and what is the difference between new timed style and the old style, if anyone can be bothered to tell me - I haven't played it since it was a new game and have no idea what to expect if I hit Timed now...)

#826817 - Wed Sep 26 2012 02:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Rowena8482]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
New style gives you the options on the left as a drop-down from which to select after you click one of the right-hand entries (for the second and third parts only). Depending on your technique for making the matches, you may find it extremely useful, or irritating.

That doesn't answer your first question, to which I don't know the answer.

#826819 - Wed Sep 26 2012 03:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Either timed mode will work. The difference is not in scoring, just in presentation.

#826820 - Wed Sep 26 2012 03:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Muzzyhill3 Offline
Participant

Loc: London
I was given credit in the medium challenge - WhoamI score of 855 or more I think, in difficult mode - before I had completed WhoamI. I have subsequently achieved the challenge hurdle.

#826821 - Wed Sep 26 2012 03:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I play old style, as I find the new version doesn't suit my way of playing. I can verify that the score counts, because I had that challenge today, too (and got lucky). On the other hand, my difficult challenge is for a game I rarely play, and I'm quickly finding out why I decided to drop it from my repertoire. At least it's an hourly, so there's still time, although I suspect my patience may run out before the games available do.

#826833 - Wed Sep 26 2012 04:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
navaho56 Offline
Participant

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
At a loss here, completed the "7 done" category yesterday now on to epic. Am I due a badgelet for this as none received ?

#826835 - Wed Sep 26 2012 04:50 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: navaho56]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Navaho, you don't yet have 7 complete. Your play record shows 2 easy, 2 medium and 2 difficult won - that makes 6, not 7.

If you win the epic (which is still possible although you'll need a really good score in the last one), you will complete your 7th challenge and get both badgelets. Otherwise, you'll need to win one more tomorrow for 7.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Wed Sep 26 2012 04:51 AM)

#826837 - Wed Sep 26 2012 04:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
invinoveritas Offline
Participant

Loc: Henley on Thames England UK   
I did my challenge yesterday, collected 9 credits but no green tick or badgelet. Is there a hold up?

#826839 - Wed Sep 26 2012 05:07 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: invinoveritas]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

invinoveritas, I don't see an issue. You do have three challenges complete yesterday and five total. Once you have completed two more, the 9 credits can buy you one more challenge if you want to play more (and hope for an epic).

To win the badgelet, you need seven challenges completed, not just seven credits. Do two of today's and your badgelet will appear.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Wed Sep 26 2012 05:07 AM)

#826852 - Wed Sep 26 2012 06:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
dsimpy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Belfast Ireland
This isn't a 'bug' as such but a concern about the practicality of one of the 'harder' challenges (may well end up sounding egotistical but isn't meant to be!) ...

I changed my harder challenge today and as a replacement got 'win a game in your division of Word Wizard'. Happy days for me, as I quite often do (and had already done today, so the challenge was achieved retrospectively).

But it struck me that the Champs division of WW (in particular) is won A LOT by a FAIRLY SMALL NUMBER of active players (of which I'm one - that's the potentially egotistical bit!) and will be very difficult to achieve for many (most?) Champion division players.

I know that 'hard' is meant to mean hard, but I wonder if it's just a bit on the frustrating side of the line and is going to exacerbate other players' annoyance at people who continuously win some of the hourly games. Personally I'd be happy to stand aside now and again for a game or two if someone PMed me saying they were going for the challenge - but I neither want to give up the game altogether, or be a persistent obstacle to other players in the separate Daily Challenge game.

(There may be other games that the same situation will arise in, but it's probably particularly true of Word Wizard.)

Edit to say: Would 'finish in the top three of a game of Word Wizard in your division' still be genuinely hard without being frustrating? smilee

Edited by dsimpy (Wed Sep 26 2012 06:16 AM)

#826857 - Wed Sep 26 2012 06:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dsimpy]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
One of my ambitions is to beat dsimpy in WW one day. In many attempts, I've failed every time, so I hope that challenge doesn't appear for me too soon. I don't get annoyed or frustrated normally, as I admire his ability, but I might if I have that challenge to meet!

#826858 - Wed Sep 26 2012 06:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I can't have got that in testing or I'd certainly have moaned! Top in Word champions' division is not a challenge, it's impossible. Top three is asking a bit much too, lol.

#826859 - Wed Sep 26 2012 07:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
I just spent credits to get a new challenge.
It took away the credits, but didn't give me a challenge???

#826860 - Wed Sep 26 2012 07:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
navaho56 Offline
Participant

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
Cheers Wes, still coming to terms with the format.

Page 8 of 93 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry