Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#980904 - Fri Apr 26 2013 06:05 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
I missed first episode of "Bates Motel" but saw the next 2 and first minutes of 4th, I have no issues with the show, but it's not drawing me in either.

The 2nd episode of "Hannibal" is dissapointing me, I'm not liking the approach being taken for the Will charcter nor his handler's.

#981145 - Sat Apr 27 2013 07:31 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
I think how much I liked "Manhunter" and the place on the mantle, not inherited, I have place the movie and Will Peterson's portayal of the character of Will Graham in my mental room of great movies and characters leaves me unable to be fully objective while watching "Hannibal", though I am liking the show overall.

As Pyonir has said the vivid imagry is outstanding, like a painting coming to life at some points. The close up imagry of the cup of coffee mixing up stood out for me. Though certain imagry like when we first saw the Tattler reporter preparing her article on the computer aren't needed for this story.

The first 2 episodes use a lot of pieces of the "Manhunter"/"Red Dragon" script and at some point it will have to move past that and become fully it's own.

I think "Bates Motel" has a lot to it and depth, but at this point I feel too much has been left to the imagination and is moving too slow for me. The town intrigues me more than the family unit.

#981207 - Sat Apr 27 2013 03:46 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: BxBarracuda]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
Originally Posted By: BxBarracuda
The close up imagry of the cup of coffee mixing up stood out for me.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw it. It's such a simple shot, not really interesting, but was quite beautiful (for lack of a better word).

This weeks episode, the imagery of the angels was...again, like art. As gory as it was, it was also breathtaking.

#982416 - Sat May 04 2013 05:36 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
"The Following" I'm glad it's over, no change in my thoughts of the show since last post.

"Revolution" I am finding all main characters to be insufferable, especially Miles, with finding out every other week how much of a horrible person he was and is now the undeafeatble hero, the selfishness of the people who worked on the bots that took away the power, and most of them walk around like the righteous ones. I am finding the characters from their past to often be the better stories for me and more intriguing charachters. The only main character I can even come close to relating to is Giancarlo Esposito.

"Golden Boy" I can't say enough good stuff, especially about the 4 main detectives, all who are individuals, with mostly likes of each other, but some strong dislikes of each other. Watching them interact to form a team unit, while still be sneaky and self serving when they can. Main character is great as well.

#982433 - Sat May 04 2013 06:41 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I'll probably watch the season premiere of "The Following" in the fall, see the ridiculousness they come up with to continue the story, then give up on it. It started out great, and just continued to spiral out of control and take a nosedive in quality of writing.

#982577 - Sun May 05 2013 10:06 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Sometimes I get the feelings some new shows with season long themes are gathering feedback from sources and adjusting their stories accordingly, no matter the damage to continuity. If that is so, the sources they are using aren't looking for the same things out of a T.V. show that I am.

Best Person of Interest episode of the year this past week. I really like the new character of Samantha Shaw she is a great addition.

This old Harold is getting scarier.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Sun May 05 2013 11:08 AM)

#982615 - Sun May 05 2013 12:10 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
illiniman14 Offline

Loc: Champaign Illinois USA        
Am I to understand that Revolution is still on TV? I gave up after 3 or 4 episodes - thin plot, everybody looked far too good to have been without power for 15 years or so (white teeth, makeup, trimmed beards, etc.), suddenly people had muskets, there's no steam/hydroelectric/solar power for some reason... couldn't they even use a potato to power a clock? Have they addressed any of that in the meantime?

#982620 - Sun May 05 2013 01:16 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
"Revolution" returned after a long hiatus.

They have explained somethings and I do think the 2nd half has a much better storyline than the first, but that doesn't mean I like the main characters nor am I thrilled with the writing and dialouge in general

It's a show for me like the "Following" that I will listen to over my shoulder while I am typing a post like this and my attention doesn't get caught that often that I have to rewind the DVR to catch something pivotal.

#982656 - Sun May 05 2013 06:04 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: BxBarracuda]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
I heard Smash is being cancelled...

Editor for Television Category

#983710 - Mon May 13 2013 05:47 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Shows that have been cancelled so far: Touch, Deception, Whitney, 1600 Penn, Guys with Kids, Up All Night, Go On, The New Normal, CSI:NY, Golden Boy, Vegas, Rules of Engagement, Body of Proof, Red Widow, Happy Endings, How to Live With your Parents..., Family Tools.

Taken from here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/the-renew-cancel-index/

#983722 - Mon May 13 2013 08:06 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
From that list I enjoy in order listed, Whitney, Go On, Golden Boy, Vegas and Body of Proof.

Most dissapointed in Golden Boy and Go On being on the list.

#983724 - Mon May 13 2013 08:24 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I really liked Touch and Golden Boy. They didn't give Touch much of a fair shake...moving it constantly, abbreviated seasons so you never really knew when it was on. Just about zero advertising too.

I did watch Whitney too...thought it was getting better as the episodes and seasons went on. Oh well.

#983742 - Tue May 14 2013 04:06 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I've been watching this season of "Mad Men". I was under the impression that this season they'd reveal which ad executive had the wife who was a witch and casts spells by wiggling her nose (a series twist to bring in the Potter crowd). Did I miss it?

#983749 - Tue May 14 2013 06:06 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
"Whitney" wasn't the run of the mill show.

I liked Whitney's interaction with Alex.

#983812 - Tue May 14 2013 02:20 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: BxBarracuda]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: BxBarracuda
"Whitney" wasn't the run of the mill show.

I liked Whitney's interaction with Alex.

I liked Roxanne the best. I guess I could relate to her sarcastic, pessimistic side. :p

#983815 - Tue May 14 2013 02:48 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Roxanne was a good character and the characters were themselves, not out to fit it with the crowd.

#984237 - Fri May 17 2013 03:28 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

This post contains spoilers from the Hannibal episode shown 5/16/2013. If you haven't seen it yet, don't read.

I was really disappointed that they didn't keep Tobias alive for a few episodes. I really liked the character, and thought the dynamic between him and Hannibal could have been really great. Even if Tobias had just disappeared for a while, then came back. The episode tonight was quite good.

#985746 - Sun May 26 2013 07:59 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
I watched the first episode of "Motive" and it didn't really draw me in.

The way they chose to tell the story did not interest me, the characters didn't appeal to me, and I didn't like the editing that much either.

Which means this show is sure to be renewed next year lol.

In terms of "Hannibal" I like it, but I wish it would things along quicker.

"Revolution" I feel like the little picture is being told where the small band of good guys always win each episode, but in the big picture their cause is always losing, and so little of the big picture is part of the story.

#986332 - Thu May 30 2013 02:38 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I'm okay with the pacing in Hannibal so far. If they cancel it and no one else picks it up, I won't be happy with the pacing though. lol

I haven't been watching any new shows, don't think I will. I'm looking forward to the final seasons of Dexter and Breaking Bad though. I also saw the pilot for the new show "Ray Donovan" that is going to be premiering after Dexter and really liked it, so looking forward to that too.

#986420 - Fri May 31 2013 05:50 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

For anyone else that cares, Hannibal has been renewed for season 2: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/hannibal-renewed-for-season-2

#986557 - Sun Jun 02 2013 07:26 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Forum Champion

New York USA     
Watching "Hannibal" the heavy focus on the food is odd, or more the visual preperation and representations of the food.

Seeing the personal histories and interactions Hannibal has with all the main characters is interesting, but with everyone under or in the process of going under his svengali quality the hunt is lost, making it more than unique, especially on regular T.V..

P.S., I have only just finished the large dinner party episode.

I also wish the show had someone who wasn't under Lector's aura to oppose him.

Click to reveal..
I really hope Will's strays are left out of anything between Will and one of the killers.
I'm barely into the next episode and I think what I just hoped wouldn't happen might, or at the least they have brought it into the realm of possibility and it will be inevitable now.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Sun Jun 02 2013 07:35 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong