Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 6 of 89 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88 89 >
Topic Options
#826621 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CliftonClowers]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
If, for some reason, I manage today's Epic challenge, will I get points if I get the same challenge again, in the future? (I know I won't get another flag.)

#826626 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CliftonClowers]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
An earlier posting mentioned that the Newest Mixed Quizzes were part of the challenges. Before the Home Page redo a couple of months ago that area was titled "Newest Mixed Quizzes" but that is no longer there. Any chance of getting that FTquizbot quiz area retitled?
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#826627 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CliftonClowers]
abechstein Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Athens Georgia USA            
Along the same line of pyonir's earlier question, I got a medium challenge today which requires me to "Score 356 points in today's daily New Question Game." Just mentioning it so it can be added to the list if you're planning on changing all of these, Terry.

#826633 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:19 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: abechstein]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
postcards, yes. You always get the 8 credits if you complete an epic. (We pay you back most of what you invested at least.)

#826634 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
"Newest Mixed Quizzes" is at the top, under the "Quizzes" section:

http://www.funtrivia.com/

#826637 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

My Home Page view under QUIZZES has Tabs for New, What's Up, Photo, Popular, Team, Puzzles, and Find. No mention of Newest Mixed. I know by going to the Newest Quizzes list page that the quizzes below the Newest member authored ones are the Mixed from the Quizbot. But, it isn't labeled. A neophyte on the site might not know to go there for Newest Mixed since there is nothing titled that way anymore on the site. Not even in the Quiz drop down menu.

#826641 - Tue Sep 25 2012 12:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I'm not sure if this will help you or anyone (or if I'm just repeating what you said), but below the tabs for "New, What's Up...", there are 6 authored quizzes. Below those are two columns of 3 quizzes each. There are 3 links beside each of the 6 quizzes "Play", "HTML", and "Scores".

#826642 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Before the Home Page redo a couple of months ago that area was titled "Newest Mixed Quizzes" but that is no longer there.

Quote:
A neophyte on the site might not know to go there for Newest Mixed since there is nothing titled that way anymore on the site.

???

That title appears in the middle of the homepage. Right now, that section is above the Charity: Water blurb and under the new quizzes (if you don't change the tab).

Edited by kyleisalive (Tue Sep 25 2012 01:05 PM)

#826643 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Im stumped mehaul.... I log in as you and I see those columns right under the Quiz section on the homepage. I think that section is only hidden if you connect from a phone.

Any chance you can get a screen shot and save it somewhere?

Thanks

#826645 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: mehaul
My Home Page view under QUIZZES has Tabs for New, What's Up, Photo, Popular, Team, Puzzles, and Find. No mention of Newest Mixed. I know by going to the Newest Quizzes list page that the quizzes below the Newest member authored ones are the Mixed from the Quizbot. But, it isn't labeled. A neophyte on the site might not know to go there for Newest Mixed since there is nothing titled that way anymore on the site. Not even in the Quiz drop down menu.

The quizzes can all be accessed directly from the Homepage. You don't have to click a tab or anything. You mention tabs, where it says "New", "What's Up?", etc. Just below the box that has the newest quizzes online (the tan box, ya know?) There is, bolded and underlined "Newest Mixed Quizzes - new one every couple of hrs!" Listed here, right now, are an Entertainment Mix, Harder Religion Mix, Humanities Mix, Tricky Mix of Everything, Harder General Knowledge, and Harder People Mix. There is no need to click on anything to see them. All you do is click the blue Play button to play.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 01:08 PM)

#826651 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:26 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I love the challenges so far. My one complaint would be a challenge tied to something like Busy Bee which is not necessarily available. I am willing to accept that I will miss certain challenges when Flash is not available to me personally, but the Busy Bee one seems a bit more like Brigadoon, lol.

#826652 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:28 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

I know where they are. They are some of my favorite plays. I even go to the Newest overall list page and search out the three or four that preceeded the current displayed six. But I know they are there because I played them when they were titled "Newest Mixed Quizzes" before the redo. I see two columns of three each, just above the Charity: Water box. But nowhere does it spell out "Newest Mixed".
Screen shot? Haven't done that before. I love to learn. I view using a Dell running Windows XP serpk3, IEver8.0.6001.18702 with cipher strength 128 bit.
I did a browser task of Select all on the home page, clicked copy and will send that in a PM to Terry (okay?). Since it displays the left column first the area about Quizzes with Tabs is about half a full scroll down.

Edited by mehaul (Tue Sep 25 2012 01:32 PM)

#826656 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I know where they are. They are some of my favorite plays. I even go to the Newest overall list page and search out the three or four that preceeded the current displayed six. But I know they are there because I played them when they were titled "Newest Mixed Quizzes" before the redo. I see two columns of three each, just above the Charity: Water box. But nowhere does it spell out "Newest Mixed".

Directly atop the left-hand column of three, it says "Newest Mixed Quizzes - new one every couple of hrs!", just like I said in my previous message. This text separates the tan box from the double-three columns of mixed quizzes.

#826658 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

"New What's Up? Photo Best Popular Team Puzzles Find
Quote:
The Movies of Tom Hanks (Hanks, Tom) 3 hrs ago
A Rainbow of Movies - Colorful Titles ( Something in Common) 5 hrs ago
The Kids Are NOT All Right! (Horror Mixture) 14 hrs ago
P.S. Longer Letter Later (Danziger, Paula) 17 hrs ago
"America's Next Top Model" - Cycle 2 (America's Next Top Model) 19 hrs ago
Flight of the Conchords (Flight of the Conchords) 21 hrs ago
Show More

Newest Mixed Quizzes - new one every couple of hrs!
Entertainment Mix: Play - HTML - Scores
Humanities Mix: Play - HTML - Scores
Harder General Knowledge: Play - HTML - Scores

Harder Religion Mix: Play - HTML - Scores
Tricky Mix of Everything: Play - HTML - Scores
Harder People Mix: Play - HTML - Scores

We did it! Thanks to your contributions, we have raised our $5000 goal for Charity: Water. That is enough for the charity to install a well system for a village in a country of need. We will keep our donation page open for the duration of our campaign (8 days) in case anyone would like to raise our total. Thanks for helping us make a difference. Our Donation Page >>"

This is what mine basically looks like (can't do the two column thing, but put them on top of each other).

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 01:55 PM)

#826661 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

You have it. I don't and maybe others don't either! If you are missing something, how is one to know logically? There are no default signs in this universe noting information should be here but isn't, no matter what Hawking says about info and event horizons.
I've toggled the IE8's compatibility view with no change in what was displayed. I've done a mouse button hold over the entire area to see if highlighting made the words "Newest Mixed" come into view with no luck in the result.

Edit: I normally have my zoom set for 125% for vision reasons. I set the zoom back to 100% and still no "Newest Mixed" words appeared. Zooming sometimes plays with 'wrap-around' settings in HTML (si?) but not this time. Is this related to the displaced New Chat Posts text being thrown to the right side of that area's box every so often that a roll over corrects? (which also began with the Home Page redo)

Edited by mehaul (Tue Sep 25 2012 02:06 PM)

#826662 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
How do you get the heading, kaddarsgirl?
When I look at the Mixed Quizzes, I don't get the "Newest Mixed Quizzes - new one every couple of hrs!" message. I know where on the main page they are; there just happens to be no heading.

The problem mehaul might be facing is that (like me) the 6 mixed quizzes are listed, there is just no heading unlike what kaddarsgirl apparently views when she visits the main page.

EDIT: mehaul posted while I was typing.

Edited by Buddy1 (Tue Sep 25 2012 01:57 PM)

#826663 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

You have it. I don't and maybe others don't either! If you are missing something, haw is one to know logically? There are no default signs in this universe noting information should be here but isn't, no matter what Hawking says about info and event horizons.
I've toggled the IE8's compatibility view with no change in what was displayed. I've done a mouse button hold over the entire area to see if highlighting made the words "Newest Mixed" come into view with no luck in the result.

I'm not attacking you, mehaul! I'm showing you where it is on my page, so you know where it is supposed to be on yours, since it appears that it is not there.

#826664 - Tue Sep 25 2012 01:57 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Buddy1
How do you get the heading, kaddarsgirl?

I don't know, it's just always been there.

#826667 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I have the heading as well. The section doesn't show up at all on my iPad, but on a laptop I have always had the header as well.

#826671 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
This is what it looks like:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2co4foz.jpg

Mehaul, on your keyboard, probably somewhere along the top line, there will be a key that says "PrntScr". If you depress that key it will save a picture of the screen to the clipboard. Then open a picture editor - Windows Paint will do - and use CTRL +V to paste the image; then edit and save.

#826681 - Tue Sep 25 2012 02:47 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
salami_swami Online   sick
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I was hoping to get an epic on my first buy today, to be one of the first, but I'm actually going to hold out and try to be the first winner of a different badge instead. wink

#826689 - Tue Sep 25 2012 03:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Thank you for the lesson Flopsymopsy. I may have this the wrong size for the UBB thread. Trial and error is also a way of learning. I need to work on the presentation but this shows there is no Title in the quizbot area.

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy327/mutantnoggins/homepage2.jpg

Edit to change the image. The first showed too much of my Windows taskbar and browser taskbars. If Terry needs to see it better I can get him the other address ed image. This one works fair when you zoom in on the image.

Edited by mehaul (Tue Sep 25 2012 03:39 PM)

#826690 - Tue Sep 25 2012 03:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA

#826691 - Tue Sep 25 2012 03:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

mehaul, your page looks totally different than mine. I don't have little arrow pull-downs (and my list of links are in a continuous, not segmented box), and my profile/logout links are in the same box as challenges/buzz/mail (crammed all the way over on the right).

So weird...

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Sep 25 2012 03:09 PM)

#826692 - Tue Sep 25 2012 03:11 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
maninmidohio Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA               
My East challenge today is: Play quiz Most Popular UK No 1 Singles: 61 - 70 and score at least 346 points using Quiz Game mode.

When I go to game mode I get: Error 3 Loading: http://www.funtrivia.com/ubbthreads/forumimages.uk -flag.gif

I have played other quizzes in game mode today and after getting error other quizzes do work in that mode.

Page 6 of 89 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88 89 >

Moderator:  Terry