Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#827012 - Wed Sep 26 2012 03:52 PM New shows 2012 TV season
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
There really aren't any shows I'm really looking forward to. I gave 'Vegas' a chance last night and it was cliche after cliche and very, very poorly written. I'll probably give it a second week, but if it doesn't vastly improve, I'm out.

I also gave 'Ben and Kate' a try. Thought it was much better and pretty funny. Nothing new really, but the guy that plays Ben is someone I find really funny, so that helps.

I'm going to DVR 'Last Resort' only because it has Andre Braugher in it. I'm not optimistic.

Anyone else?

#827264 - Thu Sep 27 2012 09:01 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
StarfishTwo Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge Tennessee USA      
I've watched the first 2 episodes of "Revolution" and liked it but didn't love it so far. I will definitely continue for a few more episodes. Despite some gaping plot holes, I thought the premise was interesting, and really love all the imagery of abandoned and overgrown cities.

I've also enjoyed "Go On", one of those little ensemble comedies in which the cast slowly grows on you. The last episode wasn't quite up to par with the previous ones, so I'm reserving judgment for a few more episodes.

I watched the first segment of "The New Normal" after recommendations from several critics and didn't find it even mildly amusing. I will typically give a new show at least a full episode, but this one I found so boring, I couldn't even make it that far, and turned it off at the first commercial break.

I tried to watch "The Mindy Project", but I work during primetime so I watch almost all my TV via the internet, and the Fox website wasn't cooperative.

I'm actually looking forward to returning shows "Modern Family", "The Walking Dead", "Once Upon a Time", "American Horror Story", and "Suburgatory" more than any new show I've seen advertised for this season!

#827462 - Thu Sep 27 2012 03:51 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: StarfishTwo]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I'm looking forward to the returning shows more too. smile "Modern Family" was great last night, "Big Bang Theory", "Person of Interest" and the return of "Dexter" and "Homeland" on Sunday (though those are not network of course).

"Criminal Minds" returned last night too, so that was good.

I couldn't bring myself to watch "Revolution". The premise doesn't interest me at all...somehow I have the feeling it'll end up like "Terra Nova" did. Big ratings so far though.

#827488 - Thu Sep 27 2012 06:22 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama USA
Originally Posted By: pyonir
There really aren't any shows I'm really looking forward to.
I'm going to DVR 'Last Resort' only because it has Andre Braugher in it. I'm not optimistic.

Fifteen minutes in and I'm turning out 'Last Resort.' You were wise not to be optimistic. Don't think Andre can overcome the bad scripting. (Loved that TNT show he was in, forget the title, the three guys who grew up together.)

#827490 - Thu Sep 27 2012 06:25 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

I'm looking forward to the returning shows more too. smile "Modern Family" was great last night, "Big Bang Theory", "Person of Interest" . . .

Half an hour until Person of Interest--my most awaited returning show. Save Finch!

#827510 - Thu Sep 27 2012 09:50 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: Dagny1]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I haven't watched "Last Resort" yet, but that's disappointing. Maybe going in with very low expectations I can make it through the episode. We'll see. Thanks for the heads up Dagny.

PoI was pretty good tonight! Got a kick out of the scene with the dog.

#827544 - Fri Sep 28 2012 01:23 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
"Go On" is quite good and as mentioned ealier, the cast will start to grow on you but I have to admit there are some that I can not stand and the blind guy is fantastic !!

"Revolution" - another new show that I'm hoping will not end after 1 season just as it starts to get good. Too many shows start off well and you end up investing your time watching only for the networks to shut it down.

Looking forward to the last season of Fringe. At least this way they will be able to tie up any loose ends.

#827629 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:19 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

PoI was pretty good tonight! Got a kick out of the scene with the dog.

I love that dog! Heard he's the new regular cast member, so we should be seeing more of him.

Last night's episode was awesome. My favorite parts were John talking to the cameras and the scene after we first met the dog when John, Fosco and the other guy came walking out of the building.

#827756 - Fri Sep 28 2012 04:06 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: Dagny1]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: Dagny1
the scene after we first met the dog when John, Fosco and the other guy came walking out of the building.

Haha, yeah that was pretty good.

I'll have to give Go On a shot...I like Matthew Perry but forgot about the show because it was being promoted so often for so long, I didn't really know when it started. I honestly didn't think it would last, so didn't want to start watching it. A lot of people have said it's pretty good though, so a shot might be worth it.

#828469 - Sun Sep 30 2012 10:47 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
live4trivia Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canada
The only new show I am watching is The Mob Doctor - and William Forsythe is my main reason for watching! laugh

I don't have cable, so the only shows I am watching right now are:
Grimm
Once Upon A Time
The Mob Doctor
America's Next Top Model

I like buying Cable shows on DVD:
Alphas
Dexter
Falling Skies
Haven
Hell On Wheels
Project Runway
Sons Of Anarchy
The Walking Dead

Edit: However, I am looking forward to a few midseason shows:
Zero Hour
The Following
Crossbones
Hannibal

I really liked Alcatraz - as it was a mid-season show too, I hope these shows will last longer than Alcatraz! smirk

Edited by live4trivia (Sun Sep 30 2012 10:49 PM)

#837588 - Thu Nov 08 2012 05:35 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: live4trivia]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I watched the first 5 episodes of Last Resort. I'm not sure why, but I kind of like it. I think it's basically because it's such a different premise than regular TV shows and because of Andre. It is over-dramatic, cliched, and a bit predictable at times though. The writing is not so good. I think the acting (for the most part) makes up for it though. There are still certain actors that are quite poor, but that's to be expected I think.

In any case, it's probably likely to be cancelled or at least on the bubble. I'll watch for as long as it's on, but won't be terribly disappointed if it's ultimately cancelled. Just hope Andre can find a winner then...

#837639 - Thu Nov 08 2012 11:10 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Has anyone watched 'Elementary' on CBS? That's a new one this season, and I think it's pretty good...

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Nov 08 2012 11:11 PM)

#837649 - Fri Nov 09 2012 12:30 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: gracious1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: gracious1
Has anyone watched 'Elementary' on CBS? That's a new one this season, and I think it's pretty good...

Yep! I'm really enjoying it smile I like seeing a female Watson.

#917012 - Tue Nov 13 2012 09:57 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Sypher Offline

England UK    
It's not as good as the British version of Sherlock but it does make a nice change from the CSI franchise.

#950164 - Mon Nov 19 2012 07:59 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: Sypher]
Snowman Offline
Prolific

Loc: London England UK            
I was lucky enough to see the first episode of The Following at a screening event a few months back. It is superb. Not sure if it has got a US broadcast partner yet (a lot rejected it as being too "bloody") but it is showing on Sky Atlantic in the new year over here. Definitely one to check out.

#950383 - Tue Nov 20 2012 01:15 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: Snowman]
Sypher Offline

England UK    
What is The Following about?

#950417 - Tue Nov 20 2012 05:02 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: Sypher]
Snowman Offline
Prolific

Loc: London England UK            
It's about a serial killer and the FBI agent who put him in jail. A serious of violent deaths occur that seem to link to the killer and the FBI agent is called in to examine the case. The serial killer has created a following - people who have bought into his cult of personality through the reading of his books (he's a former college professor) and visiting him in jail - and they are prepared to do whatever he asks of them.

It's a lot more complicated than that but I don't want to give any more away.

#950678 - Wed Nov 21 2012 10:49 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: Snowman]
Sypher Offline

England UK    
sounds like a good show, I see Kevin Bacon is in it.

#950749 - Wed Nov 21 2012 04:18 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: Sypher]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Last Resort was cancelled. It'll only run 13 episodes. That's expected, but still disappointing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/last-resort-canceled-666-park-avenue-391442

I'm looking forward The Following. I had no idea what it was about until I read the post by Snowman, but just based on the previews and Kevin Bacon I was going to watch it.

#960933 - Sun Jan 13 2013 09:20 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
Pyonir it was inevitable that "Last Resort" was going to be cancelled, especially with the time slot for the serious nature of the show.

I am glad it made it to the air, and unlike recent shows that never lasted a full season, like you, I am not going to be upset, I am just going to enjoy the rest of the episodes and creativity of the show while I hold out for a possible revival next year in a better time slot or better yet a basic cable pick up where I think it could flourish more.

#960935 - Sun Jan 13 2013 09:58 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

That would be pretty awesome if TNT or TBS or USA picked it up. Andre kills it in the show (some of the other acting leaves a lot to be desired, though).

#962073 - Sun Jan 20 2013 09:02 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
I really hope they tie this season up somewhat reasonably and don't leave it completely hanging or rush and finish it sloppily.

#962287 - Mon Jan 21 2013 09:14 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

I've read that they re-wrote the last episode when they found it was not going to be renewed back in November. Sounds like they are still holding out hope that it'll get picked up somewhere though...as it sounds like some closure but not complete closure.

I just watched "The Following" premiere. I'm hooked. Great acting, great premise, just hope that it continues that way and doesn't get ridiculous, like a lot of those kinds of shows end up being. I really like the Poe backdrop to it. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

#962488 - Tue Jan 22 2013 07:19 PM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
My DVR is recording 'The Taste' right now - I'm hoping it'll be a little different from all the other food shows already on the air!

Editor for Television Category

#963024 - Fri Jan 25 2013 04:52 AM Re: New shows 2012 TV season [Re: pyonir]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Thought the Finale of "Last Resort" was a lot to cram into one episode...and it was very intense. They did a decent job of tying up loose ends quickly. I'm glad I watched the episodes. The scenes with Braugher and Speedman were great...simply great.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong