Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 57 of 92 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91 92 >
Topic Options
#957580 - Thu Dec 27 2012 07:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: fado72
Complete the crossword puzzle xxxx in the World category.

Cab I use the easy mode?

If it didn't specifically say "In Hard Mode", then yes, you can use easy mode.

#957754 - Fri Dec 28 2012 12:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
queproblema Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Kenny Lake Alaska USA     
I completed the crossword in hard mode, but it won't "whisk me away." Nor does it count. I can't find any mistakes.

Ack. "This post may no longer be deleted."

Found my mistake blush and got whisked away. smilee

Edited by queproblema (Fri Dec 28 2012 12:55 AM)

#957756 - Fri Dec 28 2012 01:24 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: queproblema]
playmate1111 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: South Africa
My easy challnge today was "Play a quiz whose title begins with the letter S and score at least 3 correct". I played Sultans at Rest and got 9/10 but didn't get my points for it. HELP!

#957762 - Fri Dec 28 2012 01:35 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: playmate1111]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: playmate1111
My easy challnge today was "Play a quiz whose title begins with the letter S and score at least 3 correct". I played Sultans at Rest and got 9/10 but didn't get my points for it. HELP!

That quiz,

http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/World/Sultans-at-Rest-355160.html

actually begins with a quotation mark " ' " instead of an "S". So you'll have to play another quiz that begins with an "S" without a quotation mark.

#957763 - Fri Dec 28 2012 01:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
playmate1111 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: South Africa
Thanks Maria, but when I looked again, I got my credit, so someone must have fixed that glitch. Thank you to whoever ... smile

#957786 - Fri Dec 28 2012 06:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Yes, Kyle, there is a cusp. Say you must play an easy quiz. You play one, and it gets bumped to average. It no longer qualifies, so there is a bumper, a "cusp", if you will, to prevent it from no longer counting. smile

My guess is "Geographical Felines" (hey, that's my quiz!) was simply on the cusp. I don't recall it ever being average, it's always been tough. So it must have very recently moved to average. It is probably part of that little leeway Terry created, so it counted. If this is the case, I definitely see 5 in a row. Your total would not have moved from 3 until you had played the fourth in a row (which you didn't check until after playing ANOTHER, giving you 5).

I can see how it would be marked complete, though it doesn't appear it should be.

Thanks Salami Swami. I checked it after I played each quiz though, and it went straight from "Best attempt: 3" to "5 done: Complete".

#957787 - Fri Dec 28 2012 06:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
I can see how the thing could be justifiably awarded with the changing difficulty levels. I just feel bad because the intermediate "fail" was for Mewsical Mutations (hangs head lol)

No, no. It was entirely my fault. I should have got Feline Groovy.

#957824 - Fri Dec 28 2012 11:49 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Originally Posted By: Mariamir
Originally Posted By: playmate1111

That quiz,

http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/World/Sultans-at-Rest-355160.html

actually begins with a quotation mark " ' " instead of an "S". So you'll have to play another quiz that begins with an "S" without a quotation mark.

Terry said that quizzes that begin with "" wouldn't count the "" as the first letter.

#957826 - Fri Dec 28 2012 12:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Yes, that was fixed, but sometimes, I believe, a quiz may slip through the cracks and not get counted... Perhaps it could have been simply delayed as it was deciphering the ["] as not a letter, and moving on to the next?

Or something weird like that.

#957890 - Fri Dec 28 2012 02:59 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
And possibly the game was set to ignore an initial " but this quiz starts with ' - which is unusual, so it may need adjusting to have that ignored as well.

#957898 - Fri Dec 28 2012 03:45 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
'Twas the night before... is the use of an apostrophe, not a quote mark. Including an ignore on a 'twere during a title reading by a quizbot would be wrong IMHO. The use of an apostrophe before and after titles maybe should be deemed as FT unaccepted usage in place of real quote marks: "__". "single quotes"('__') do seem to be getting a lot of use though. Aren't single quotes only to be used as a second tier of quoting within a quote?

Whether the leading apostrophe (as in 'tween) should be ignored though is a different subject only brought up here to show the impact of ignoring that leading apostrophe.

#957899 - Fri Dec 28 2012 04:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

For quotations, ' is used for an internal quote-within-a-quote, but the use of ' or " as the primary denotation of titles is yet another trans-Atlantic divide.

#958200 - Sun Dec 30 2012 08:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
DomiNeyTor Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA
I find it odd that getting 13/25 is good enough to win Quiz of the Hour (which requires getting 50% right), yet finishing 13th of 25 is NOT good enough to win the Daily Challenge "Rank in the top 50% of players in your division at the close of an hourly game of Who's the Smartest?"

Any explanation for this?

#958202 - Sun Dec 30 2012 08:50 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: DomiNeyTor]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

13/25 is more than 50% correct (as 12.5 would be 50%).

But 13th place out of 25 players is outside the top 50% because to be in the top 50% one would need to come 12 and halfth or better. smile

Yes, halfth is a word. Well, should be.

#958301 - Sun Dec 30 2012 06:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Serious bug in a medium challenge.

The challenge is to play any four average, tough, or difficult 10-question player quizzes in a row, achieving scores of at least 8 on each.

However, it will not record more than 2 quizzes. When I play another quiz, the bottom one drops off, and I'm left with a list of two again.

UPDATE: And naturally, as soon as I report it, it stops doing it. Oh well...

Edited by gracious1 (Sun Dec 30 2012 06:54 PM)

#958315 - Sun Dec 30 2012 10:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Okay, now I have one that is really wrong.

I bought a medium challenge, which is to play the Daily Game and score 17 correct. It says that I have answered 18 questions correctly, and that the challenge is complete.

The trouble is, I have not played the Daily Game yet today. I did play it yesterday and got 18 questions correct. Hmmmm....

Edited by gracious1 (Fri Jan 04 2013 05:43 PM)

#958497 - Mon Dec 31 2012 06:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AdamM7]
ASA Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide
  SA Australia   
I have reported this before but still happens.

My easy challenge

Play a mixed quiz (as listed on the homepage under Newest Mixed Quizzes) and score 595 points. Click the PLAY link (not HTML) for credit.

I played the html version, which obviously did not complete the challenge,I then went back and played the quiz game got the same questions and then completed the challenge.

It maybe because I am not a gold member and have reached my quiz scoring limit.

#958500 - Mon Dec 31 2012 07:11 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ASA]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
I'm not sure what the problem is. The mixed quizzes on the homepage feature the same questions even if you repeat, do they not?

#958511 - Mon Dec 31 2012 08:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
ASA Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide
  SA Australia   
Originally Posted By: reeshy
I'm not sure what the problem is. The mixed quizzes on the homepage feature the same questions even if you repeat, do they not?

Yes but it allows me to get the answers, through html, to feed them into the quiz game and thus achieve the challenge.

#958513 - Mon Dec 31 2012 09:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: ASA]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

It's only an Easy Challenge - I find it hard to imagine that anyone would bother organising that technique to cheat their way to a win. It's not that hard to take a couple of them if you don't score enough the first time.

#958515 - Mon Dec 31 2012 09:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Hi everyone,

I've just returned from the mines of Funtrivia where I have been slaving most of the day to dig out the Epic challenge Quiz III badgelet. Has anyone one else managed to get a level three badgelet?

#958523 - Mon Dec 31 2012 10:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
themonarch Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Southeastern Connecticut USA
Yes Matthew_07 does have the triple black flag I believe he is the only other triple flag holder besides yourself right now congrats on what I imagine is quite a tough flag to get. The single orange flag took a while for me to get I could only imagine what the triple has in store.

#958537 - Tue Jan 01 2013 12:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: themonarch]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Another major bug. The challenge is to visit Ask FunTrivia and ask a trivia question...
It says I have completed, but I have not gone to Ask FunTrivia at all.

#958538 - Tue Jan 01 2013 12:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
tiddybitnibbly Offline
Participant

Loc: Maryland USA
I just came to post about the same thing. All my challenges today are marked as complete, but I haven't done any of them.

#958539 - Tue Jan 01 2013 12:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
maninmidohio Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA               
I also checked my challenges real early (12:06 FT time) and find that I have already satisfied two of them:

Easy: Find and play a quiz with 20 questions and score at least half of them correct. You cannot have played the quiz in the past 30 days.

Medium: Rank in the top 5 in your division in any hourly game.

I assume that yesterday's result were checked rather than today's to satisfy the requirements stated here.

Page 57 of 92 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91 92 >

Moderator:  Terry