Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 16 of 93 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#827625 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
I think that over time people won't even try to complete all of the daily challenges.

The thing is, there is so much to do on a daily basis as there is, that I suspect over time people will pick and choose from their daily challenges, or try some of the harder ones when they run out of things to do.

I am considering adding some FT point bonus for completing a challenge though. Perhaps +100 easy, +250 medium, +500 difficult or something like that.

#827626 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
Originally Posted By: Terry
Terry, I won the "Mind Melt" challenge badge from playing the game yesterday, but it was awarded at 12:03 FT Time and didn't give me credit for my Difficult Challenge: "Complete a Major FunTrivia Challenge that results in a badge being won. Note that mini-challenges do not count."... cry cry cry

Hm, it certainly would be nice to be able to count that.

Unfortunately, mind melt scores after the challenges complete, and the badge falls on the next day. There really isn't an easy way to make it (or other daily game badges awarded when they reset) count, unless I redo the scheduling for everything, which has all sorts of potential unintended consequences of its own.

frown Oh, well. At least I know I completed it smile

At the very least I need to document this fact in the challenge description, until a day that perhaps there is a fix.

#827628 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Mugaboo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Scotland UK
I was given an "I'm the Expert!" challenge today. Nothing wrong with that, except my opponent is level 16, and therefore does not have Expert Vision, Mulligan, or Change the Future. I can do these do these, which seem to me I have an unfair advantage, as I can plan further ahead, by seeing those subjects that are already fixed, and what might be coming in the future.

Not that I'm complaining, but I just wondered whether this was fair.

#827644 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mugaboo]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

At the end of the day he has every opportunity to play exactly the same games as you do.

#827649 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Hm, it certainly would be nice to be able to count that.

Unfortunately, mind melt scores after the challenges complete, and the badge falls on the next day. There really isn't an easy way to make it (or other daily game badges awarded when they reset) count, unless I redo the scheduling for everything, which has all sorts of potential unintended consequences of its own.

Actually upon looking at the list again with this information, the number of badges one can get within one day without having prior preparation (read: an almost completed task) is very limited and most of them are those that players do get early. With another 6-10 of them eliminated by the scoring order, it's unrealistic that any player would be in a position to win this as often as it will come up in rotation.

I am counting a total of merely 28 that one could get within a day's efforts, 19 of which are the prime candidates for early wins (13 of those are the Achievements, six more are the hourly division winners).

Maybe this one could be made MUCH rarer than other difficults? It would be interesting and playable to see it come up just once or twice a year as a good reminder for a player to check his badge list for that "almost complete" one like I did in testing. With equal probability, I fear this may soon become an insta-exchange once players have exhausted their obvious options.

(Interesting side question: What if a player sits on 20/20/19 and has two difficults both completing at midnight, one of which is the requirement to earn a bagde? Will this award Adventurer first and then trigger the challenge?)

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Fri Sep 28 2012 10:26 AM)

#827652 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:24 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

"Maybe this one could be made MUCH rarer than other difficults" -- all challenges have equal probability.

I'll simply remove the difficult one, and probably move the medium "badge or badgelet" to "difficult". It's far more likely someone will complete the challenge via a badgelet.

#827655 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

I'll simply remove the difficult one, and probably move the medium "badge or badgelet" to "difficult". It's far more likely someone will complete the challenge via a badgelet.

Sounds good on both counts. That's something more in range of the typical player and also more repeatable since we tend to add more badgelets than badges in the long run.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Fri Sep 28 2012 10:30 AM)

#827658 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:31 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Terry, please also check the PM I sent you regarding the game yesterday. There is a small "oops" regarding the epics.

#827671 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Can you put a list of the epic badgelets on the challenge page without detailing the requirements of each one? That way we can see who's gotten them and/or how many people have won them.

#827675 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:49 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: nautilator]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

"Can you put a list of the epic badgelets on the challenge page without detailing the requirements of each one? That way we can see who's gotten them and/or how many people have won them."

That's next on my list. "Most Recent Epic Winners"

#827694 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:22 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

#827724 - Fri Sep 28 2012 01:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Terry - I noticed that it says how many daily challenges have been completed so far today as one of the bits and pieces in the Buzz. That was a great idea! smile

~(_8(I)

#827732 - Fri Sep 28 2012 01:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AdamM7]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Yes, I love seeing that little snippet as well.

#827745 - Fri Sep 28 2012 02:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

p.s. I love reading the "story thread". It's so wonderfully random.

#827747 - Fri Sep 28 2012 02:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Rofl, I should go read it for fun. :P

#827765 - Fri Sep 28 2012 04:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Crap, missed out on my Difficult today by 7pts...guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to buy a new challenge frown Done today then.

I like the new tracking feature for Epics! Will need to read the story thread too, looks like tons of new posts now the game is live! So exciting!!

#827782 - Fri Sep 28 2012 05:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
I agree with both Reeshy and Alexx on their points. There were lots of games I was neglecting (mostly because I never did well at many of them)...but now that I'm "challenged" (ok, no jokes folks lol) that's a different story. And besides, levels are earned by points as well as badges, so it doesn't "hurt" to get back into some games and rack up a few. Win-win in my mind. And thanks.

#827788 - Fri Sep 28 2012 06:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Midget40]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Midget40
Just a small point on the wording of the Epic challenge badge which states:

Awarded to a player who manages to find and complete the eight Epic daily challenges.

Until I found and read all the Intro & Facts section this made it sound like they were challenges you had to FIND somewhere on the site and then complete them.

I have to say I agree with Midget40 on this one. It sounds like you have to hunt for them, like a scavenger.

It makes sense to me the way it is. You do have to find them, by purchasing challenges.

Well, actualy, it's more like the Epic challenges find YOU. laugh Perhaps rephrase like this: "Awarded to a player who completes the eight Epic daily challenges, which appear randomly in the Daily Challenge list". That way, we know it isn't something to search for.

Edited by gracious1 (Fri Sep 28 2012 06:27 PM)

#827789 - Fri Sep 28 2012 06:33 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: gracious1
Well, actualy, it's more like the Epic challenges find YOU. laugh Perhaps rephrase like this: "Awarded to a player who completes the eight Epic daily challenges, which appear randomly in the Daily Challenge list". That way, we know it isn't something to search for.

If the wording is to be changed it needs to include "buying" in the description. They don't just "appear" randomly. They have to be bought, like it says in the FAQ.

#827790 - Fri Sep 28 2012 06:35 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Actually, a lot of the questions people have been asking can be answered by reading the FAQ or reading all of the words in the challenge descriptions....That is what the FAQ is there for too, to answer those kinds of questions.

Regarding the "Totally Epic" badge, from the FAQ:

"An epic challenge is one of eight rare challenges that you can occasionally get when "buying" a challenge.

There are a total of eight epic challenges, and each one has a corresponding epic badgelet that is won upon completion.

They are more elaborate and difficult than normal challenges and you should expect anywhere between one and six hours of play to give them proper attention. If you do complete the requirements of an epic challenge, you will receive the appropriate flag badgelet (which counts normally towards your badgelet total even though it is not listed in the normal "Tower of Challenges" list)."

"Epic challenges are a 4th class of challenges which can only be obtained by buying new challenges with those credits."

"Finally, there is a special treat for our dedicated players: Should you manage to collect all of the epic flags, you will be awarded the rare and coveted "Totally Epic" badge. You can find that one all the way down in the Diamond Dome."

and

"No. We have specifically decided not to show these flags in the list to preserve the mystery of the epic daily challenges. You will not see their requirements until you get an epic challenge. There are eight of these flags: white, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, green and black. Each of them will test your performance in a single area of the site. Which of them is which will be left to you to discover - and please do not share your discoveries with others. Every player should be able to enjoy the feeling of finding another piece of the puzzle."

Perhaps, instead of totally rewording the description of "Totally Epic" on the challenge page, a link to the Daily Challenges FAQ, could be added instead. This would serve two purposes. 1: it would dispel any confusion that you have to search for the flags like a scavenger hunt, and 2: it would alert people to the challenges if they did not notice them before or try the link at the top of their homepage.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Fri Sep 28 2012 06:52 PM)

#827805 - Fri Sep 28 2012 08:28 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Won an Epic flag! 4th to win of all time. I fell badly now about making such a fuss. Sorry, all! Black flag.

I was ordered to edit this. People weren't supposed to know how to get the Epic Black Flag.

I thought it had to be ASSIGNED to a player first?! They have to be challenged to get it in order to actually achieve it!

It shouldn't make a dime's worth of a difference if it was designed correctly!

That is all! Good night! I'm NOT happy.

Edited by cubswin2323 (Fri Sep 28 2012 09:01 PM)

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#827806 - Fri Sep 28 2012 08:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Congrats on winning the Epic!

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Fri Sep 28 2012 08:59 PM)

#827814 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
maninmidohio Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA               
Cubs - you are not supposed to disclose exactly what the epics are, spoils the fun for the rest of us.

#827817 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

YOU are the one you gave me the bad note, kaddarsgirl! I have a REAL problem with a Level 72 telling what a Level 150, such as myself what to say! I'm VERY angry! I don't care if you had access to the daily challenge game before me or not! Good night!

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#827819 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: maninmidohio]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: maninmidohio
Cubs - you are not supposed to disclose exactly what the epics are, spoils the fun for the rest of us.

My name is Dave, not Cubs. Look at the sig line!

Page 16 of 93 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry